01-21-2003, 05:58 PM
Ha ha...this story was just too great, so I had to
share.

I was driving yesterday around 10:00, and there
was an eclipse RS (black) going in and out of traffic
like mad up in front of me. I get up near him, and see
he has his window open a few inches because he was
smoking.....he he he.

SO I reach down, turn up the boost to 15 psi. Then nail the gas and give off a HUGE BOV salute right by his window. His head spins around to look at me....and then I see this panicked
look on his face....and realize he dropped his cigarette when the BOV went off...lol. Or at least that's what I figure. Saw him fumbling around for something and didn't see the cig anymore..
Too funny....

Turbo XS :thumbsup:
Yeah, it was mean of me...but still funny as hell.

I love my Ricer BOV.....

B17a
01-21-2003, 06:02 PM
I wish I had a turbo!

Light_Speed
01-21-2003, 06:34 PM
hahaha thats some funny shit

redline_13000
01-21-2003, 07:24 PM
nice..i love loud BOV'S:D

HillBilly
01-21-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by memystealthandi
I love my Ricer BOV.....

What BOV do you have? I think I'll get the same thing.

Ferio_vti
01-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Hahaha, nice. Smokers need the wake up call sometimes. Better off they set themselves on fire, rather than Nosehill park.
Nice work!

CLiVE
01-21-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Stealth R/T

What BOV do you have? I think I'll get the same thing.

I have the turbo XS H-34, open loop with an RFL spring. The H-34 is the same as the RFL, except for the spring (RFL is about 2-3 inches longer), and the horn shape. Very loud. The plus with the H-34 is I have the option of running it open or closed loop, with the RFL you don't have that option...

Not a bad BOV, best bang for the buck at around $150US. I would however like to get an HKS SS someday...but don't want to spend like $400US? on a BOV right now.

CLiVE
01-21-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Hahaha, nice. Smokers need the wake up call sometimes. Better off they set themselves on fire, rather than Nosehill park.
Nice work!

ha ha...from now on you can call me smokey the bear...lol. :rofl:

cocoabrova
01-21-2003, 11:15 PM
That's classic shiet... I probably would've dropped my smoke too:nut: :rofl:

RiceCake
01-21-2003, 11:39 PM
Damn loud BOV's rule! :thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
01-22-2003, 01:23 AM
hey at least you werent picking on kids at the bus stop again :clap: :confused:

CLiVE
01-22-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
hey at least you werent picking on kids at the bus stop again :clap: :confused:
haha...
Those are my plans for tomorrow.:devil:

Every time I hear the air brake noise from a bus or truck, I feel like they're challenging me. So I give them a huge "pssssstttt" back..lol.

ecstasy_civic
01-22-2003, 01:51 AM
dude we gotta go and terrorize some more kids and old people with the BOV :clap: thats good fun. and we have to find some mini vans too! lol.

go after the handi busses, easy competition:devil:

MrX
01-22-2003, 12:58 PM
dude we gotta go and terrorize some more kids and old people with the BOV :clap: thats good fun. and we have to find some mini vans too! lol.

go after the handi busses, easy competition:devil:

hrmmm...Blow off wars...I'm In!

DSM Power
01-23-2003, 09:21 PM
Damn BOV ricers, the streets aren't safe anymore, LOL! :D

CLiVE
01-23-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
Damn BOV ricers, the streets aren't safe anymore, LOL! :D

You're just jealous. You've got BOV envy.....

ecstasy_civic
01-24-2003, 11:43 AM
whats the loudest on the market?
from what ive heard either the h-34 w/ RFL spring or HKS SS.
any other opinions?

CLiVE
01-24-2003, 12:11 PM
whats the loudest on the market?
from what ive heard either the h-34 w/ RFL spring or HKS SS.
any other opinions?

Definately the TXS RFL, (or the H-34 with the RFL spring, which is essentially the same BOV.) or the HKS.
I've also heard a Blitz that is fairly loud.

Dr. Evil
01-24-2003, 12:32 PM
Then nail the gas and give off a HUGE BOV salute right by his window.
I wouldn't do that in my ear. You may not like the consequences. Just a warning to be careful of who you choose as your "victims" if you value certain things in your life.

CLiVE
01-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Evil

I wouldn't do that in my ear. You may not like the consequences. Just a warning to be careful of who you choose as your "victims" if you value certain things in your life.

