PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jays Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

lastprodigy
06-24-2005, 02:51 AM
anyone a baseball fan? jays fan?

of course they are a long ways away from a penant and even though the orioles have spiced things up this year im sure tonoronto will finsih 4th as usual, they have some good players, inconsistent, young, but good...or will be at least....., they need to solidify a few positions before contending and really sort out theyre starters, theyre lucky to get one win past halladay in the rotation.....

speaking of halladay, love the guy but kind of a waste of money for the jays since theyre not really building around him anymore, hes basically the only uy there is.....i hope he gets to start the all star game...has a good chance i think, most CG's ties for wins, 1st or second in ERA....hope he gets it!

Discuss :)

Kirbs17
06-24-2005, 06:58 AM
I actually really like the team this year, as opposed to some of the lame teams they've fielded in the past 2-3 seasons. I just wish they hadnt gotten rid of Delgado... he was kind of their franchise player.. If halloday has a good year, and hillenbrand/hinske/welss keep swingin their bats, I think they should finish 3rd

2002civic
06-24-2005, 06:59 AM
well after seeing them take 3 of 4 from baltimore and only 5.5 back its not like they are way back, if they get streaky and beat some crappy teams they can move up fast, theyr elike the old flames, beat the good teams but lose to the bad :thumbsdow

lastprodigy
06-24-2005, 12:43 PM
yeah they are way to streaky....as for delgado, he wasnt putting up the nnumbers he should have been to deserve the 18 million he was getting paid and at the first base position he wasnt much of a defender either.....pitching should come first.....baltimore series has been good for them no doubt.....but not likely to see lilly or walker string together more then one good staert

habsfan
06-25-2005, 10:07 AM
woah, a bluejays thread, i didnt think there were any jays fans on here :clap: been watching the jays all season, doing good so far. hoping for the playoffs, but i cant help but doubt it :(

three.eighteen.
06-25-2005, 10:13 AM
go jays go, i remember living there as a little kid when they won the champs, its a better team than i anticipated, i think that chacin guy has promise on the mound, give em a year or 2 to solidify everything and they could be contenders assuming no other crazy powers develop in the division

2002civic
06-25-2005, 12:16 PM
dont they have a huge budget for the next 3 seasons? if so hopefully they make th eplayoffs by next yr or the year after at least

hyperwhite
06-25-2005, 03:57 PM
^ they have a reasonable budget, but no where near the yankees or sox. they're on the hook for about 55 million right now but riccardi said he will try and make some deals around the allstar break. they wanna spend about 65 this year, 70 next and 75 the year after that

lastprodigy
06-26-2005, 11:56 AM
its time to unload hinske he fricken blows and i sure as hell hope they get some starting pitching....i mean Halladay, chacin is good at times, same with towers.....but they get 2 solid starts out of those three every rotation, and the rest lilly licks balls and i dont even know who is number 5, weve seen bush, gaudin, even walker this season, and theyre not goig anywhere with those guys

hyperwhite
06-26-2005, 02:15 PM
i'd give walker a chance at #5, he's earned it. he had a good 6 innings in his first start and he's been stellar outta the pen

lastprodigy
06-29-2005, 02:24 AM
from what ive read seems like dave bush might take over in walkers spot, thats no solution though....as for payroll they ricciardi said they have $210M for 05-07 and only 50M is used this year so that gives them quite a bit to play with, of course, halladay, wells, rios, hill, adams, are untouchable as well as hudson i hope, but other than that anyone can go.....id like to see hill get a lot of playing time but i dont think that will happen once koskie is back.....i really hope they unload hinske as hullenbrand or hill can easily play 1B/3B/DH and once koskie is back there is no real need for hinskie....fielding wise they are fine.....but they definately need a starter or 3....a solid number 2 guy and chacin then at 3, lilly prolly isnt worth much now so they will probably be stuck with him.....as you can see i love talking baseball so please continue to add to this thread:)

ps. halladay had a sweet 9 inning performance again tonight only 1 ER which was a miscue and could have easily not been a run....hes first in ERA, 2nd in wins, and 3rd in SO's, should be tied for wwins by the break but if not hopefully he still gets a shot in the all star game (which he will), i just hope he starts!

brettg
06-30-2005, 12:53 AM
seriously its about time for a baseball thread on here, good job!!

