PDA

View Full Version : Used Cusco Coilovers

bundi
06-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Was checkin prices on coilovers and they seem pretty expensive (although worth it I'm sure) a guy said that he can get me some used cusco ones from japan for 600 bucks. I'm a little weary on buyin used suspension, especially when I don't know how it was used, for how long, and etc etc. For 600 bucks it'd be nice to save some money if they're worth it, but I don't think I'll feel good about it unless I'm gauranteed that they're gonna be okay.

I spose I've pretty much answered my own question, so I'll get another... is there a coilover setup I can find that will be around $1000? and if so... is it worth buying such "cheap" parts... maybe I should just stick with a shock/spring setup...

GTS Jeff
06-23-2005, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't do it. Shocks are a wear&tear item, just like brake pads and oil filters.

You wouldn't buy a used oil filter would you? ;)

2002civic
06-23-2005, 11:46 PM
ya i wouldnt risk buying used suspension parts, even if used for 100 kms they could have been used and abused, you never know

bundi
06-24-2005, 05:13 PM
yeah I'm pretty sure I don't wanna buy a used set... just thought I'd ask in case they were cheap to rebuild or something.