PDA

View Full Version : Fairlady?Skyline?Silvia?

D_2K
06-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Hey everybody. Im currentley planing to purchase a nice car for next spring. Now im at a crossroads and not sure what i should get. Im trying to decide between a Fairlady 300ZX TT or a Skyline/Silvia. Im working with around 16000$$. Ive already done some investigating on sites like "import concern". If anyone knows any sites that are like import concern could you let me know of them please? and/or could somone give me some advice on what to do? i would really appreciate it!

trikypenguin
06-25-2005, 07:14 PM
go with the fairlady 300zx tt, lol the only silvia i would bring over is the s15 :drool: i love those sooo much

D_2K
06-25-2005, 07:24 PM
too bad s15's came out in 1999, gotta wait about 9 years for that one!

BerserkerCatSplat
06-25-2005, 07:35 PM
My vote does for the 300ZX TT, no question about it. Fast, beautiful cars.

finboy
06-25-2005, 07:51 PM
if you want to work on the car yourself, don't get a fairlady, the engine bays are a nighmare

fluid
06-25-2005, 08:17 PM
skyline:guns:

CryoCarnage
06-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Id say get a Skyline. Nothing wrong with them plus if you really wanted, you could drive the GTR in winter. IF you really wanted. I wouldnt... Well im just saying IF. >_< hehe

schurchill39
06-25-2005, 09:34 PM
16 grand could pick you up a pretty nice GTR.

braden883314
06-26-2005, 01:48 AM
It all depends what you want to do with the car, drifting, hands down silvia its light and boost quikly and cheap can spend all your money on mods and tires, for road course i would pick the skyline GT-R or maybe a tuned RB20DET or a RB25DET swap. And if u just want to look good a Fairlady, I havent seen any good eveidence that the Z is great for the course, and the engine bay is a nightmare, even the battery is a bitch to get to. Have u also considered some of the not so popular cars, older skylines, toyota mark II/chasers (1JZ-GTE), soarer, nissan cefiro/laurel. And FD also becomes available late 2006.

Typhoon Imports (http://members.shaw.ca/typh00n)

It takes time to find the right car.

~Braden

asp integra
06-26-2005, 08:53 PM
go with a 300zx tt, so sick and fast

mac_82
06-26-2005, 08:57 PM
depending on how much money you have, i would be something that will be easy and inexpensive to fix if something goes wrong with it, with parts readily available ie: fairlady or silvia. not that i dont like skylines, but they would cost a lot more to fix if something ever happened. just something to consider.

crazyning
08-13-2005, 11:58 AM
I've been looking into importing also, here are the sites that I've found:

http://www.jdmconnection.ca
http://www.terra2imports.ca
http://www.gatmotors.com
http://www.jns-imports.com
http://www.dkimports.ca

If anybody knows of any other websites, I'd be interested in knowing as well.

crazydave
08-13-2005, 01:37 PM
i know some private sellers pm me and i can help you out. they bring over cars and sell them.:clap:

-KiTtY- boo
08-13-2005, 02:16 PM
i agree with braden.. depends on wut u want it for
i say get the silvia:D i love skylines , but im waiting for the R33:D
wut about an mr2??

95acc
08-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Check out

www.scimotors.com

heavyD
08-13-2005, 10:26 PM
I say none of the choices. $16K gives you alot of variety in cars that don't drive on the wrong side of the road, aren't 15 years old, & are legal. Why bring in one of Japan's rejects when you can buy something like a 2000 A4 Quattro, 2000 Integra GSR, 2000 Celica, etc. Newer lower mileage cars that you will ba able to sell much more easliy later on when you go on to something different. Use your money more wisely.:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
08-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
I say none of the choices. $16K gives you alot of variety in cars that don't drive on the wrong side of the road, aren't 15 years old, &amp; are legal. Why bring in one of Japan's rejects when you can buy something like a 2000 A4 Quattro, 2000 Integra GSR, 2000 Celica, etc. Newer lower mileage cars that you will ba able to sell much more easliy later on when you go on to something different. Use your money more wisely.:thumbsup:
Thats for sure, for 16K dont even bother looking at a Nissan, wait for an mk4 supra or pick up a nice 911. The Porsches are a great buy because they are LHD and they are much more saught after on the general markey which means you will most likely make money when you sell it.

mx73someday
08-14-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
I say none of the choices. $16K gives you alot of variety in cars that don't drive on the wrong side of the road, aren't 15 years old, &amp; are legal. Why bring in one of Japan's rejects when you can buy something like a 2000 A4 Quattro, 2000 Integra GSR, 2000 Celica, etc. Newer lower mileage cars that you will ba able to sell much more easliy later on when you go on to something different. Use your money more wisely.:thumbsup:

I gotta disagree, some local 2000's will have higher mileage than a 15 year old import. Certain imports aren't difficult to sell, such as Fairlady Z's and MR-2's (generally cars that were sold here). And if you buy from Japan (yourself or through an importer who charges a minimal service fee), your car will likely be worth more than what you paid to import and inspect/repair it.

I don't know why you say Japan's rejects, maybe you've only seen bargain imported vehicles that weren't in nice shape, there are many excellect examples in Japan that are 15 years old or older. If you choose wisely and have a good budget, the condition of an import can be like a 3-5 year old car.

I wouldn't compare 2000 A4 Quattro, Integra GSR or Celica to R32 GT-R, Fairlady Z or MR-2 turbo. The original post didn't refer to any FF or non-turbo cars. The Japanese domestic line-up is simply better than the limited models we got stuck with in Canada.

heavyD
08-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by mx73someday

I gotta disagree, some local 2000's will have higher mileage than a 15 year old import. Certain imports aren't difficult to sell, such as Fairlady Z's and MR-2's (generally cars that were sold here). And if you buy from Japan (yourself or through an importer who charges a minimal service fee), your car will likely be worth more than what you paid to import and inspect/repair it.

I don't know why you say Japan's rejects, maybe you've only seen bargain imported vehicles that weren't in nice shape, there are many excellect examples in Japan that are 15 years old or older. If you choose wisely and have a good budget, the condition of an import can be like a 3-5 year old car.

I wouldn't compare 2000 A4 Quattro, Integra GSR or Celica to R32 GT-R, Fairlady Z or MR-2 turbo. The original post didn't refer to any FF or non-turbo cars. The Japanese domestic line-up is simply better than the limited models we got stuck with in Canada.

Spoken like a true sponsor.:rolleyes:

CIVIC_MAN
08-14-2005, 02:19 PM
GTR Hands Down!

a skyline shop is going to be opening up in calgary and edmonton where parts oem and aftermarket can be ordered and some will be kept on hand..i wouldnt worry about parts anyways