PDA

View Full Version : Fake LV Wallets

AliXJ
06-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Does anybody know who sells FAKE LV wallets in the Calgary area? Please PM if you know.

littledan
06-23-2005, 01:16 AM
yeah that will go great with your mike shoes and bolex watch.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

mac_82
06-23-2005, 05:31 AM
most people that i know that get fake wallets get them from hong kong, korea, or thailand. havent heard of a place in calgary.

AliXJ
06-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Thanks Little Dan for your useless input, was asked by a buddy where to get them and I thought I would get them one! :thumbsdow

HRD2PLZ
06-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Maybe try this guy? He seems to be selling a fair amount of knock-off LV accessories :dunno:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89870

HRD2PLZ
06-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Or, this guys is selling an authentic one for cheap:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90974

finboy
06-23-2005, 05:19 PM
hmmmm, can't afford the real thing so he's trying to look rich...

HRD2PLZ
06-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by finboy
hmmmm, can't afford the real thing so he's trying to look rich...

Some people just can't justify spending that much for luxury items. I have a number of LV wallets, belts and briefcase. Some may argue that its ridiculous to spend money on such useless items, but I take so much more pride in them compared to anything else I have ever had similar.

izzoblitzo
06-23-2005, 08:05 PM
I can justify spending money on brand name goods if it's a material possession.. $400bux for a wallet compared to $400 for some sunglasses.. I'd get the sunglasses any day, as the wallet wouldnt be as much of a priority... at least less appealing anyway.

However, spending $30,000 a year on bottles of Evian water to wash your hair with (like Demi Moore!) is over the top! Just not worth it. But then again, worth is different from person to person.

max_boost
06-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Ebay

AliXJ
06-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Thanx HRD2PLZ for your direction, as far a finboy: I wanna look rich? You don't know me, I'm tryna get one for a buddy. Nice for being a nice guy. :thumbsdow :guns: :thumbsdow :guns: :hijack:

JordanLotoski
06-23-2005, 08:26 PM
whats wrong with a black leather wallet?

EK 2.0
06-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
whats wrong with a black leather wallet?

or a really nice engraved money clip??

JordanLotoski
06-23-2005, 08:30 PM
ive got a dell pda..i keep all my shit in that and use it like a wallet...sure its no LV wallet but does the job....and iam not against LV at all my wifes for an over priced handbag. But when i picture a guy pulling out an LV wallet, i picture him wearing a pimk tube top and having his navel pierced.

Toms-SC
06-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
ive got a dell pda..i keep all my shit in that and use it like a wallet...sure its no LV wallet but does the job....and iam not against LV at all my wifes for an over priced handbag. But when i picture a guy pulling out an LV wallet, i picture him wearing a pimk tube top and having his navel pierced.

haha :thumbsup: :rofl:

Metro crew HOLA!

frostyda9
06-23-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

Some may argue that its ridiculous to spend money on such useless items, but I take so much more pride in them compared to anything else I have ever had similar.

100% agreed. When you spend the extra $ for something nice, it makes you happy to know you have something a little special. I think it tends to make you take better care of your possessions and appreciate them to a greater extent, as well.

max_boost
06-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9

100% agreed. When you spend the extra $ for something nice, it makes you happy to know you have something a little special. I think it tends to make you take better care of your possessions and appreciate them to a greater extent, as well.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

Value is perceived. If you think it's worth it, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I have had a couple LV wallets, they were both gifts. In the end, I went back to my $12 French Connection skater style velcro wallet because it did the job well :D

Is it just me or a lot of these people who say it's a waste of money can't afford this stuff? And then they proceed to say 'even if I had the money I wouldn't buy it anyway'

Are you sure? LOL

t-im
06-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Is it just me or a lot of these people who say it's a waste of money can't afford this stuff? And then they proceed to say 'even if I had the money I wouldn't buy it anyway'

Are you sure? LOL

Well said. haha

If you insist on having a Louis Vuitton wallet, get a real one. If you're not willing to pay that much for it, just buy a normal black wallet. I only say that because (this is totally my opinion) but when you want to buy a fake of a "luxury" good, you're trying to "look" the part without paying for it, and that's pretty poser...basically trying to "look" rich when you're not. Does that only make sense in my head?

lastprodigy
06-24-2005, 02:33 AM
^^ it makes sense in all your snotty LV whore heads i bet

XylathaneGTR
06-24-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
^^ it makes sense in all your snotty LV whore heads i bet

Makes perfect sense to me.
prodigy, you need to relax.

HRD2PLZ
06-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Most of my LV is the Monogram Glace leather or Damier Canvas, I only have 1 article in the flashy Monogram Canvas that everybody can so easily recogize. I like my nice luxury items, but I don't find it necessary for me to flaunt it in everyone else's face :)

finboy
06-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

Some people just can't justify spending that much for luxury items. I have a number of LV wallets, belts and briefcase. Some may argue that its ridiculous to spend money on such useless items, but I take so much more pride in them compared to anything else I have ever had similar.

oh i wouldn't spend $400 on a wallet either, but i wouldn't buy a knockoff either, its like slapping a type R sticker on your dx civic, lame and phony.

Originally posted by AliXJ
You don't know me

this is starting to sound like a jerry springer episode

toyboy88
06-24-2005, 09:38 AM
^^^
jerry's on channel 37 right now :rofl: :D

schurchill39
06-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Man why does it have to come down to people discriminating others over their income. Theres nothing i hate more then "your jelous because you cant afford it" if the guy wants to buy a knock off let him buy a knock off. Maybe he likes the style but doesnt want to pay out of his ass for it. It would be no different from the "black wallet" except it has a couple of letters on it. I am not saying that buying expensive luxury items is stupid because i like to do that when i actuall have money but like HRD2PLZ said theres no need to flaunt them. Self satisfaction, not rubbing it in other peoples faces. This wasnt directed at any one.... just in the direction this thread was going

EK 2.0
06-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
Man why does it have to come down to people discriminating others over their income. Theres nothing i hate more then "your jelous because you cant afford it" if the guy wants to buy a knock off let him buy a knock off. Maybe he likes the style but doesnt want to pay out of his ass for it. It would be no different from the "black wallet" except it has a couple of letters on it. I am not saying that buying expensive luxury items is stupid because i like to do that when i actuall have money but like HRD2PLZ said theres no need to flaunt them. Self satisfaction, not rubbing it in other peoples faces. This wasnt directed at any one.... just in the direction this thread was going

for me its the quality issue. After having looked closely at a few friends real LV, Prada, and the couple of Burberry Items, that I own. Then, comparing them to knock offs, I for one cannot tell the difference at a glance, or hell even with closely staring, but, I do notice the knocks off craftsmanship is no where near the quality of materials, stiching and details of the real shit.

ronaldo
06-25-2005, 01:53 AM
^^^:werd: i definately agree....from a simple glance its usually really hard to tell apart the fakes from the authentics but in the end it all comes down to quality and durability of the item. the authenic ones usually always last longer and are alot more durable. but sometimes the authentic shit is simply too expensive so the fakes do just fine;) ...imo of course