PDA

View Full Version : 'Pretty Boy' Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Arturo "Thunder" Gatti

Benny
06-25-2005, 05:57 AM
Let's have some predictions for the sweet science!

Video of the pre-fight press conference (big video too):
http://ringbadabing.com/Videos/FloydGattiPresser.wmv

I'm thinking Mayweather for the win, most probably by decision. As much of an asshole as he was during the during the pre-fight press conference (and yes, I loved watching him get owned by Vivian Harris) I can't pick Gatti as the winner of this fight. As much as I want to see Gatti take the win, I just can't see it happening. PBF is a dick, but he's one hell of a good fighter.

lam-boy
06-25-2005, 01:33 PM
he is a good figther, but I want Gatti to win, I heard Gatti has been really trying hard to work on his boxing more instead of a punching stand point..

soooo....Gatti + his natural attitude + more boxing skills = one hell of a fighter.

Mayweather is quick though. Good tatics and all....soo its ognna be one hell of a fight.
Any pubs/bars/resturants showing this fight? i anna go out and watch it.

dj_honda
06-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Benny
PBF is a dick, but he's one hell of a good fighter.

:werd: but thats all that matters. I want gatti to win, but I think PBF will take it in a decision.

Where are you guys gonna go watch?

Hakkola
06-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Pretty boys always win, that's how they stay pretty. My money is on Mayweather.

cman
06-25-2005, 05:25 PM
floyd for sure.

PGTze
06-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Mayweather is by far a better boxer. Gatti will probably be able to hang in there the full fight, so he could still possibly catch him with one good shot. Should be a gooder.

Impreza
06-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Mayweather all the way. He is a dick, but that is what makes it interesting! The press conference was awesome!

badseed
06-26-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm very dissapointed with the outcome of that fight. Gatti has taken bigger beatings than that in the past and not thrown in the towel, I think he realized Mayweather was way to quick for him.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :whipped:

CKY
06-26-2005, 05:54 PM
didnt get to see the fight :(
does anyone know if TSN is gonna show the fight as a rerun?

FlySi
06-26-2005, 05:58 PM
itll likely be shown as a rerun, but it wasn't what i thought it would be. i hoped mayweather would get shitkicked for his cockyness but turned out he really is the best pound for pound boxer :(

97IntegraRS
06-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Yeah I thought Gatti would have lasted longer. Mayweather is fast as hell though. I think landed punches were 17% to 52%. :nut: