PDA

View Full Version : Land of the Dead

AznDragon2004
06-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Anyone going to see this movie?

I'm gonna go see it tomorrow, just for the hell of it. Personally i like zombie movies. LOL

brandon
06-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Isn't this exactly like Dawn of the Dead? or every other zombie movie?

pitwipe
06-23-2005, 03:20 PM
20 years in the making. George A Romero is the king of zombie movies. He invented zombie movies. Watch for all the social commentary in his films.. it's not just gore and the undead.
I'll be there tomorrow :thumbsup:

ninjak84
06-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah Romero is huge, this movies gonna be sweet!

civic_stylez
06-23-2005, 04:07 PM
most of those movies are all the same but i cant help watcing them anyways...hopefully its good!

AznDragon2004
06-23-2005, 04:46 PM
I enjoyed Dawn of the Dead. It was alot better than Resident Evil Movies.

BlkMaxima
06-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Looks good Im gonna go see it!:thumbsup:

gerrycurl21
06-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Romero is huge? I heard he couldnt get a decent movie going since the late 80's.

pitwipe
06-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by gerrycurl21
Romero is huge? I heard he couldnt get a decent movie going since the late 80's.

Lack of funding. Big movie houses don't like funding 'genre' movie cuz the returns are usually small. Romero refused to make the movie on the cheap... so he waited, and waited, and, well, you get the point ;)

izzoblitzo
06-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Romero's movies are instant cult classics. Unlike movies such as Aliens where things pop up at you for a fright, his zombie movies play off and have this effect on you that make you wonder what you would do in that position... trying to run from zombies. The tense moments when you know someone is infected, and it's only a matter of time before they can unleash fury on you!!

I LOVE thinking about scenario's where everybody is turning into a zombie, and what I'd do! like, barricade yourself in a walmart and fight them off with garden tools. hahaha

pitwipe
06-23-2005, 08:01 PM
^ :werd: I've had dreams where I play out just those scenarios. Romero is a genius.

AznDragon2004
06-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
Romero's movies are instant cult classics. Unlike movies such as Aliens where things pop up at you for a fright, his zombie movies play off and have this effect on you that make you wonder what you would do in that position... trying to run from zombies. The tense moments when you know someone is infected, and it's only a matter of time before they can unleash fury on you!!

I LOVE thinking about scenario's where everybody is turning into a zombie, and what I'd do! like, barricade yourself in a walmart and fight them off with garden tools. hahaha

Haha you got me imagining that too. Barricaded in walmart. What does walmart got we can use to defend ourselves???? :rolleyes:

Eken9
06-23-2005, 11:02 PM
^ illegal aliens:rofl:

2000_SI
06-23-2005, 11:15 PM
^^ No, they have garden tools, like izzoblitzo said :nut:

2002civic
06-23-2005, 11:21 PM
this looks good, cant wait

eb0i
06-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by AznDragon2004

Haha you got me imagining that too. Barricaded in walmart. What does walmart got we can use to defend ourselves???? :rolleyes:

hey the sell ammo, and air guns. they also have bow and arrows, haha.

civic_stylez
06-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by AznDragon2004

they also carry a shitload of ricer car parts there too...they scare humans pretty good so im sure the would work on zombies...

AznDragon2004
06-24-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by eb0i

hey the sell ammo, and air guns. they also have bow and arrows, haha.

That i didn't know

b_t
06-24-2005, 11:00 AM
we figured the best place to hide in case of a zombie invasion is somewhere out in the boonies, since if they go to where they did when they were alive, a shopping mall is a bad idea. we were thinking sunshine, since it takes a fuckin long time to walk there from anywhere so zombies wouldn't be a problem for days, lots of buildings to barricade yourselves in, and the avalanche control guys have cannons, and there is probably rifles around there (if we didn't pick them up on the way).
it was either that, or one of the floating stores in the middle of the shuswap lakes.

finboy
06-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by b_t
we figured the best place to hide in case of a zombie invasion is somewhere out in the boonies, since if they go to where they did when they were alive, a shopping mall is a bad idea. we were thinking sunshine, since it takes a fuckin long time to walk there from anywhere so zombies wouldn't be a problem for days, lots of buildings to barricade yourselves in, and the avalanche control guys have cannons, and there is probably rifles around there (if we didn't pick them up on the way).
it was either that, or one of the floating stores in the middle of the shuswap lakes.

i'd just go to the family island in ontario, i don't think zombies could swim that well :dunno:

b_t
06-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by finboy

i'd just go to the family island in ontario, i don't think zombies could swim that well :dunno:

but they can't die (or drown) and don't float, so they could walk along the bottom to kill ya. it'd take them awhile, but they would get there eventually
zombies can't climb, so there is no way they could get to the top of the floating store :D

BlkMaxima
06-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Heres a link for the movie Trailer!!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/landofthedead/large.html

izzoblitzo
06-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Looks like they can swim (or at least walk along the bottom of the lake) this time!!! In the first one, looks like the island/land mass the survivors went to were infected too! I think the zombie disease started as an air-born attack.. because it happened over night.. so quickly! But the zombies shouldnt live forever.. I mean, what gives them energy? would they not decay to the point they cannot walk?

AznDragon2004
06-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Saw this movie today and i thought dawn of the dead was alot better but that's just me.

kiwi
06-25-2005, 12:38 AM
There's a lot of gore in this movie, but it wasn't really that scary. Pretty much all zombie movies are the same. I enjoyed Dawn of the Dead more than this one.

Obscura
06-25-2005, 01:08 AM
I liked Dawn of the Dead (remake) until the end credit scenes...Thought those ruined the movie.

I quite liked Land of the Dead, thought it was worth a first run price.:thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
06-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Wow, to pay money for a movie that has been made and regurgitated a thousand time......:banghead:

I wouldn't even watch it when A-Channel shows it for free. What a waste of film and SFX makeup IMO

88CRX
06-25-2005, 02:29 AM
were going north....... to Caaannnnaaada.... theres nothing up there

:rofl:

it was aight i guess :dunno:

old&slow
06-25-2005, 07:05 AM
Zombies man...they creep me out!!:eek:

three.eighteen.
06-25-2005, 10:17 AM
...brains...

finboy
06-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
...brains...

reminds me of...

originally stated by zombie
...brains.....brains....*taps homer's skull*.......brains *walks away from homer*

http://www.astercity.net/~jackal/images/blog/zombie_simpsons.jpg

b_t
06-25-2005, 03:00 PM
haha my favorite part of the movie was when the president guy was like "oh look quick get down" and pushed the guy down and shot him in the head hahahaha
good flick though :thumbsup: exceptionally violent

gerrycurl21
06-27-2005, 06:09 PM
"i dont usually talk to retards"

but im sure every theatre in Canada had a chuckle when he said there was nothing up north though i heard it was shot in T.O

gen2teggy
06-27-2005, 06:12 PM
ehhh it was stupid....zombies thinking???? n shooting guns bahwahahahhah.
rite when that black zombie picked up the gun....i was like "what a shittty moviee"

izzoblitzo
06-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I thought the movie was pretty cool! I mean, if it was the case where the zombies would return do do what they were used to doing (ie. gas attendant guy is filling up gas.. and musicians playing music etc).. I think they did a pretty good job of that! It was kinda neat to have the camera walking around town seeing all these zombies doing what they do.. obviously, they dont run anymore.. probably from the tissue rotting away.. also, most people are facinated by fireworks when they go off.. so to see zombies also being facinated was kinda cool too. hahaha

I thought zombies could climb.. didnt they climb a fence in the parkade in the first movie?

I thought this movie tried to be too funny at times.. it lost it's charm from the original, where it was all about fright. this one, you kinda saw all the personas coming.. it just didnt sit well with me that the zombies were "learning" and communicated like that.

They coulda just took one bite out of everyone so their army of the dead would get bigger instead of eating and dismembering every single human!!

The shrubby humans that live in the slums could easily live in any of the other apartment buildings that are available! it looks like only the middle building was for living.. what about the office tower next to it? they could easily live in there.

I didnt know if I shoulda felt bad for the zombies at the end or not! they made it seem like the zombies were the ones to feel sorry for!

403Gemini
06-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by pitwipe
^ :werd: I've had dreams where I play out just those scenarios. Romero is a genius.

yo, i thought i was the only fucked up one that had nightmares bout that shit. i dunno the idea of zombies scarest he fuck outta me but i guess thats why i LOVE zombie flicks

403Gemini
06-29-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Obscura
I liked Dawn of the Dead (remake) until the end credit scenes...Thought those ruined the movie.

I quite liked Land of the Dead, thought it was worth a first run price.:thumbsup:

why? cause it left you with the sick feeling that there was actually no chance of survival?

kiwi
06-29-2005, 11:15 AM
hee hee, zombies don't scare me for some reason... it's movies about ghosts that give me nightmares for weeks! I have to sleep with all the lights on! Seriously!