PDA

View Full Version : Question about installing a deck

k_dawg
06-25-2005, 10:04 PM
I have a question about installing a deck into a 99 acura Integra:
Connecting the stereo requires connecting the deck's wiring harness to the adapter harness that connects the deck to the factory connector by manually twisting the wires together. In the instructions it says to connect the ground wire to bare metal of the chassis. But, the factory connector has a ground wire coming out the back of it and goes into the dash. My question is, is the wire already grounded in the dash board and all I need to do is twist the black from the deck harness to the black on the adapter and it will be grounded in the dash already; or, do I personally find a bare piece of metal and mount the raw ends of the ground wires of both wiring harnesses to bare metal myself.

3G
06-25-2005, 10:08 PM
You don't need to ground it to the chassis, ive always just connected ground to ground and works perfect

pyro
06-29-2005, 12:48 PM
ya connecting your ground to the adapter will work fine

k_dawg
06-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Alright I will tell my friend that, thanks for all the help guys I appericate it.

kanip
07-01-2005, 07:26 PM
yeah man you can put it on that wire in the harness... but it also depends... its always better to run an individual ground for everything you install, it just seems to work better and its MUCH easier to troubleshoot....

plus you may notice on some decks the 12V+ battery and the ground wires are a thicker guage than all the other wires, so if you actually run the deck battery lead right off the battery you might want to allow the ground to have its own spot on the chassis... i doubt you'd have any audible improvement but if you ever have an electrical problem at least you could eliminate the ground wire being an issue in a matter of minutes right?

but yeah both ways work, it really shouldnt matter its just preferance i suppose. personally i have my deck right off my battery (on the 12V memory lead) and then have an individual ground for it just by my shifter and i've never ever had a problem with it... either way its all good so good luck and have fun!! :thumbsup:

Nate25
07-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Ya Ground to Ground you wont notice any difference and it works fine.

dooman24
07-04-2005, 12:12 AM
HAHA yea i just isntall my deck today..
haha neg to neg on the addapter.. scrwe the chasis.. that's too much work.. haha and SODER your shit.. haha don't botter with those gay red gripping wire crap.. don'te ven know what they're called.. gay best buy and future shop uses them..