PDA

View Full Version : Rattling trunk...

iblizzard
06-28-2005, 12:00 AM
I've got a 1990 Accord, and I just recently had the windows tinted. Right after I got the car back from being tinted, there was a very annoying rattle coming from around the rear window. I tracked it down and it's somewhere underneath the rear shelf, in the trunk lid. If I reach a finger up into the trunk lid (There is a hole where I can reach in between two pieces of metal underneath the lid), and push down on a little piece of metal, the rattle stops. Also if I push down on a certain spot on the shelf in the back of the car, it stops..

I had asked the place where I got my windows tinted if they'd help out with it, since it started immediately after I got the car back, but they said no as it wasn't their problem (I wasn't very impressed by that.. another story). I was thinking of maybe spraying a bit of expanding foam into this hole in the trunk lid.. is there anything else I should try?

I posted this in here because the rattle is even worse with my subs, but even with my entire stereo off, it will rattle at certain rpms.

AllGoNoShow
06-28-2005, 12:20 AM
foam will work but it can be messy, duct tape or double sided sticky tape, put it on, stick the 2 pieces of metal together, end o fyou rrattling problems. or properly fix it by finding out why it is now raddling and replace/repair as needed but that takes more work.

iblizzard
06-28-2005, 12:27 AM
It's extremely difficult to get anything in there (tape or otherwise)... I tried just sticking a piece of paper towel in there just to stop it in the meantime, and couldn't even get that stuck between the two pieces, which is why I thought foam would be easier..

And I've tried trying to find out why it's rattling, but I can't for the life of me figure it out! heh

glennc
06-30-2005, 03:04 AM
I dont know the exact layout of the vehicle, being as i have a civic... But... I would try the aerosol foam like you said and just spray a bit. Otherwize, take it apart and beat it :hitit: