PDA

View Full Version : Who sells used harleys?

Tyler883
06-27-2005, 11:57 PM
I realise this is topic that has been covered before, but I doubt that it was covered for a harley.

I'd like to sell a 99 Sportster XLH, I'm not that inclined to sell it myself, so is there a shop that would sell it on consignment?

I went to the Harley shop on Mcnight, and they won't sell it, but they have a bullten board that is for people that want to post private sales.

I'd rather have someone else sell it, any ideas?

BTW, I'm told that I can ask the original price plus 50% of all harley aftermarket parts which places it's value around 8-9 grand. If a dealer can sell it for that kind of money, I'll be happy to pay him a huge commision.

djstefan
06-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Put it on the bargainfinder.com since it only costs 1$/week. I sold a lot of stuff on there including bikes.

Aftermarket parts wont increase your value much though. 50% I think is dreaming. Usually, AM parts will only make a sale easier at the retail value, but whatever you put on the bike is lost $$.

SOAB
06-28-2005, 11:43 AM
for sportbikes, yes aftermarket products won't get you more money unless you sold them seperately.

for the harley market though, it might be a different story.

auto trader or bargain finder would probably be your best bet. if a harley dealer won't take it on consignment, i don't think a jap-bike dealer will either.

dericer
06-28-2005, 11:47 AM
They are in Airdrie, but they have a pretty good rep.

http://www.destinationcycles.com/

Tyler883
06-28-2005, 12:23 PM
thanks for the information, those are some pretty good ideas.

I didn't know about the shop in airdrie,