PDA

View Full Version : Weird habits?

schurchill39
06-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Just wondering if anyone had some weird or unsual habits/quirks they wanna share?

Here's mine: When I have a bath I always have my feet (ankles) right under the stream so its quieter. Another one is that i always brush my teeth with warm water because my teeth are sensitive. At school when i undo my lock i open my locker with the "U" part of the lock if not i will seriously close the lock and start again.

Dont be shy and share yours!

Seanith
06-24-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm a chronic noseblower.. i almost can't eat if I don't clean house before hand! :nut:

Shaolin
06-24-2005, 06:14 PM
when I shower i start hot.. then i turn it to hotter.. and hotter, and hotter until I'm done..

theken
06-24-2005, 07:04 PM
i take cold showers ^ ha ha i hate hot water

bundi
06-24-2005, 07:10 PM
when I shower i start hot.. then i turn it to hotter.. and hotter, and hotter until I'm done..

^^ same here.... I think I just like the feeling of the warmness, once I get used to it... gotta crank it up a lil more :P

If I'm cold I'll go grab a blanket and sit on a Vent... nice and toasty :D

Other habits.. chewing nails.. hangnails around em... can't stand having dry skin around my fingers (been trying to quit this for a while)

trikypenguin
06-24-2005, 07:15 PM
lol the vent is the best in teh winter :D

SiG Baby
06-24-2005, 07:54 PM
When brushing my teeth in the morning i floss, brush with a normal brush, brush with an electric brush, then rinse with scope. I need to do this every morning or i can't go on.

Chester
06-24-2005, 08:02 PM
I used to have a weird habit; Whenever I used to drink from a cup I would never drink from the same spot twice, I would always turn the cup.

Benny
06-25-2005, 02:20 AM
I chew toothpicks, and I mean one hell of a lot of toothpicks per day. I chewed them all through my exams. I almost couldn't go to classes without a handful of toothpicks in my pocket. The minty ones are the best.

nismodrifter
06-25-2005, 02:30 AM
nothin wrong with the vent in the winter...doesn't everyone do that?? :D Toss the blanket on there, throw a pillow down and go to sleep, thats the most relaxing shit to do on a -40 day.

Benny
06-25-2005, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
nothin wrong with the vent in the winter...doesn't everyone do that?? :D Toss the blanket on there, throw a pillow down and go to sleep, thats the most relaxing shit to do on a -40 day.

+ a good cup of hot chocolate for the win!

Fluidic
06-25-2005, 05:16 AM
Ok... here's mine.

I can't take a shit with a shirt on. I always think the back of the shirt is gonna play catch with the logs I be droppin.

So yes. Even if I have a suit and tie on, off comes the jacket, tie and shirt. Afterall, that's why the hanger is on the back of each and every public bathroom stall.

I've been doing this for as long as I remember. No shirt! Much more comfortable! It's free peace of mind. Can you imagine trying to explain why there's skid marks on you're white shirt when you return to the office??! :) :)

Seanith
06-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic
Ok... here's mine.

I can't take a shit with a shirt on. I always think the back of the shirt is gonna play catch with the logs I be droppin.

So yes. Even if I have a suit and tie on, off comes the jacket, tie and shirt. Afterall, that's why the hanger is on the back of each and every public bathroom stall.

I've been doing this for as long as I remember. No shirt! Much more comfortable! It's free peace of mind. Can you imagine trying to explain why there's skid marks on you're white shirt when you return to the office??! :) :)

LoL the George Castanza! :rofl:

Barking_Spidre
06-25-2005, 01:14 PM
I have one really odd one. At random times, I stop breathing, and hold my breath for 20+ seconds. I don't even notice until I start breathing again. My girlfriend always notices and makes me stop, and apparently I do it in my sleep as well.

I always sleep facing the wall, and I have troubles sleeping if I'm not.

lam-boy
06-25-2005, 01:27 PM
whenever I drink out of a cup/glass my pinky all of a sudden just lifts up, I don't know why but it just does it.

I'm like you Henry, I always shower hot, hotter, hotter and then i'll hit hottest. I ALWAYS have my back against the shower head, I never face towards it. I always take a piss before I step into the shower.

I always fall asleep on my right hand side. (laying on my right side, laying on my right arm, ect) and before bed, I just sit on my bed and play guitar for a 10-15 mins or so before I goto bed no matter how tired i am.

oh ya forgot to add, I ALWAYS sleep 7-8 hrs, no matter how late I goto bed.

el_fefes
06-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I shower with flip flops...can't sleep if the closet is open...and sleep with socks no matter how hot it is. Also I always have breakfast, no matter what time I wake up at...even if it's 4pm. :)

schurchill39
06-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Glad to see people are actually contributing.

I dont like to take a shit with a shirt on just because... I dont. Its not that i think i'll get skids its jsut more comfortable without. After I have a shower i kinda just stand there in the shower for like 3-5 mins or for the last little bit of the shower after i've washed my hair etc. i'll sit in the corner and just relax and let the water flow over me. I always always shower until the water runs cold to. Sure it pisses people off but its really relaxing

BerserkerCatSplat
06-25-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm with you guys who keep making the showers hotter. It's just so nice and relaxing.

buh_buh
06-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Yea I'm all about the turning the showers hotter too.
I also have to shower right when I wake up and before bed no matter how late it is. On days I go to the gym, then go out after, I end up showering 3 times in 1 day. Screw this water shortage! :angel:

shakalaka
06-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Holy shit!
I didnt know so many other people were about doing that in the shower. I do the same thing, I start with medium and keep going hotter and hotter. I also dont face the shower head, my back is always. I always brush in the shower. I am just so used to it, even though I already brushed like 5 mins ago, I get in the shower I will grab the brush. Also when I wash off the shampoo or conditioner, I always tilt my neck backwords. When I take a dump, I gotta read something, and its mostly Archie comics. I think its really weird. But I go out and buy those just so that I can read them when I am takin a dump. After I shave, I always hit the shower right after. Like I dont wash the left over shaving cream foam off my face, I will just go in the shower straight, and when if I am not taking a shower, I wont even shave. I think thats messed up. When I am driving my civic, I keep shifting the gears, even though its an automatic, like from 1,2,D3,D4 etc etc. Like if I stop at a red light I will shift down to 1 and then go up. But I think thats cauz my bmw is a standard and I am just used to shifting. Another thing with the civic, when I park it somewhere, like anywhere, I will pull my ebrakes. I think that has to do with the bmw as well. Cant think of anything else right now.

Carfanman
06-25-2005, 09:07 PM
The hotter thing isnt a weird habit, its comfortable to have a hot shower, and after you get used to it, you need it hotter. A weird habit is something that you always do for no apparent reason. I do the shower thing during cold times, like winter, but when its hot times, I like colder and colder showers.

Zephyr
06-25-2005, 09:40 PM
i have to have a clean workspace, i cant work when there is crap lying all around after each task, even if the task is just the next step, i will clean the area and then do the next step, its just weird, i get confused when everything is everywhere, everything needs to be in a certain place...

i also have a tendency to put my hands on my gf's breasts when im bored, iono its just a natural instinct now, shes pratically given up on hitting me, flinging my hands of, or moving away. one time we were watching tv and i was holding her with my hands on the usual spot, her niece came in and saw my hands on her chest....we had to explain the birds and the bees to a 3 year old...that wasnt fun... after that i dont do it anymore...

Carfanman
06-25-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
we had to explain the birds and the bees to a 3 year old

There goes the innocence a toddler.

You should have made something up, like "I'm checking her heart beat." Its pretty obvious BS but I can see a 3 year old buying that.

Rockski
06-25-2005, 10:12 PM
i had a shitty shower in my edmonton house that would run cold all the time, so you would have to constantly turn up the hot and down the cold... max shower length 7 minutes though. when im at work, ill flick my hand and fingers like im packing a tin to take a dip (its a chewing thing) when i dont have any chew. and i say "fuck a duck" alot.....

codo
06-25-2005, 11:19 PM
what i have a habit of is leaveing the toilet seat up so if i take a shit or something i will put the toilet seat up after im done and i think the reason for this is women always complain about me leaveing the toilet seat up, maybe if they stopped complaining i wouldnt care but its the principal of it i have to lift the toilet seat up if a take a leak but thn they expect me to put it down but then again they will put the toilet seat down but wont put it up....okay yes that is weird of me but i dont care. On the rare ocassion that i have a bath i will put not much water in the bath at first so that its a comfortable temp then i turn up the heat kinda like the shower thing but it eventually will be xtremely hot i mean ridiculously hot and ill sit there for like a half hour in this heat and then when i get out i can hardly walk but i only do this before bed and ill go straight to bed and sleep for like 11+ hours and when i wake up it will be the best sleep ive had in, well since my last bath.

Chiggles
06-26-2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Barking_Spidre
I have one really odd one. At random times, I stop breathing, and hold my breath for 20+ seconds. I don't even notice until I start breathing again. My girlfriend always notices and makes me stop, and apparently I do it in my sleep as well.

I always sleep facing the wall, and I have troubles sleeping if I'm not.

It's kinda weird that you stop breathing while you're awake. But the fact that you do it in your sleep as well.... dude, that's not a habit, that sounds like sleep apnea to me. :eek: My best friend has the same problem. It's a condition where either your lungs or your heart has an inconsistent rythym to it's pace and your literally it's like your body ceases to function momentarily. If left untreated, it could do serious harm to your body. Do you feel really tired all the time too, even though you've slept at least 8 hours already? Well, in actuality, since your body ceases to work properly momentarily, when you actually revive yourself, the body get's kinda kickstarted cuz it's desperately seeking air or something like that, and because of the violent nature of the reaction your body gets, you never really fall asleep properly to get into a REM-state where you would actually get REAL rest. Seriously, go see a doctor and have yourself tested for sleep apnea!!!!

Originally posted by Zephyr
i also have a tendency to put my hands on my gf's breasts when im bored, iono its just a natural instinct now, shes pratically given up on hitting me, flinging my hands of, or moving away. one time we were watching tv and i was holding her with my hands on the usual spot, her niece came in and saw my hands on her chest....we had to explain the birds and the bees to a 3 year old...that wasnt fun... after that i dont do it anymore...

^^^ :rofl: best habit yet! :thumbsup:

With mine, I too have sensitive teeth, so I rinse with warm water when I brush my teeth, yet I tend to wash my hands with cold water all the time. On top of that, I like taking HOT showers just like most of you. Figure that one out. :nut:

I have a bad habit of leaving used tissues lying around all over the place after I blow my nose. I know there's still some unused space left on them so I put it down close to wherever I'm sitting at the time to use again soon. Of course, by the time I do need to use it again, I'm already in a different room by then. Therefore, there's tissues all over the place. :nut: Drives my woman insane. God bless her for putting up with me. :angel:

Whenever I cook, I can't stand having a dirty dish left on the counter from any prep work I may have done with the food. Like say for a simple example, when I make scrambled eggs, I like to whisk up the eggs in a bowl and mix it up with some spices before I toss it in the wok/pan to fry it up. While the eggs are cooking, or just after I've served the eggs onto a different plate or bowl, I just HAVE to clean that bowl I first used for the premix cuz I can't seem to stand using extra dishes when I don't need to. Doesn't bother me when the woman cooks, but when I cook for myself, I habitually use as less dishware as possible. 95% of the time after I'm done cooking, I eat right out of the pot/wok with stirring spoon or whatever I just used to cook with and don't even bother using another plate or a fork. In my mind, why dirty-up another dish? ....Yeah, I'm fucked.

Can't bring myself to throw out mail that has our names and addresses right into the recycling pile all by itself, I HAVE to shred it first.

.....How's that for starters?? :nut:

Ben
06-26-2005, 10:53 AM
I dont really have any quirks, although whenever I have gum, the blister packs of dentene or whatever, I always take from the middle first and leave the center end one for last, that way I always know if there is a peice of gum left, because the package has that one cutout where you can see the gum. A friend of mine called me a "Middletaker", and bugged me about it, but now she does it too, hahaha.

I chew a lot of gum too...pack a day, but at least I'm not one of you loud abnoxious open mouthed baseball coach style chewing slobs.

I do the shower thing making it hotter, but thats not really anything strange or unusual, that just making it hotter due to your body becoming accustomed to the temperature.

I always drive with my sunroof open no matter the weather, unless its stop and go traffic in the rain.

A_3
06-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Turning the shower up until the point where I often leave with red marks where the water was hitting me. Can't step into the shower until it's all warmed up. After the shower goes off I dry off and chill in the shower for up to 5 minutes. If i'm at home shirt def comes off for the shit. Shower every morning without question, even if i'm running an hour late, can't function without it. For the most part I only wear clothes once before washing them, even if they aren't dirty, they get all stretched and no good. Need to be sitting on the floor to play vid games, skill goes up ten fold if i'm centered on the floor infront of the tv. Driving 10km's over the speed limit at all times, I don't even think about it anymore, zone goes from 80-60, I go from 90-70. Ah and the infamous "beyondaholic syndrome", if i'm at a computer with internet, chances are first thing i'll be doing is checking beyond, home, school, work, friends houses, etc...

Khalil
06-26-2005, 11:55 AM
beyondaholic syndrome x 1000000:werd:
worst beyond time..
My girlfriend would always be in my email an see all these 'beyond private messages'
so the one day seh decided to check it out..its from lude_girl asking when we would be able to meet up later that night..
Of course it was to buy something...but how well do you think the girlfriend took it ... :nut:

WHO IS THAT GIRL YOUR MEETING TONIGHT?

I NEVER WANT YOU ON THAT BEYOND CAR CULT EVERY AGAIN

:eek: :eek:

codo
06-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Khalil
beyondaholic syndrome x 1000000:werd:
worst beyond time..
My girlfriend would always be in my email an see all these 'beyond private messages'
so the one day seh decided to check it out..its from lude_girl asking when we would be able to meet up later that night..
Of course it was to buy something...but how well do you think the girlfriend took it ... :nut:

WHO IS THAT GIRL YOUR MEETING TONIGHT?

I NEVER WANT YOU ON THAT BEYOND CAR CULT EVERY AGAIN

:eek: :eek:

your girlfriend shouldn't be so untrusting of you thats ridiculous that she checks your emails I'd personally tell her to fuck off, then again it aint my life.

schurchill39
06-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Yea beyondaholic definitly. After i get ready in the morning and i am either waiting for a ride or driving to school i go on beyond to see if theres anything new (i also clear out my junk mail in my email account) Then again when i get home and before I go to bed. If i go to my girlfriends house and we in her computer room or just watching TV i will go to beyond. I even have her lookin for a car here on beyond using my account.

Wow lots of my weird habits come from when i bath: I always start the water on hot and i have the drain open until all the cold water has drained out of the lines . Once it turns hot i plug the drain and fill up the bath sitting normal. Once the bath is full to were i want it I put my feet up between the knob and fauset ( O(foot)[](foot)O ) If that makes sense. My feet stay up there for the rest of the time and my legs dry off. If my legs end up getting wet at any time before the bath is over i have to sit there until they dry. To get out of the bath my feet stay up there and i kinda lift myself out. Always have to use a new fresh towel to dry off even if there is one hanging up thats dry.

I cant have my hands dirty I hate it. When i was driving the 240 my steering wheel was crap and i would get gunky black shit on my hands so where ever i went the first thing i would do is watch my hands. I feel so gross if my hands are dirty even if its just saw dust.

Khalil
06-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by codo

your girlfriend shouldn't be so untrusting of you thats ridiculous that she checks your emails I'd personally tell her to fuck off, then again it aint my life.

haha jus chiiilllll

to get that worked up over somethin so small :eek:
suck to be your girl!

She was just concerned that I would go randomly meet these chicks at like midnight for no reason :poosie:
I wont complain bout my gf bein a lil concerned.

back on topic..
beyond in the morning before work..
beyond at work..
beyond after I get home from work (could never figure out why..I'm on beyond for 8 hrs straight..then its a 40 min ride home..how much could i miss it?)
beyond before bed..!

Primer_Drift
06-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39

I cant have my hands dirty I hate it. When i was driving the 240 my steering wheel was crap and i would get gunky black shit on my hands so where ever i went the first thing i would do is watch my hands. I feel so gross if my hands are dirty even if its just saw dust.

I can relate to that one. I am very reluctant to eat anything without first washing my hands, like some bizarre leftover unwritten rule from childhood. I hate getting dirty.. and at the same time I love the activities that get me dirty. Its a vicious cycle..
:nut:

abyss
06-27-2005, 09:13 AM
I hate getting my hands dirty, but I love eating crab legs, so I'll have to wash my hands like 5 times in the process of one meal. The only time I'm not wearing a pair of socks is in the shower, I wear them to bed, everything, I've figured out it's not cause I think I have ugly feet but because I'm cold all the time and as long as my feet are warm the rest of me is good. I agree with hot showers, and even hotter baths, I want to be almost passing out it's so hot. The heat in my car is always on, ALWAYS, even in 30 degree weather, I can't explain it, I've just been like that for years. I brush my teeth with HOT water, I'll let the tap run till it's steaming and then brush my teeth, my mouth feels cleaner that way.

dave101
06-27-2005, 10:26 AM
i sleep in the shower and cant stand to have my hands dirty or sticky. especially sticky. annoys the hell outa me

Phy
06-27-2005, 10:31 AM
With the john, I always put both the seat AND the lid down afterwards. Those of you who've had kittens or dogs will understand why - you don't want to find a curious and half-drowned kitten, ever, and you don't want to be licked by a dog with toilet breath.

Every time I buzz my hair off, I'll feel the stubble off and on for a few hours to make sure I didn't miss anything. If I find a longer patch, I have to buzz it off as soon as possible. If it's one or two hairs, I'll actually yank at them until they're out. I just can't stand an uneven buzz.

frostyda9
06-28-2005, 08:51 PM
I count the number of letters in words whenever I see them.
Billboards, signs, things people say...whatever. I also do it for full sentences and also figure out what word would have to be changed in order to make the sentence an even number of letters. As a result of this, I can tell you nearly instantly how many letters are in just about any word. Weird huh?

88CRX
06-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
Billboards, signs, things people say...whatever. I also do it for full sentences and also figure out what word would have to be changed in order to make the sentence an even number of letters. As a result of this, I can tell you nearly instantly how many letters are in just about any word. Weird huh?

you win :rofl:

dave101
06-28-2005, 10:11 PM
oh ya and when I play racing games like forza or nfsu2 i always hang my mouth open without knowing and sometimes i catch myself drooling on the controller :rolleyes:

schurchill39
06-28-2005, 10:21 PM
On those games i cant stand to be beat so lots of times (only ever played nfsu2) i will restart the race right at the end before i cross the finish line so it doesnt register. Good thing i got way better and only do it ever 5th or so drag race and when i frist start playing the game for drifts... 1/2 into it I own at the dori dori

Primer_Drift
06-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9

10 LOL Rainman!

20 There, spoiled it for you

38 You are not borderline autistic by any chance?

:rofl: jk

When did you start doing this?

Weed
06-29-2005, 09:30 AM
I have to squish sandwiches and hamburgers b4 ill eat them. first one side then flip it and squash other side. And if i have anything like fries and gravy i have to stir it until its a constant colour b4 ill eat it.

abyss
06-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Oh I forgot, I stir everything liquid before I drink or eat it. Yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, smoothies, anything. It has to be free of lumps and all incorporated before I eat it. Also my cereal all has to be wet before I start to eat it, I mush all the sides down into the milk so I don't get any dry pieces at all.

2000_SI
06-29-2005, 10:05 AM
With food, I cant let anything touch anything else (unless its a mixed dish, like a salad or pasta). And I only eat one thing at a time, and I dont move on to the next item until im finished what i started So if I have a plate of chineese food, its the rice, then the dim sum, then the brocolli, then the noodles, then the beef.

I will suddenly think about my "key items" (My watch, grad ring, my other ring, bracelet, keys, wallet) i start to panick and pat myself down and make sure I have all of them.

At almost all of the time when im sitting down, I need to be either spinning one of my rings, bouncing one of my legs up and down, or talking. if i'm not doing one of those, I need to be thinking intensly or analyzing something, I cant just sit and relax.

ninjak84
06-29-2005, 10:18 AM
I never put more than 1/2 a tank of gas in my car.

Phy
06-29-2005, 10:28 AM
One other thing - I'm not a super-huge music fan, like I don't have any audio equipment worth mentioning - but I almost always have a song playing in the back of my head somewhere. Usually it's just the "good bits" on repeat until I get sick of it. Like, right now it's "Surrender" off Cheap Trick At Budokan. Also, if someone's talking to me, and I hear a song I know, I have to force myself to listen to them and not the music.

HRD2PLZ
06-29-2005, 12:34 PM
I have lots of little quirks. Like, the long hot shower, hands can't be dirty. The one I always take the most heat for is, anything like chips or whatnot that come in a package... I can only eat them after first being opened. I wouldn't be able to seal them up and finish them off in the next couple day. I have a hard time eating anything from a package that has been resealed.

FiveFreshFish
06-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by abyss
Oh I forgot, I stir everything liquid before I drink or eat it.

Does this apply to pop, wine or beer?

Nissanaddict
06-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Haha...this thread's great. I have a strange habit of being absolutely annoyed when a song is played in the right key. If someone plays guns N Roses on guitar but doesn't have their guitar tuned down a half step, I can't listen to it, it sounds so, wrong. (Yes I have a musical ear so I can pinpoint this) I had to delete a cell phone ringtone cuz it was in the wrong key (and I paid for it too)

abyss
06-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Does this apply to pop, wine or beer?

If the pop has ice in it, I'll usually stir it once or twice. I don't drink wine or beer. It's more for thicker liquids that have the capability to clump, or "mixed" things.

schurchill39
06-29-2005, 12:52 PM
I have to counter steer while playing NFU2 so it will be like turning left left left left right or left right or right right right left which results in me all over the place

codo
06-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by abyss

If the pop has ice in it, I'll usually stir it once or twice. I don't drink wine or beer. It's more for thicker liquids that have the capability to clump, or "mixed" things.

i think everyone stirs things like smoothies or milkshakes, nobody likes lumps.

Nissanaddict
06-29-2005, 01:19 PM
what bout bubble tea? That exists only because of lumps.

abyss
06-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by codo

i think everyone stirs things like smoothies or milkshakes, nobody likes lumps.

that's true, I thought the sour cream was more weird cause I've seen people not stir yogurt or sour cream and I cringe.

codo
06-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict

this buble tea you speak of i am intrigued where can i purchase such an item?

abyss
06-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict

I still stir it so that the "bubbles" are evenly incorporated, I can't stand getting 2 in a row without any slush inbetween.

frostyda9
06-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
You are not borderline autistic by any chance?

:rofl: jk

When did you start doing this?

haha probably...but it's not distracting at all, it just sort of goes on in my subconscious and occasionally I notice myself doing it. I've done it for as long as I can remember :nut:

JiggaMan
06-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Wierdest thing I do is I pound my head against my pillow before I goto bed. It's really wierd but it relaxes me and tires me out. Can't sleep... hit my head on the pillow for a while and ill be out cold (not literally).

I also can't touch things in bathrooms. Makes me sick so I always use my foot to flush things and grab a paper towel to turn the water on and open the door.

legendboy
06-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by JiggaMan
Wierdest thing I do is I pound my head against my pillow before I goto bed. It's really wierd but it relaxes me and tires me out. Can't sleep... hit my head on the pillow for a while and ill be out cold (not literally).

ahh haha my sister use to do that when she was little. she has this little line across her nose from it.

I have a couple

- I can't get out of the shower with wet feet. I feel its super grosse for some reason.

- I brush my teeth in the shower.

- I also have to read something when i'm on the can or nothing happens :rofl:

- I never take hot showers. Always mild.

- I can not stand the smell of other peoples shit. I literaly pull my shirt over my nose when in a public washroom. I feel like it will somehow infect me.

- I also don't like other peoples smells. When i'm walking thru a mall or something I constantly hold my breath when i pass people. I have no idea why.

I think this thread is intresting :)

BokCh0y
06-29-2005, 04:27 PM
i do things with numbers. for example when i leave my house and i lock the doors i'll lock it 12 times then wriggle the door handle 12 times. when i get to my car i'll use the keyless entry and press the unlock button 2 times so it beeps 4 times. when i lock the doors i'll press it 4 times so it beeps 4 times. when i do things i have to do it a certain number of times and it has to be even numbers. when i look at license plates or goto get a new one for my car or something the number have to add up a certain way with no 13's in them. For example, the last 3 digits on my plate are 737. the total of the 3 numbers are 17. when you add them together seperatly they are 10 (7+3 or 3 +7). My old car was 172. This totalled 10 or when added seperately 3, 8 or 9 but no matter what it doesn't = 13. My parking stall at work is 274 which added together makes 13 and it drives me nuts. i keep trying to change spots. I'm a fricken number freak. i count and add and shit with numbers and do it a certain number of times. Even when i do things like eat my food i count how many times i chew it and it has to be a certain number of times, usualy 4 or 12.

i also can't stand sticky hands so i wash my hands like 20 times a day.

another one is i have to sleep with the closet door and bedroom door closed. and of course when i goto sleep i set my alarm and press the alarm on button 12 times. i'm fucked up.

when i am mad i grind my teeth and crack my knuckles.

also i have to sniff everything.

JiggaMan
06-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

:rofl:

Originally posted by legendboy
ahh haha my sister use to do that when she was little. she has this little line across her nose from it.

I've heard of a few people that do this... interestingly enough, Hitler used to do it too.

Clever
06-29-2005, 04:41 PM
i've been told that my penmanship is never consistent, i write my letters(A-Z) in different ways all the time, sometimes when i leave notes for co workers they can never tell who wrote it when i don't sign my name, my handwriting is very legible, i just don't have a set writing style.

no matter what time i go to bed i wake up @ 4:16 am in the morning, if i was awake at that time i usually look at my watch and it's usually within 5 minutes to or before 4:16

i have to have a shower to wake up in the morning, no matter what.

dave101
06-29-2005, 04:54 PM
lol i keep realizing things that i do. Also another one i do is whenever i see a corner, like your computer screen, with one of the corners i have to complete it and make a triangle with my eyes kinda. I close one eye and use the rim of my nose to make the other line so it is a triangle. just whenever i see a corner. weird huh?

bundi
06-29-2005, 04:56 PM
I have a problem with touching my GF too... not so bad when I'm awake, they are fun to play with, but it's not like my hands show up there and I don't even realise it.... but when I'm SLEEPING, now theres a different story. For some reason when I'm sleeping with my hunnie, a lot of the times I end up groping her in my sleep, she'll wake me up and be like.. cmon I'm trying to sleep!

One time I stayed over at a friend's house and my air matress deflated in the middle of the night so I moved over to share his, ended up with my arm up his shirt, funny thing was, is when he was starting to wake up he told me he thought I was his wife so he just laid there spoonin with me for a minute until it hit him :P

Seanith
06-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by bundi

One time I stayed over at a friend's house and my air matress deflated in the middle of the night so I moved over to share his, ended up with my arm up his shirt, funny thing was, is when he was starting to wake up he told me he thought I was his wife so he just laid there spoonin with me for a minute until it hit him :P

Thats gotta be the gayest shit i've ever heard :rofl: http://forums.clubsi.com/images/graemlins/gay.gif http://forums.clubsi.com/images/graemlins/hay.gif

dave101
06-29-2005, 05:13 PM
^^bahahaha:rofl: that definetly just made my day:rofl:

BokCh0y
06-29-2005, 05:43 PM

that is fuckin classic dude hahahahaha

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Xtrema
06-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Phy
One other thing - I'm not a super-huge music fan, like I don't have any audio equipment worth mentioning - but I almost always have a song playing in the back of my head somewhere. Usually it's just the "good bits" on repeat until I get sick of it. Like, right now it's "Surrender" off Cheap Trick At Budokan. Also, if someone's talking to me, and I hear a song I know, I have to force myself to listen to them and not the music.

I have had MC Hammer in my head for a week now after hearing "Can't touch this" over Sumo Lounge's speakers at lunch.

Damn, here it goes again....... :rofl:

yohan4ws
06-29-2005, 07:30 PM
My alarm clock is crankd, It is a dual alarm .. I sleep through the first one sometimes, im notoriously late becaue I always wake up when the end of my "borderline" music stops playing .. this usually means I'm late for work.

I'm also a bit vain, i keep a journal of things that I do that are humerous on here, i'm my biggest fan.

I often brag about having a blow up doll. I do many wierd things to torment my co-workers but I have myself convinced I'm a great employee , a hard worker, and am good at what I do.

I pick at things and obsess about my body. If I have anything that looks like it needs to be squeezed, or could possibly puss, I'll squeeze it .. its gross but thats what I do .. I also find myself obsessing with pullin gout stray nose hairs, if my fingers can feel the end of a nose hair just outside my nostril, I try to inconspicuously pull them out. I convince myself I'm not being gross because im not picking boogs out of my nose, but am being sanitary and heigenic for pulling stray unsightly nose hairs.

I often pull at my eye lashes as well. Sometimes my nose feels really dry inside and i'll scrunch it from left to right, then I have lines in my lips off the edge of my nostril. Picture a bunny, only on soembody like me .. thast what I look like, scrunch scrunch left to right.

I pick scabs, pull out ingrown hairs on my face and if my fingernails get too long I'll chew on them so I make a concious effort to trim them so that I dont have jagged edges on my hands. I picked up this habit when I got with my ex and wanted to be gentle with her skin.

I'm anal around my house, if my toilet lid isn't down when I go in there I know someobdy flushed with the lid up. This means that tiny toilet leftover particles go all over the bathroom. I dont say anything to my roommate but I secretly get angry and put the lid down. (Side note, put blue food coloring in the toilet, flush it, hold a whit epiece of paper as high as you can reach above the toilet and flush it .. you'll see specles of blue water on the paper).

yea im done for now. i'm not wierd, im peculiar.

oh yea, i also learned from being w/ the ex that washing hands is good and impresses the ladies more.

A_3
06-29-2005, 07:39 PM
When ever i'm in deep concentration I chew my tounge, not lightly either, it looks like i'm eating something. I think somehow I inherited it from my dad when I was very young because he does the same thing. If anyone ever watches me play sports, write a test, play video games etc... they're like wtf.

Barking_Spidre
06-30-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Chiggles

It's kinda weird that you stop breathing while you're awake. But the fact that you do it in your sleep as well.... dude, that's not a habit, that sounds like sleep apnea to me. :eek: My best friend has the same problem. It's a condition where either your lungs or your heart has an inconsistent rythym to it's pace and your literally it's like your body ceases to function momentarily. If left untreated, it could do serious harm to your body. Do you feel really tired all the time too, even though you've slept at least 8 hours already? Well, in actuality, since your body ceases to work properly momentarily, when you actually revive yourself, the body get's kinda kickstarted cuz it's desperately seeking air or something like that, and because of the violent nature of the reaction your body gets, you never really fall asleep properly to get into a REM-state where you would actually get REAL rest. Seriously, go see a doctor and have yourself tested for sleep apnea!!!!

Well shit. :eek:

GQBalla
06-30-2005, 12:23 PM
hrmmm whenever i find myself concentrating or thinkin deeply i start to grind my teeth looks like im drugs or something.
also im always afaird to lose items so whenever i go out i like pat myself down and see if my wallet, keys, chapstick and gum are still around....ermmm i have the girlfriend thingy too ahahah its funny because i dont even notice it and she just doesn't care that i do it anymore

Phy
06-30-2005, 12:32 PM
looks like im drugs or something.

"I don't do drugs, I am drugs." - Dali

GQBalla
06-30-2005, 12:49 PM
lol seriously some people all think im on coke or e because of my teeth grinding!

ahahah i find it funny and ever since i quit smoking i can't sleep more than 6 hours a night...i always have such crazy dreams....!

RB25DET
06-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
I never put more than 1/2 a tank of gas in my car.

Weight savings??? Or money shortage...haha...

WhiteNikes
06-30-2005, 02:49 PM
when I were younger I could keep my slang straight. Now me see seh me caan keep de two a dem straight. If you ain't got my full respect authority figure style I go of 'n' gotta be 'splain'in what I were sayin 'cause me talk an' de people dem caan 'ear me again. But t'ain't nuthin' like that cat wit the 12 locks 'n' a day 'n' joint.

schurchill39
06-30-2005, 10:10 PM
When some one does something retarded when they drive or goes to slow i will cuss them out inside my car but its never the normal "f*ck you, a$shole etc." Its always some crazy 4 word long thing like you "dildo licking anal queen"or "butt reaming nostril f*cker". The thing is i am actually pissed but then i realise what i just said and i am not angry any more. At first every one laughs but because its so constant i think they just dont notice it any more, and for some reason it always has something to do with butts.... :dunno:

Originally posted by WhiteNikes
when I were younger I could keep my slang straight. Now me see seh me caan keep de two a dem straight. If you ain't got my full respect authority figure style I go of 'n' gotta be 'splain'in what I were sayin 'cause me talk an' de people dem caan 'ear me again. But t'ain't nuthin' like that cat wit the 12 locks 'n' a day 'n' joint.

Translation please.

Chiggles
07-01-2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
i do things with numbers. for example when i leave my house and i lock the doors i'll lock it 12 times then wriggle the door handle 12 times. when i get to my car i'll use the keyless entry and press the unlock button 2 times so it beeps 4 times. when i lock the doors i'll press it 4 times so it beeps 4 times. when i do things i have to do it a certain number of times and it has to be even numbers. when i look at license plates or goto get a new one for my car or something the number have to add up a certain way with no 13's in them. For example, the last 3 digits on my plate are 737. the total of the 3 numbers are 17. when you add them together seperatly they are 10 (7+3 or 3 +7). My old car was 172. This totalled 10 or when added seperately 3, 8 or 9 but no matter what it doesn't = 13. My parking stall at work is 274 which added together makes 13 and it drives me nuts. i keep trying to change spots. I'm a fricken number freak. i count and add and shit with numbers and do it a certain number of times. Even when i do things like eat my food i count how many times i chew it and it has to be a certain number of times, usualy 4 or 12.

i also can't stand sticky hands so i wash my hands like 20 times a day.

another one is i have to sleep with the closet door and bedroom door closed. and of course when i goto sleep i set my alarm and press the alarm on button 12 times. i'm fucked up.

when i am mad i grind my teeth and crack my knuckles.

Sounds a little bit OCD to me actually.... my Mom's like that and tried to get treatment for it. She quit the medication a while ago and has recessed deeper into her condition. :thumbsdow

I have a problem with touching my GF too... not so bad when I'm awake, they are fun to play with, but it's not like my hands show up there and I don't even realise it.... but when I'm SLEEPING, now theres a different story. For some reason when I'm sleeping with my hunnie, a lot of the times I end up groping her in my sleep, she'll wake me up and be like.. cmon I'm trying to sleep!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

szw
10-03-2005, 06:21 PM
I got a lot of weird habits. Not many of the habits listed in this thread seem that weird to me, just normal stuff people do like brush teeth in the shower and not liking to smell people's shit.

I don't step on sidwalk cracks.

When I am a passenger in a car, I shoot imaginary laser beams from the side of the car whenever i'm directly in between two dashed lines on the road until I can't keep up and then get a headache. Sometimes I find myself tapping my finger everytime I am beside a tree or telephone pole or something, something thats spaced regularly apart.

If for some resaon I spin either left or right the whole way I have to spin backwards to "unspin" myself. (yea this ones kinda weird).

When I get onto an escalator I always step on with my right foot. I can't do it with my left, if I try to do it I have to do some mini-shuffle step to get on with my right foot. Flat moving walkways as well.

Everywhere there are stairs I regularly use I count steps. For eg from my garage to my room is 2steps, 4 steps, 10 steps. I guess this could be useful in a blackout!

DJ Lazy
10-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by WhiteNikes

:english:
I can usually understand what the hell you are saying.. but I am completely lost this time.. :rofl:

Hmm weird things eh?

- I always shake my legs when I am sitting down.. I can't keep them still...
- Like Ben, I do the pack of gum thing where you leave the last piece as the one where the cut-out is...
- The hotter and hotter shower thing
- I to stop breathing for a minute when awake, not sure if it happens when I sleep.. Don't care.. :rofl:
- Whenever I eat fast food, I always leave one bite of a burger. wrap it up and throw it out. And when drinking, Pop or Beer or whatever, can or bottle, I always leave 1 sip left.

Thats all I can think of for now..

Barking_Spidre
10-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
[B]

- I always shake my legs when I am sitting down.. I can't keep them still...
-
- The hotter and hotter shower thing
- I to stop breathing for a minute when awake, not sure if it happens when I sleep.. Don't care.. :rofl:
[B]

:werd:

I have a new habit now, haha, after my uber hot shower, I always have a really quick rinse with SUPER cold water, So I don't get shocked when I walk outside the bathroom and my house is uber cold.

I always plug my left ear whenever i blow my nose, or else I blow open the hole in my eardrum.

Lo)2enz0
10-03-2005, 08:48 PM
alright here are some of mine:

1. i will never drink past the 1/4 mark of anything that other people take drinks from. seriously, when i lived at home my dad always knew he would get at least 1/4 of the jug of chocolate milk, but that was when i drank milk

2. if something turns me off i will never eat it again. the smell of bananas make me gage and i watched how milk was processed and i was disgusted.

3. i brush my teeth ALOT, at least 6 times a day. and i have never had any problems

4. I hate going to the clubs, my friends used to drag me there and now i just hate it, i would rather sit at home on my computer, well i have been on since 12:45 and its now 8:45 theres another habbit for you.

5. i dye my hair alot, i hate my natural hair color and the fact that I have a grey streak in the back doesn't help

6. very anti social to alot of people

7. I have really bad sleeping habbits, some days I only sleep 1 hour and others i will sleep up to 12 or 13, which is why i was late for school today.

ahh well i bet there are more, just to lazy to list them off

turbotrip
10-03-2005, 09:11 PM
No matter what time i put the alarm on for, I wake up 1-2 min before it goes off and manage to turn off the alarm just before it turns on. 8:00am, 10:34 am, 12:01pm it doesnt matter im gonna wake up a minute or 2 before and turn the alarm off before it goes off.

I cant sleep unless there is a knife in arms reach... i know thats really messed up but im paranoid.:nut: ive tried to stop but i cant sleep properly then.

nismodrifter
10-03-2005, 10:16 PM
I've kind of gone OCD lately with a couple things (#1,2 and 5 mainly).

1. When I am sitting here reading posts I HAVE to keep moving my cursor to teh corners of the monitor as if I am trying to scratch an itch in each of the corners. I can't stop. And I have to do it in JUST the right way and keep "scratching" certain areas before I move onto the next corner. Its messed up and I just actually ended up doing it while typing this because it feels like the "itch" is coming back again. This is like a CONSTANT thing that I can't stop, not like once every 5-10mins or something....I am doing it ALL the time.

2. I've gone OCD with hand washing in the past month, end up washing my hands like 50-100+ times a day now, anytime I touch ANYTHING I end up going to the sink and washing my hands. It's f'd up.

3. Workstation/desk/everything must be clean/organized before I do my homework or anything. I cannot concentrate worth shit if something is out of place or not setup neatly. I'll get up, perfectly align a stack of books and then return to work. Drives me freaking crazy sometimes but I still do it.

4. The hold your breath thing when passing people. I do that all day long at University. I see someone coming who I don't think is going to smell right or like not be clean or something (how I judge whether they are going to smell bad/are dirty or not is something that I don't even know....).....I hold my breath...pass them...then blow out. WTF?

5. While writing notes in class this year I am getting really messed up. Lets say I write the letter N but on the vertical lines I feel that I didn't press hard enough, apply pressure at the right angle with the pen or basically did something that made me feel that I didn't just do it right. I'll go back to the letter and re-pen the vertical lines with the PERFECT pen angle which I feel is right (kind of like the itch thing again.....the pen has to hit it just right and put pressure at all the right angles otherwise I feel that its just not right)....my notes end up looking like SHIT and its really screwing me up. I end up having to rewrite alot of my notes. Its effecting my damn performance in class, I know that I am doing it and I know its wrong yet I still HAVE to do it.

6. The water thing...who doesn't do that, except I face the shower in the morning to basically blast myself awake with the water pressure haha. Also I cannot function without a shower in the morning. Just doesn't happen. If I had a shower at night...I'll have another in the morning.

Um thats it for now, there are tons of other weird OCD like things I do but thats all I can think of right now.

cman
10-03-2005, 10:38 PM
for me:
always count steps(stairs?)
always moving, cannot sit still
pick any scabs or anything that can puss.
pull out nose hairs the instant i can feel them out of my nose
the one i hate most, i always have to take a shit within 1.5 hours of having a shower, never fails.
i constantly check for watch, money in pocket, keys, cell phone, wallet etc. retarded amounts.
constantly check my cell phone for missed calls or messages, incase i didnt hear it ringing :rofl:.
always have everything open in the exact same order on my computer (row at the bottom of opened applications) msn, beyond, jspeed, *any website*, msn convos, other(s).
i keep everything in alphabetical order, so whenever i get a new dvd or xbox game, the other 0-120 get moved one space each to accomodate.
bite my nails all the time.
chew the inside of my lip when bored.
if i do something with my right foot i try to match it exactly with my left. ex. stepping on a line, or brushing the ground slightly on a downswing of a step

#1hustler
10-03-2005, 10:57 PM
I have a weird one, whenever I pass a digital clock that reads all the same digits (ex. 2:22) I have to stay there and watch it until it changes.

I don't know why I do it, just a weird superstition.

A|pine
10-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Ok this is kinda weird but when I watch TV or a movie in a theatre my head has a tendency to turn left and then I begin to watch the show through the corner of my eyes.

One time I was out at movies with some friends and I was doing that and the girl next to me was like what are you looking at? and I explained to her my habit and she was like whatever
oh well
- -"

szw
10-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by A|pine
Ok this is kinda weird but when I watch TV or a movie in a theatre my head has a tendency to turn left and then I begin to watch the show through the corner of my eyes.

I think you need to get your eyes checked.

codo
10-03-2005, 11:35 PM
haha this is like a symptom thread not a weird habits thing. "you have insomnia, you have OCD....you have a yeast infection":thumbsdow

all in all good thread:thumbsup:

frostyda9
10-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Nismo, you make me feel not so bad about my own OCD-esque number habit :D

Your tidy desk thing reminds me that I can't stand to have objects on a table that aren't parallel to the edges. If I walk though the livingroom and there' a book and my three remotes on the table, I'll stop and align the book to be parallel with the edges of the table, and then line up the remotes so they are also all facing the same way, so their long axis is parallel with the side of the table and the book.
I'm not nearly as bad with this one as I used to be, though.

Raz
10-04-2005, 12:19 AM
I never ever ever sleep enough, it makes no sense. If I go to sleep at 5 am and wake up at 4pm, I feel terrible, if I go to sleep at 11pm and get up at 7am, I feel terrible. I can stay up very late, in fact, my 'natural sleep cycle' is stay up as late as possible, then sleep ~10 hours, get back up, do the same thing, it winds up making no sense to other people as it no longer is a 24 hour clock at all, more like a thirty something hour clock?

Everytime I'm near a computer I check my email and the forums, like, every minute.

if my cell phone dies or I loose signal in the middle of a conversation, I get super offended and throw the cell phone at something... I have broken MANY expensive cell phones this way ;)

Remember when computers used to suck? Like, imagine a computer with 64mb of ram running alot of apps under win2k? if it crashed, i'd smash the keyboard up... I have alot of keyboards, and my old work used to have a "rasmus keyboard budget" as a joke, but they needed a new keyboard for the NSC computer once in a while ;) Then we got a new computer at that work and I no longer smashed it...

I've got a terrible temper, I take pills for it :D

I find myself speaking Danish and German to animals, for some reason it doesn't seem right that they'd speak english.

I always drive WAY too fast, even if I am in no rush at all, i literally have to force myself to not go the absolute top speed of whichever car i am in, at all times.

I have grinded my teeth so much throughout my life that I have NO sharp teeth left and cannot shear things with my teeth that good anymore, however I have insanely strong jaw muscles now :D

I touch my girlfriend alot, I can't beleive she puts up with how much I grope her all over ;)

I love animals way more than people, I could never kill an animal unless it harmed me first, and even after that I'd feel terrible.

I can't eat food that looks like an animal, like a chicken leg is disgusting but I love chicken burgers, its fucked up and I know I love eating meat, but i just don't want to be reminded that it used to live and breathe, you know? I can't eat a steak because I can see what part its from, and it sickens me... but I love burgers.. its fucked :)

if im not in a hurry when I walk I always look down and try and not walk a line, if I do, say step on a line with my right foot right by my toes, I'll have to 'match it' to my left, it gets hard to do... I can usually shake the feeling/pattern in my head by thinking about something else, or calling someone up...

When I breathe so heavy that I can hear my breath, like if I've been running up some stairs or whatever, I'll shape my mouth to make different 'tones' and literally whisper-hum a tune, I have always done it, and sometimes if I do it during sex the girlfriend looks at me weird and I try to stop :D I just don't like hearing my own breath I guess, so I replace it with music?

If I drive a car with no radio, I sing made up songs to myself as entertainment.

When I was a kid, i used to memorize entire movies and tv-series, all the scenes, all the dialogue, so I could 'watch it' in my head later, it made alot of math classes less boring, also because i didn't have to 'wait' for people to finish their lines, I could zip through an entire film with all the cool special effects and stuff pretty fast, like half a math class could easily be an entire movie in my head :)

Every time I'm in a place, like a bus, airplane, whatever, I always size up the people in it like a community, who would be the leader, who would be my girlfriend, who could I kill, who are a threat, don't know why, like, if all of the sudden everyone in the world all disappeared except for all us in that bus, no idea why.

To do with that I suspect, I always think in worst case scenarios, like if I am stuck in traffic I map out how I could get home if I HAD to, (say my brother called me with heart failure or something crazy) like, driving through parks, sidewalks, alleys, anything... I like figuring out worst case scenarios... Its like a puzzle?

I hate wearing nice clothes, I am the MOST comfortable in old ugly jeans or sweatpants and whatever T-shirt I slept in (i love sleeping in old t-shirts)

I poop with my clothes ON, how weird am I? :rofl:

When someone is underwater in a movie, I hold my breath too...

I have to have my wallet, my cell phone, my house keys, and my car keys on my whenever I leave the house, if I don't I feel naked and weird... I check for them like, every two minutes.

Bite my nails, peel off scabs, pimples, crack knuckles, links toes, shoulders, neck, jaw, hands, wrists, knees, elbows, back, and once in a blue moon, my hip :)

I love the smell of coffee and cigars, but despise both

I have a birth defect on my left foot.

I have an enormously high tolerance to pain that I've 'learned' I used to just DIE if I was in any sort of pain, its strange, I don't like pain, but now I hardly fear it in any way shape or form... ?

I think alot about life and death, perhaps too much? I deal in ultimates alot it seems...

Oh, and I write waaay too long forum posts about absolutely nothing!

GreyFox
10-04-2005, 10:21 AM
I also check for my keys, wallet and phone like every 1-2 minutes. And, as often as possible I check for messages and missed calls or text messages on my phone, even though I know I won't have any, you never know if you just didn't notice it vibrating or w/e lol.

I also never face the shower head, and go hotter and hotter and hotter. Whenever I'm in the shower, I always spend the first 15 minutes or so just standing there...I put the shower head on massage and just let it pound my shoulders and back for 15 minutes...then I shampoo and clean for like 5 minutes then get out.

I also can't really ever sit still, my leg is moving around or im tapping my foot or tapping my fingers on something.

Raz
10-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Hehe, we're all ADD shower addicts up in here ;)

DC2
10-11-2005, 10:29 AM
check my phone for msgs or missed calls all the time.
pay around with the phone before i go to bed. (calander, alarm everything but the games)
check the car alarm now and than..
i really doubt this has been mentioned, but i have this horrible habit of smelling things. i bring it to my nose and i sniff at it..