and ya halladay is pitching great but i dont no if hill start, wuts his name from the white sox is having an amazing year.
Wut the jays need is to be able to build as a team, going out and getting one player every off season doesnt help when you get rid of one to go with it, they need to get a solid group together ans stick with it for more than a year. i think the group they have now could deffinately get the job done if they get a couple years to mature, guys like hill and rios will be great in a couple of years, and if you can keep wells and koskie around they will have a good team.

as far as pitching they need a ligit number 2 or 3, chachine has been kind of hit and miss, started off soooooo well but hasnt done a whole lot in the last little while. if they could get a third starter to really chew some innings they would be set.
oh ya and orlando hudson is a pimp. if he doesnt win a gold glove this year something is seriously wrong.

lastprodigy
06-30-2005, 01:49 AM
^^^ halladay has one less win than garland and his era is one whole RUN less than his, more SO's too, and with halladays way crappier supporting cast he definately deserves it way more...i think the entire run on the era make sa hell of a lot difference than one win....i mean look at rocket roger

K271
06-30-2005, 07:14 AM
Man, who saw Ernie Witt strangle that crazy Florida fan yesturday when he jumped on the field! Reply's on tv made it look funny even though it's a serious offense. Witt had both hands around the guys neck! Sucker, serves him right for jumping onto the field. It's getting serious now, people coming out to attack players. I wish they would just stay of the field enjoy the game and let the players do what they're suppose to without thinking they'll be attacked

lastprodigy
06-30-2005, 11:39 AM
^^^ haahh yeah they interviewed towers about that, he had a good laugh, he siad there supposed to not do anything unless theyre comming at them, which he did....so rightfully so...still pretty funny though

brettg
06-30-2005, 11:49 AM
ya that was pretty good.

the best part of that game was vernon wells actually hit the shit out of the ball, something he hasnt done all year. i think if he can get on track that alone should get them a few more wins. if ur 3 hitter isnt producing ur in trouble.

lastprodigy
06-30-2005, 05:33 PM
definately, wells has been producing nowhere near his potential and he has 15 homers and sitll a few games left to the all star break....i think, the type of player he is, he should/could be a 30HR .300 avg, 30 steals guy.......alex rios is a couple years off still but i think he can follow in that same path

ps, nice car i have the same one ;)

brettg
06-30-2005, 10:13 PM
oh ya wells should have at least that probably more than 30 HR and around 300 average foresure. as far as stealing the jays to do that more often, ino they saud there were gona run more but still not enough, with all thoes young legs out there they should be hit and running a lot more than they do.

Ps. ya i like it, lol. just need to find a way to get some more Hp out of her!!!

lastprodigy
07-01-2005, 01:33 PM
at fenway for 3 starting tonight, this is a very key series!

brettg
07-01-2005, 06:38 PM
the blue jays always play the redsox tough, its teams like tampa bay they need to wory about, they always give the craptastic yankees and redsox a good go of it its the rest of the teams in the league they need to concentrate on a little more.

brettg
07-01-2005, 08:53 PM
15-2
an old time ass kicking!!

string a few of thoes together and they could be making a push for first place. with the yankees sucking its not unrealistic for the blue jays to be in second pushing first!!!

lastprodigy
07-02-2005, 11:14 AM
seet game it was last nite, i was hoping the jays would take atleast one from the sox, but im hoping for two now (realistically) of course 3 would be nice though.....hey by the end of this series they could find themselves more then in the thick of things!

brettg
07-02-2005, 08:50 PM
if they swept this series they would be only 3 back of first, probably sitting in second unless baltimore goes on a tare in the next couple games.

seriously if the jays can just play consistent baseball they will end up in second place pusing for a playoff spot this year. and maby use some of that payroll thay have sitting around to pick up someone after the allstar brake or around the trade deadline.

brettg
07-03-2005, 11:53 AM
well it wont be a sweep, but last nights game is exactly wuts wrong with the jays, loosing a 4-0 lead. thats tough. they need some stoppers in that bullpen. that or they need their starters to go longer. chachine should have stayed in longer last night, he is better than wut thery were brining in from the pen.

hockeybronx
07-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Just finished watching the game today. 5-2 over the Red Sox. The Jays look like a solid team as aside from the Yankees they are the only team I really follow.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Orioles wont keep up to their current pace and the top three in the AL East will be the Yankees, Red Sox, and Blue Jays... not for sure in that order though.

lastprodigy
07-03-2005, 03:11 PM
yes cant complain with 2/3 from the red sox at fenway...halladay with another stellar performance!, i really hope he gets teh start at the all star game

brettg
07-04-2005, 06:48 PM
ya 2 of 3 is a wicked series for them. there finally starting to play as a team i think. this series will give them a lot of confidence. or at least i hope so.

