PDA

View Full Version : Glass packs

david_bmx
06-23-2005, 08:29 PM
are glass packs legal to have on your car? or will the cops give you a hard time? do they count as a muffler?

schurchill39
06-23-2005, 09:07 PM
:confused: Whats a glass pack

ercchry
06-23-2005, 11:00 PM
i think bikes have glass packed mufflers... so why not cars?

ecstasy_civic
06-23-2005, 11:02 PM
whered my post go? lol:dunno: :devil:

EK 2.0
06-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
:confused: Whats a glass pack

also known as a "cherry bomb". "blue bottle", those types of mufflers and/or resonators.

They are Legal, but are not at the same time...the rules in the HTA at least as I read them are as follows...

You can run any type of piping, diameter, resonators, cats, no cats just as long as the outlet is not widened. But I might be wrong and please someone correct me if I am. Although the Police can pull you over for being too loud (as subjective as that is).

david_bmx
06-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Ok, you can get them for 32$ at canadian tire, maybe i should buy one. :bigpimp:

phat97yukon
06-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Ive noticed in your info david_bmx that yer in sask, from what ive heard they dont like em there too much, from when we were out in regina a couple summers ago because the always had check stops there and they would check all the done up cars there for em and other stupid BS.. Ive ran my share of bottles back in the day and i have a couple of buddy that are runnin them on their 4x4's here in calgary, and never have gotten in crap for em, i only got in shit once with them, becuase i was runnin headers to bottles to dumps on my old chevy, just cuz the cop thought i was runnin open exaust... but if your runnin just manifolds to with a stock set up exaust on a V8 just with a bottle in place of the normal stock muffler you will get a really nice sound :thumbsup: