PDA

View Full Version : 90 Integra Hesitates

dave88
06-23-2005, 09:32 PM
I have a 90 integra with 107,000 miles on it. My problem is when I start to accelerate the engine hesitates until around 2300-2500 RPM and when I shift into 2nd it does it sometimes. It also has a very rough idle. Sometimes it hangs around 700-800 RPM and sometimes it goes down to 500. I'm thinking I need plugs. What do you guys think? Thanks

xDiMSuMx
06-23-2005, 09:57 PM
mine did that, i changed the fuel filter and the problem went away for a few months
started to do it a few times last month
i think the clogged fuel filter messed up my fuel pump

xDiMSuMx
06-23-2005, 09:58 PM
oh also another time it did that on me was after washing my engine

trikypenguin
06-23-2005, 10:04 PM
em my 240 was sorta doing that and now i have a blown head gasket :banghead: , but now i'm getting an sr20!

oh ya so i guess u might wanna check that out :nut:

benyl
06-23-2005, 10:07 PM
fuel pressure regulator?

frozenrice
06-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Mine did that to me last year. Pull the spark plug wires and check to see if they have wet engine oil on them. if they do, that means the grommet/gaskets on the underside of the valve cover are gone. When the oil gets on the spark plug it interferes with the spark itself thus lessening the effect of proper combustion. You might be noticing too that there is a black sludge being expelled from your exhaust too. This is the remnants of the oil/gas mixture being spit out like chewing tabacco.

They're about $6.00/each from Acura plus the valve cover gasket itself which you might as well change since you've got it off anyways. Takes about 1/2 hour to change out. No problems since I've fixed mine.

I didn't notice you were from the US. The valve cover gasket and grommets will probaby be a lot cheaper and available in kits as well. Also, you might not have oil on ALL the plug wires- from my own experience and from those of others that I've heard of, typically the problem is the #4 cylinder (closest to the passenger side) and to a lesser degree the #3

dave88
06-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Ok will check for oil around the plug wires today.. Thanks

tapout
06-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by dave88
Ok will check for oil around the plug wires today.. Thanks also pull off each spark plug wire 1 at a time while you start it that will also tell ya if ya got a bad wire or plug

dave88
06-24-2005, 06:15 PM
I checked the spark plug boots and I reinstalled them. No problem now. I'm thinking that one of the boots had a loose connection..Just to be on the safe side i'm going to change plug wires. Drove the car all day today and no hessitation. Thanks guys

IntegraG2
06-24-2005, 06:28 PM
mine did that recently and it was the timing belt. It was off by a tooth. try checking your timing.....

FiveFreshFish
06-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by dave88
I checked the spark plug boots and I reinstalled them. No problem now. I'm thinking that one of the boots had a loose connection..Just to be on the safe side i'm going to change plug wires. Drove the car all day today and no hessitation. Thanks guys

It's a good idea to change out the plug wires, which could very well be the originals that are 15 years old.