CKY
07-05-2005, 01:43 AM
that series was amazing to watch, love the D by Wells and Zaun

hyperwhite
07-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Zaun should be up for a gold glove this year too. it seems like he's made a play like that in every series!

hyperwhite
07-05-2005, 01:27 PM
BTW i'd trade russ adams way before i even think about trading hudson. he's treading water at the plate and is a defensive liability, i dont see why he's such a highly touted prospect

lastprodigy
07-06-2005, 01:29 AM
^^^ adams is much better than hinske and they wont need hinske once koskies back.....hinske is the biggest defensive liability.....if you wach him youll see, always jumping around and flailing but hell never dive and actually come up with the ball.....ur rite though hudson is better than adams

brettg
07-06-2005, 11:38 AM
hinske has gone totally down hill since his rookie season, he put on 2 much weight and became to slow. as far as koskie taking his place they moved hinske over to first to make room for koskie, so if they have someone who can play first better thn him, which they do than ya trade his ass. i dont even know if hes played first this year, hillanbrand has been filling in sometimes over there hasnt he. either way hudson is the one they keep talking about trading which is so gay, he is their best infielder by far. gold glover for sure. they need to keep him around.

hockeybronx
07-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by brettg
either way hudson is the one they keep talking about trading which is so gay

Unfortunately that is the way the Blue Jays seem to operate though. These young players go through their crappy years with the Jays, and after they finally have 1 or 2 solid seasons the Jays have to trade them away.:nut:

habsfan
07-07-2005, 05:30 PM
i'll be so pissed off if they trade hudson...hinske is expendable, but i'd rather see russ adams go as well. i get a little worried almost every time he touches the ball.

lastprodigy
07-07-2005, 05:40 PM
adams needs to stay cuz there is no one else at SS otherwise...im wondering what they aquired hillenbrand for (strictly DH?) since he is a natural third but can play 1st.....im wondeing what that was for.....they have 3 guys that can play 1st/3rd and the worst is easily hinkse......they also have Hill who is doing killer and would definately keep him over hinske, hill is also an untouchable though

crazyning
07-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Blue jays were rated 10th on foxsports power rankings yesterday.
Can't seem to find the link today though.

Here's how I remember it:

Blue Jays have the 7th most difficult schedule, but have the same run support as the Red Sox. They'll start midseason with 10 games with last place teams.

habsfan
07-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
adams needs to stay cuz there is no one else at SS otherwise

they have john mcdonald, who i feel has outplayed adams this season.

lastprodigy
07-08-2005, 10:14 AM
macdonald is a horrible hitter against RHP's....with that argument Aaron Hill is a also a natural shortstop so he could also play there once koskie is back....blue jays really need to gain some games now, they are playing in texas then seattle at home and also t-bay at home again..........im still trying to figure out if hillenbrand was acquired solely as a DH?

brettg
07-08-2005, 06:43 PM
hillenbrand was acquired for his stick, he can play first and third but lets face it they got him to hit the ball, its wuts hes always been good at, and it was made even more obvious he would be mostly a DH or first base when they singed him after koskie, once he gets healthy third is his straight up, hillenbrand is just helping out where he can, but id say hes a DH or first base.

lastprodigy
07-08-2005, 10:09 PM
bah classic blue jays tonite.....6 runs in the second only to lose 7-6.....wouldnt have happened if halladay was on the mound.....i hope hes ok :cry:

lastprodigy
07-09-2005, 05:37 PM
well halladay is out 4-6 weeks with a fracture in his leg.....by the time he comes back well know if the jays have any chance....Francona said he was gonna start the all-star game too!....ScotT Downs pitching tonight....:thumbsdow

brettg
07-10-2005, 01:42 PM
thats just how it goes for the jays, just when vernon wells starts to pick things up and swing a great bat and they start to put up some offensive numbers they loose their ace.

and ya scott downs not looking great, this is where chachine and lily have to really step it up. they need to stay in contencion for the next 4 weeks with him out or there done foresure.

5hift
07-10-2005, 02:09 PM
When I heard about Halladay I thought I was gonna cry, so far this year he has been carrying my Fantasy Team.

Hopefully he's back soon I need him even more for my playoff run.:(

lastprodigy
07-10-2005, 11:25 PM
jacked in texas, pitching just wasnt there, youd think 24 runs in 3 games would get you at least 2 wins...and they got jacked by the umps on saturday nite where they called that 2run HR fair by matthes that as really foul.....ended up being the difference!

brettg
07-11-2005, 06:02 PM
ya that was brutal. not as brutal ass blowing a a one run lead in the ninth off of 2 errors. just brutal, that was a win in the books and they screwed that up big time.

hockeybronx
07-12-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by 5hift
When I heard about Halladay I thought I was gonna cry, so far this year he has been carrying my Fantasy Team.

Hopefully he's back soon I need him even more for my playoff run.:(

Does anybody know if Halladay is actually going to be out for the 4-6 weeks or are they going to try and bring him back quicker?

It's so weird to think about the Jays actually having a realistic playoff chance:thumbsup:

lastprodigy
07-12-2005, 02:48 AM
4 weeks is a minimum...i hope they go out and try to get another starting pitcher though, with or without halladay they need another starter in front of lilly/chacin/towers.....head barry zito is on the market, that would be a good pickup......unfortunately they traded away a good pitching prospect in Sean Douglass who has been starting for the tigers this year....he was probably better than gaudin but whatever....they need an arm or 2 and a bat....bullpen is good enough usually....closer is good usually and once koskie/halladay/hudson are back things should get better

hyperwhite
07-13-2005, 12:59 PM
ya, they need a pitcher who can fill in as the ace then move to #2 when halladay gets back. and who did they trade douglas for? i didnt even know the traded him untill i saw him pitching for the tigers last week wtf. they let simon pond go to the red sox organization too. the jays need to stop giving away their top prospects. look at the allstar game. chris carpenter, felipe lopez, micheal young, and cezar isturis. even if they just kept carpenter they'd be in world series contention

brettg
07-13-2005, 04:19 PM
i dont see them going and getting another ace type pitch with halladay out now, if he was still there and they were going to stay in contention than ya maybe they would go out spend some money and get someone to help them get over the hump. with things now as they are i dont see them going out and getting anything, lets face it the real issue is getting halladay healthy and ready for next year, after listening to J.P. and and godfrey and thoes guys talk they make it seem like this year doesnt even matter there allready looking to next year. kinf of like oh well its nice that there playing well but next year is when well make all our moves and spen our money. kind of frustrating.

habsfan
07-13-2005, 04:36 PM
bit of news here, paul godfrey is apparently going to try and bring the 2008 all star game to Toronto, if that happens, im so there :thumbsup:

brettg
07-14-2005, 10:51 PM
that would be sweet, im sure a lot of people would travel to toronto to see that. bringing something like that to canada would be just wicked.

lastprodigy
07-16-2005, 01:35 AM
not gona happen at the POS skydome, errr rogers centre

habsfan
07-16-2005, 10:55 AM
not gona happen at the POS skydome, errr rogers centre

it's not as shitty as it used to be. rogers put alot of money into this past offseason, all new lights, new jumbotron(now a massive hdtv), video sceen things about halfway around the facing of the second deck, the new fieldturf, and the cool score boards on the outfield walls. i went to a game a few months ago, almost feels like a whole new place

and never call it the rogers center. it is, and forever will be, the skydome.

lastprodigy
07-16-2005, 11:01 AM
well at least ehy beat tbay las tnite :rolleyes:

brettg
07-16-2005, 11:59 AM
ya no shit, thats wut i was saying before though, they always play so well against the red sox and yankees, but when it comes to T-bay they seem to struggle, when they shoud be making up ground. they really these next 2 against tampa bay after that 4 game loosing streak.

lastprodigy
07-16-2005, 12:12 PM
they need to be 5 games over 500 at least after the next 15 games......tbay, seattle, then KC .....

habsfan
07-17-2005, 02:06 PM
they need to be 5 games over 500 at least after the next 15 games......tbay, seattle, then KC .....