What are you going to do? Give me a loud WOO! WOO! back? I would be so far ahead of you down the road...before you even knew what just happened....:rofl: jk

What's your ride anyways. We'll look out for you....:bigpimp:

ecstasy_civic
01-24-2003, 12:56 PM

hahaha, dude relax its all in good fun. its not like it scares the shit out of you its like WTF was that!:eek:

were just having some fun

Dr. Evil
01-24-2003, 01:01 PM
its not like it scares the shit out of you
Oh, okay. I thought he was saying its as loud as those 18-wheeler's loud bursts in your ear (either a turbo or hydraulic-assist pressure). Like 100 decibels or something. That pisses me off when they do it in my ear:guns:

ecstasy_civic
01-24-2003, 01:03 PM
its loud trust me but its nothing like ear piercing, your just caught off guard, really good:angel:

Dr. Evil
01-24-2003, 01:12 PM
As long as its not so ear-piercing that it causes me to crash then its cool!

Kinda like a calling card to race:thumbsup:

If thats the case (and the cops ain't around) then its all good. We'll have some fun...

:burnout:

:rofl:

CLiVE
01-24-2003, 01:15 PM

Oh, okay. I thought he was saying its as loud as those 18-wheeler's loud bursts in your ear (either a turbo or hydraulic-assist pressure). Like 100 decibels or something. That pisses me off when they do it in my ear:guns:

110db....:D

Won't hurt your ears or anything. Sounds like a giant sneeze.
Hence the term "sneeze valve"

ecstasy_civic
01-24-2003, 01:29 PM
even if the cops are around theres nothing they can do, ahhaha sneeze valve , its more like DUCK! or a big clap lol:rofl:

CRXguy
01-24-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by MrX

hrmmm...Blow off wars...I'm In!

I'm in too!:D I remember that one night we cruising by Chinatown, and you let off. The kids were like "WTF?" :rofl:

Definately the TXS RFL, (or the H-34 with the RFL spring, which is essentially the same BOV.) or the HKS.
I've also heard a Blitz that is fairly loud.

I've heard the RFL(realfuckingloud:D) and HKS on a WRX. The RFL is pretty loud, although the HKS is more a squeaky sound. I have the Blitz DD, you can hear it clearly in the car, but I have yet to hear it from the outside.

ecstasy_civic
01-24-2003, 01:43 PM
ill be the judge of the BOV WARS lol. ive got my camera ready to judge:clap: :rofl:

MrX
01-24-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

I'm in too!:D I remember that one night we cruising by Chinatown, and you let off. The kids were like "WTF?" :rofl:

That was a classic!:D Well, lest be said, when i'm back in town i'll be terrorizing the streets with my BOV and rich....i mean...power smoke!

theken
01-24-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

I've heard the RFL(realfuckingloud:D) and HKS on a WRX. The RFL is pretty loud, although the HKS is more a squeaky sound. I have the Blitz DD, you can hear it clearly in the car, but I have yet to hear it from the outside.
Ummmm... your BOV is sexy from outside, when you were 2 cars ahead of me when u lined up with sam, and u revved up, :drool:
i was like :D what the fuck! then daaaaaaaammmmn!!!!

DSM Power
01-24-2003, 10:44 PM

You're just jealous. You've got BOV envy.....
Ha ha, let's be clear - I'm jealous of your car, not your BOV. :tongue: Mine's loud enough according to the girls in Innisfail, ha ha ha!! :poosie: :D

CLiVE
01-25-2003, 12:45 AM

Ha ha, let's be clear - I'm jealous of your car, not your BOV. :tongue: Mine's loud enough according to the girls in Innisfail, ha ha ha!! :poosie: :D

Yeah, it's good enough for them....but they're from Innisfail, they must not see turbo cars much....lol. The best it gets there is the odd turbo diesel truck, and the odd "mullet" wagon...lol.

Davetronz
01-26-2003, 01:51 AM
Turbo XS :thumbsup:
Yeah, it was mean of me...but still funny as hell.

I love my Ricer BOV.....
HAHAHA nice one Rob, and yes, I love my ricer Turbo XS BOV too :D

DSM Power
01-26-2003, 02:30 PM

The best it gets there is the odd turbo diesel truck, and the odd "mullet" wagon...lol.
Ha ha ha, wasn't that the "skullet" wagon? :rofl:

CLiVE
01-26-2003, 08:24 PM

Ha ha ha, wasn't that the "skullet" wagon? :rofl:

True...:rofl: I stand corrected...:clap:

m@+CH
01-28-2003, 11:14 AM
damn it i want a turbo!!
so i can get a blow off valve!
haha DID U GUYS HEAR about the fake speakers u can put in your engine that makes the bOV sounds!!!????
haha LOL 2 funi

___2PaC___
01-28-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Nice work!

:werd: :rofl: :rofl: