PDA

View Full Version : looking for some help on car inspections

MooseJawian
06-22-2005, 07:59 PM
I am gonna purchase a car from Calgary, since I am from SK and working in AB, I wanna have the car go thru the SK outta province inspection(pain in the ass), so before I ask my boss for the break going back SK for the inspections, I'd like to have some certified mechanics or shops in calgary to do a inspection on it with the SK standards and see how it goes. so I really appreciate anyone from this forum could recommend some good and honest ppl that are familiar with SK inspections or any information about it..
thanx!!

2002civic
06-23-2005, 12:47 PM
canadian tire and petro canadas do them, about honest id prolly trust canadian tire over petro canada but who knows

B20EF
06-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Don't they have a Forest Lawn where your from, you can always find a mechanic who'll sign the papers for some cash in his pocket

Zero102
06-24-2005, 12:45 AM
^^^
Hahaha, every city has a neighborhood like that!

In all fairness, I'd get a pre-purchase inspection on any car you buy, if it passes, take it back and get it inspected in SK, it will most likely pass there as well.
Usually pre-purchase inspections are the pickiest of them all. Tell the shop doing the pre-purchase inspection that you plan to take it to saskatchewan, and have it OOP inspected, and they may be more dilligent about their duties to ensure the safety of the vehicle.
As far as who to take it to, I have only ever taken my car to Alpine Autowerks, but unless you're buying a german car, I wouldn't reccomend taking it there. They're somewhat specialized in that way. My dad has taken his to 'Auto Diagnostics' in the past with good results. They would most likely do a pre-purchase inspection (also much cheaper than OOP)