well, 1 series down, and they lost 3 of 4 to the fucking devil rays. they got the shaft from hirshbeck TWICE in this series, costin them a couple loses. :banghead: :banghead:

lastprodigy
07-17-2005, 05:36 PM
yeah they really got the shaft, the hitting was there the pitching wasnt, the pitching was there the hitting wasnt, classic story, i hope they try to do something by the deadline but i dont see it and they will probably end up writing the season off again, oh well ill prolly still end up watching every game

brettg
07-17-2005, 07:45 PM
i hate to say it but after watching this series id have to say that all hopes of a playoff are done, if they cant do better than 1 of 4 from the devil rays then why bother spending money at the deadline, one player at this point is a waste of money, i could see if they were fighting for a final playoff spot or something and they needed that extra push but all it will do now is increase their payroll and leave them with less next year when they will need it.

lets face it when doc went out all hopes went out the door.

lastprodigy
07-18-2005, 01:27 AM
yeah write off time, its a such a piss off to watch

habsfan
07-18-2005, 02:48 PM
^ bandwagoners :D

lastprodigy
07-18-2005, 04:07 PM
hey i still do and will watch everygame :banghead: :nut:

lastprodigy
07-21-2005, 06:46 PM
sweet series sweep....one good pitching outing by chacin and the bats carried them the rest of the way which rarely happens for the blue jays....now time to take another 3 from KC!

hockeybronx
07-21-2005, 07:36 PM
sweet series sweep....one good pitching outing by chacin and the bats carried them the rest of the way which rarely happens for the blue jays....now time to take another 3 from KC!

No doubt, it was an impressive series and everybody continues to come together really nicely.

I am continuously amazed by Orlando Hudsons defensive play. Yeah there is a lot of natural talent there, but he definitely works hard and hasn't let the attention from media swell his head...yet.

brettg
07-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
^ bandwagoners :D

seriously i have followed the jays for years and watch almost every game i can. i am not a bandwagoner i am a realist. i absolutly guarantee they do not go out and spend money on a player worth getting around the trade deadline or anything like that, without halladay in there there caances go down, and left face it when halladay was in there they were still 5 game back or first with all of the red sox, yankees and O's ahead of them.
they just dont have enough to get it done this year.

lastprodigy
07-23-2005, 03:08 PM
the jays really need to show some more commitment to wining by acquiring a tleast another starting pitcher and maybe a legitimate power hitter to hit behind wells( who by the way is doing awesome).....i really hope they take the next 2 from KC....pete walker is not a major league starter IMO and gibbons just said yesterday that hell be starting for the rest of the year :thumbsdow ....bush goes today well see how he does..

brettg
07-23-2005, 08:54 PM
true story, the absolutly need to get another legitamite starter, no more of these guys who will go like 7 and 14 on the year, they need a guy who will eat some innings and win them like 15 games.

lastprodigy
07-24-2005, 03:21 AM
true story, the absolutly need to get another legitamite starter, no more of these guys who will go like 7 and 14 on the year, they need a guy who will eat some innings and win them like 15 games.

matt clement would have been such a good pickup, but as usual, they werent willing to for over enough cash.....barry zito of oakland was on the market also but i doubt it anymore since oaklands making a run, he would make a solid number 2 as well.....the onyl other pitcher supposedly available it AJ burnett of the marlins...not a bad pickup that would be

habsfan
07-24-2005, 03:51 PM
the onyl other pitcher supposedly available it AJ burnett of the marlins...not a bad pickup that would be

the price is very high for burnett, i believe the marlins wanted chacin and someone else plus a draft pick for burnett

the jays are a hurtin unit right now, losing 2 of 3 to the royals? 3 of 4 to the devil rays? :banghead: :banghead:

go playoffs? :bullshit:

lastprodigy
07-24-2005, 04:17 PM
lol ^^ i know, ted lilly is absolutely brutal.....he so frigin ugly too lol.....chacin is good. towers is ok at times.....bush will be ok....and all three of those guys i put ahead of lilly anyday...pete walker blows tooo........on a side note i hope we see lots of aaron hilla t short once koskie comes back ..... and hillenbrand at DH, and less of russ adams!!!!

-vernon wells left the game today with a shin injury....now that koskie is ocming back, does it ever end????:thumbsdow

brettg
07-24-2005, 11:59 PM
u no i dont mind lily that much hes just so damn inconsistant, one day hell throw like 7 innings of shutout ball then the next start hell only last 3, i think its cause he lives and dies buy his curvball, if its not working he gets beat up. and wow when its working it is nasty.

for the love of god get russ adams out of there, trade his ass, it just bothers me when all i hear is how there gona trade hudson and keep these guys who blow. doesnt make any sence.

lastprodigy
07-25-2005, 12:48 AM
lilly is NOT a number 2 starter......he is much worse then inconsistent.....he is just bad....even when he is ballin he still isnt a dominating pitcher that will win you the game, he is just a guy to keep you in there till the 7th, even with his good stuff....he is maybe a number 4 starter....chacin has pitched much better than him this season and I believe will continue to do so.......they need adams on the bench at least now that they traded macdonald but I really hope hill sees a lot of playing time hopefully at short cuz koskie will man 3rd and hillenbrand will no doubt be DH so hill will only really see time if hes at short, and theyve said hes for sure not going back down to AAA

brettg
07-25-2005, 09:47 PM
if they sent hill back to triple A they would be absolutly retarded, and buy them saying thell keep him up for the rest of the year would only make sence that he will see time at short, which i also agree would be a good thing.

and ya chacin has pitched way better than lilly, i just dont think hes as bad as hes shown this year, he has thrown some good games which shows he still has a little left in the tank, but ya like u said as like a number 3 or 4, not a 2, deffinately not a 2!!

lastprodigy
07-26-2005, 09:45 AM
a read on the score today "lilly (shoulder) could miss next start" might be good to see some more prospects get a chance cuz theyre probably better then "Theodore Roosevelt Lilly" (hahah that IS is full name) ....... Vernon Wells should be in the lineup tonite despite his shin problem on sunday

brettg
07-26-2005, 10:01 PM
vernon wells is the most important part of this team at this point, without him they have nothing, no homerun threat on a regualr basis, and no gold glove in center.

lastprodigy
07-27-2005, 01:23 AM
^^^ totally agree there....nice 8-0 win over the angels, as per usual, do go against th good and bad against the bad, oh well they are playign the angels/rangers/yankees/white sox now s i hope they can keep it up!....sad to see only guy not too productive tonight was vernon wells!

brettg
07-27-2005, 10:48 AM
wells hit a jack last night didnt he? at least thats wut it said on the score when i was watching the highlights. either way chachin pitched awsome, they need more of that from him, he was just dominating last night.

hyperwhite
07-27-2005, 01:40 PM
wells did hit a dinger. i thought he had one in the first too because you cant see the ball when it goes infront of those score boards. those have fooled me a couple times this year

lastprodigy
07-27-2005, 02:50 PM
^yeah he did :d saw it on the highlights, only watched til the 6th when he was 0-3 thats why i thought he didnt.....chacin has pitched excellent this year and has given them more then they could have asked for as a rookie...the rest are underachievers!

brettg
07-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Koskie was back to ha, even got a hit, thats good news for the jays.

wut really shocked me was adams had like 3 hits and has been hitting very well for his past couple games, if he just worked on his d and could swing the bat like this more consistantly he would be a real asset. u just never know wut ur gona get from him when he gets the ball at short, could be a money throw or end up in the fifth row.

lastprodigy
07-28-2005, 02:41 AM
yeaqh, going for the sweep against anaheim tomorrow....theyd be in 1st place if they had won all the games they should have against the crappy teams!....adams is too unreliable....he made 2 errors today and another which was scored a basehit tat got through him...at least he scored the wining run.....they blue are batting awesome...they havent gotten good pitching lately but have the past couple nites and tha thas been the difference...well see how bush i think it is does tomorrow

brettg
07-28-2005, 12:26 PM
hes been doing better he was good last time out so well see i guess.

and ya thats wut i was saying about adams even when he hits well he makes like 2 errors, u just cant have that from ur shortstop, hes gota make plays.

lastprodigy
07-28-2005, 04:52 PM
hill will be at short once adams starts slumping again or they face a lefty, the only reason hill hasnt played in a couple days is cuz hes like 0-his last 25 ....whatever, rook with olike 330 avg, you sure cantat complain!

habsfan
07-28-2005, 07:12 PM
god their inability to beat shitty teams is so frustrating! how do you beat the angels, and choke against the fucking royals and rays? arg :banghead: :guns: :bullshit: :barf: :whipped:

alright im over it, i love them too much to hold a grudge haha

lastprodigy
07-28-2005, 10:12 PM
lol yeah i know i love em too....sweet game tonight 18 ining win to sweep the angels...im such a loser i watched the whole damn thing.......only thing bad about that game is the batting averages going down aaron hill lost like 25-30 pts of his avg lol:rofl: ...now only 4 games back and solely in 3rd place....

hockeybronx
07-29-2005, 06:02 PM
lol yeah i know i love em too....sweet game tonight 18 ining win to sweep the angels...im such a loser i watched the whole damn thing.......only thing bad about that game is the batting averages going down aaron hill lost like 25-30 pts of his avg lol:rofl: ...now only 4 games back and solely in 3rd place....

