PDA

View Full Version : The Best of Toronto

zeeshan66
06-27-2005, 12:23 PM
I am currently visiting Ontario. However i'm not to familiar with the scene now a days. I would like to experience some of the finer parts of Toronto/GTA etc. so if anyone has comments on the higher end;
bars
resturants
lounges
shopping areas
nice places to drive around at night

i've been downtown and been to many clubs, lucid, metro, guverment. BUT I trying to get into places like mink and therapy ultra longue. anyone know how i can get ont he guest list? last night i was downtown and i saw TIE DOMI walk in! so it has to be something of an upscale club. anything new guys.. what's going on for 2005? also if anyone has any vip hookups or guestlist #'s for any hot new clubs please let me know thanks!

any comments are greatly appreciated. Zee

rahim
06-27-2005, 03:27 PM
just pay the bouncer, as long as you aren't with 3-4 other guys it should only be 10$ a head, check out Money on sunday nights and Inside on saturdays

zeeshan66
07-04-2005, 12:44 PM
i've been hearing alot about money on a sunday, i'll definately need to check it out. any idea on the higher end?

Drew
07-04-2005, 12:52 PM
mmm paying bouncers in toronto usually comes to 20 a head because their cover for most upscale places is about 20 bucks. For upscale shopping go down bloor st between young and avenue (university becomes avenue at bloor) you'll find some high end stuff like L V there and also for trendy high end check out yorkville which is the little posh area just north of that section of bloor. There is a mall there too called hazelton lanes that might have some things you'll like. A store there called TNT men has some hit and miss things like Ted Baker and stuff like that. As far as gettin you in to upscale bars rahim said it best for toronto, be there before they get to capacity with 2 ladies and at least 20 for your head and maybe 10 each for them.

Dave P
07-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Domi wasnt walking in cause he is a vip.

He is probally a bouncer. cause he is outta work. haha

K271
07-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Restaurants:
Miller Tavern at Yonge and York Mill, best steaks in Canada, they ship in aged Alberta Beef, get the oysters for appetizers, fresh from the atlantic everyday.

Susur - 516 King St. - Probably one of the best restaurants in the world. pricey though, $100 per person, it's a tasting menu that includes 7 plates. it's a great high end place.

Susur Lite - 514 King St. The cheap version of Susur, not as good, not cooked by Susur. So basically don't go, fork over the money for Susur and have an exceptional meal.

Sushi Ichiban - Spring Gala and Yonge, one block from Sheppard. Freshest sushi outside of Vancouver. Great prices, you can get a 20 piece sashimi for $15, 13 piece sushi for $12.50, Tempura is amazing. Two people can eat for $30 and be full. The salmon sashimi melts in your mouth. Was just there 4 hours ago!

Tea 2 Go - HK style tea shop at leslie and highway 7. Very che che for a tea house. It's huge but always busy.

Shopping:
Yonge and Eglington

Bloor and Bay - FCUK, Tiffany's, Birks, LV, Holt, Prada, Roots, Zara, and tons more. If you walk one block north off Bloor you'll be in Yorkville, tons of boutiques that have great style.

Yorkdale Shopping Mall - Allen Rd and 401, just like Bloor at Bay street but indoors. Lots of great shops but too many punk kids and gangster wannabes.

Britannia Outlet Mall - On Britannia Drive of off Hurontario in Missausaga. Tristan and America, Harry Rosen, Nine West, Club Monaco, Roots, Danier Leather, and tons more. You'll find something.

Night Life -
Essence Bar is pretty cool.
Guvernment is a crap hole, never go there again.
Panorama - For drinks at corner of Bay and Bloor in the Manual Life Building. 54th floor that allows you to see all of Toronto from various views.

Sassafraz - Chic Martini Bar in Yorkville. All the stars go here. On one night I saw Adam Sandler, and Jackie Chan, and my girlfriend saw Vivica A Fox and Ja Rule. You'll always bump into some one there.

Distillery District - Many cool lounges, live jazz, and you'll run into some stars down there.

Drive - Don't speed on 401 unless you want your wheels to fall off, by far it's the worst stretch of highway in the world. They never repair it, mind you, it's always jammed up any ways.

Lake Shore is nice to drive around but it's detoured this week as Molson Indy is going through it.

Hang Outs - Beaches, take Lake Shore as far as you can away from downtown.

Center Island - take the ferry across, good for walks, roller blading and just relaxing.

Anywhere of off Queens Quay, Harbour Front. Always something to do, and see.

Hope that helps.

rahim
07-05-2005, 10:56 AM
never went to mink, or ultra lounge, but i did go to guvernment, lucid, inside, afterlife, money, and tonic and we never had to pay anyone $20's to get past the line, of course they all asked for $20 a head but you only had to talk shit to them for 2 minutes and it was down to $10