PDA

View Full Version : Computer Case/Monitor Painting

apples
06-23-2005, 03:22 PM
I am always looking for new markets that have some kind of potential. This is mainly because I can't stand working for someone else, I went from doing freelance web development to working as an in-house developer at the airport, it was a horrible experience. Anyways, Ive been messing around latley painting computer cases and monitors and I have to say they look pretty wicked, and I quite enjoy doing it. I am just curious if a service like this was available, would any of you take advantage of it. Lets say for example you could bring your desktop PC and monitor in and for $100-300 you could get them primed, painted and clear coated.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Chris

BebeAphrodite
06-23-2005, 03:24 PM
do u take it apart and would it void the warranty? also do u have a pic of the finish product?
all colours available as well?

apples
06-23-2005, 03:25 PM
hmmm interesting, didnt even think about that . Ill check it out:thumbsup:

apples
06-23-2005, 03:30 PM
From what I can see it looks like it would. Damn :thumbsdow

Phy
06-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Don't be discouraged, I'd bet there's more than a few geeks out there who scratchbuild their systems (no overall warranty to worry about) but don't have the knowledge to paint it. It might not be immediately a bill-paying venture, but from there you can branch out into other painting ventures as you get better at it.

apples
06-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Very true very true i like that. Although with my IT education chances are I would probably move to building/upgrading computers from there. Anyone else have an opinion on whether this idea has potential or not?

eur0
06-23-2005, 06:41 PM
theres a big community out there that like to customize their pc's but im not sure as to how many want to get their case and monitor painted...i usually just buy the case that looks best and leave it at that...

but while i think about it, if you can become highly skilled at doing it and make a showcase computer that you can showoff at lans, etc. you should be able to get some attention...

lam-boy
06-24-2005, 12:52 PM
nice idea, I painted my computer while I was waiting for parts to come in..not the case, but the inside because you can see through it so I thought it would be a nice addition. good luck to ya dude.

GucciBoy
06-25-2005, 01:01 PM
hey if you are good with airbrushing or powder coating , i might just have the job for you :thumbsup:

Tyler883
06-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Isn't there a guy at the crossroads flea market that paints liscense plates, and received a bit of fame for painting some hockey masks?

He's damn good at his craft, if you are too, then go for it!

Good luck, man!