Yeah that was a weird game last night for sure, it seemed like all the fans were gone by the 14th inning and it was two teams playing in an empty station.

The announcers had no idea what to say after a while. Pat Tabler was trying to rattle of trivia but it was so low intensity. That's a tough job when you go twice as long as you were expecting.

brettg
07-29-2005, 06:29 PM
really for an 18 inning game it didnt even last that long, so many 3 up 3 down innings, if you like to watch pitching last night was great, for most people it was boring as hell, both teams combined had like 17 hits or something like that, just brutal.

lastprodigy
07-30-2005, 12:18 PM
blue jays need pitching bad...scott downs yesterday and today dustin mcgowan making firs tmajor league start...well see how it goess

hockeybronx
07-30-2005, 05:47 PM
really for an 18 inning game it didnt even last that long, so many 3 up 3 down innings, if you like to watch pitching last night was great, for most people it was boring as hell, both teams combined had like 17 hits or something like that, just brutal.

Yeah, and the announcers made that well documented as well... by the 13th inning the two teams had combined for a perfect game.

habsfan
07-30-2005, 06:54 PM
wow texas owns the jays this season...2 more losses in this 3 game set, chacin pitching in the series closer tomorrow.

lastprodigy
07-31-2005, 02:44 AM
yeah, got jacked by umpires AGAIN vs. Texas, Mench was out at the plate easily on that ball that hit matthews in the head......and i dont know why the hell they took mcgowan out so early

habsfan
08-04-2005, 09:50 AM
figures...the jays are on a bit of a roll, and boston has won like 7 straight. on another note, hyperwhite and i are going to toronto on sunday to catch the jays vs the yankees :thumbsup:

lastprodigy
08-04-2005, 05:33 PM
niice...too bad halladay wont make the start on sunday.....it seems lioke boston wins everytime the jays win though.....haha i didnt post the whole white sox series cuz i didnt wanna jynx the sweep.....but 2/3 against the best aint bad at all....they were close today too.....2 or 3 wins against the yankees isnt too much to ask for either so well see........chacin will be pitching tomorrow (AL rookie of the month)....one mroe win and he will be tied with halladay!

brettg
08-21-2005, 10:16 AM
shoot ive been gone for 3 weeks and i didnt get to catch even a score of any of the jays games while i was gone, anyone know how many back they are now of first.

dANK
08-21-2005, 10:17 AM
lost another heartbreaker last night.. it makes me so angry when they lose by 1 in extras.. why cant they just lose by seven thousand then i wont feel empty inside.. time for icecream YES.. at 10:17
depressed?.. just a lil bit

lol

habsfan
08-21-2005, 10:18 AM
7.5 games back in the east, 5.0 games back in the wild card

brettg
08-21-2005, 10:21 AM
well they havn't fallin back as much as i thought they would have, either way that is just the way of the blue jays, there not great at winning thoes tight one run games, they either score 15 runs and go nuts on the bats or loose 2-0. lack of experience i think, but at least there getting better, i just cant wait for next year. ( i think i said that last season)

dANK
08-21-2005, 10:27 AM
i think weve all said i cant wait for next year every year

sucks to be cdn baseball fans :(

habsfan
08-21-2005, 10:31 AM
the year isnt over yet, but the more games they drop against clubs under .500 they worse their chances get. 2 in a row dropped vs the tigers. not good for our chances, but i still have faith.

brettg
08-21-2005, 10:43 AM
well i no ive said that before too but ya how is it they play the yankees and red sox so tough and loose to the damn tigers and devil rays, thats why they miss the playoffs every year. i mean ya i still have faith, crayzier things have happened, there only 5 games out of the wild card, but they just really hurt their chances when they cant beat the under 500 teams.