PDA

View Full Version : Mold

eb0i
06-28-2005, 11:31 AM
So my gf discored mold in the basement carpet yesterday as a result of all the rain we have had over the weeks. At the moment it is covering about 24sqft of carpet. I was wondering how I can go about getting rid of it. Bleach? Cut the Carpet out and find the source of the leak (this part of the house has no window)? Professional companies that do this, and who are they in this city? Will home insurance cover any of this damage?

Thanks.

EK 2.0
06-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Look up "Flood/Disaster Services" in the Yellow Pages.

Your best bet for removal would probably to replace the carpet in the area. It's not about the lack of a window. The foundations of a lot of homes have general cracks that are not an issue. But because all the sheer volume of water we have had seepage is huge. Tear up the carpet and change out the padding and liner this way you can prevent the mold from coming back. But again, call up some pros and see what they say.

Rav4Guy
06-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Best best if your carpet gets wet again is to dry it up ASAP. So renting out those big blue air dryers and drying underneath the carpet is an excellent idea.

jdmakkord
06-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Mold is very dangerous if not taken care of properly. Any asthma or allergy sufferers would have huge health problems from it. I recommmed you call someone to tear out the carpet, find out why water got into your basement, fix that problem first, then replace the carpet.

eb0i
06-29-2005, 01:48 PM
thanks guys :thumbsup:

Kamen
06-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Mold is very dangerous if not taken care of properly. Any asthma or allergy sufferers would have huge health problems from it. I recommmed you call someone to tear out the carpet, find out why water got into your basement, fix that problem first, then replace the carpet.

:werd:
Mold and fungi could be deadly so get it looked after asap! Good luck:thumbsup: