PDA

View Full Version : Your Home Theatre VS the Big Theatre

joelmt
06-28-2005, 01:07 PM
What do you prefer and why? Your Home Theatre with your comfy couch, or the local Big Theatre where you don't have to clean up after? What would you rather pay for?

69cougar
06-28-2005, 01:13 PM
HT is where it's at baby!!

I dont have to pay through the nose for snacks and drinks
I can replay something that I dont hear
I can pause to go to the can
I control the volume, lighting etc.
IMO it sounds better
Nobody kicking my seat or walking by.

Only negative is you have got to see the first run movies. Someone should start a direct to home movie service althoug people would copy it and then pirate it

Street_Soldier
06-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by 69cougar
HT is where it's at baby!!

I dont have to pay through the nose for snacks and drinks
I can replay something that I dont hear
I can pause to go to the can
I control the volume, lighting etc.
IMO it sounds better
Nobody kicking my seat or walking by.

Only negative is you have got to see the first run movies. Someone should start a direct to home movie service althoug people would copy it and then pirate it

agreed

EK 2.0
06-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by joelmt
What do you prefer and why? Your Home Theatre with your comfy couch, or the local Big Theatre where you don't have to clean up after? What would you rather pay for?

I prefer my HT cause I mean you get the food you want, and you and the homies can all kick back and chill...sit how or where you wanna...

And yeah...the money thing...to me that's not that huge an issue...I mean I have invested quite a bit of money into my set-up...so like paying for Cineplaex ot Famous Players...that aspect balances the equation...

but...you can't watch a movie naked in public...haha;)

GoChris
06-28-2005, 02:15 PM
I like by HT, except I do not have surround sound. other than that its great

rage2
06-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Real theater. If I have that many jailbait at my home theater, I'd probably go to jail! :rofl:

Originally posted by 69cougar
Only negative is you have got to see the first run movies.
That may change in the near future. HDNet, owned by Mark Cuban (the Benefactor dude), who also owns 2929 entertainment, is now releasing films both at home on HDNet Movies and in theaters. If you subscribe to HDNet movies (not available in Canada unfortunately) you will see every 2929 release in your home theater. It only runs once though, the day of release, but Tivo fixes that easily.

Currently, it's just smaller type films, but they signed Steven Soderbergh, who's directed Erin Brokovich, Oceans 11 & 12, to do 6 films under 2929. Maybe in a few years, we'll have MGM channel, Paramount channel, etc.

pitwipe
06-28-2005, 02:56 PM
I vote for home theatre. Except it is nice to see certain flicks on a REALLY big srceen. Star Wars for example. Just for the visual impact.

I have a 52" wide screen rear projection tv, but am planning to move to front projection later this year.

Altezza
06-28-2005, 02:58 PM
I prefer home theatre. I spent all that money so I wouldn't have to pay $20 for popcorn and drink, LOL.

gpomp
06-28-2005, 03:08 PM
big theatre. i don't like waiting 6 months to see a movie.

ronaldo
06-28-2005, 03:18 PM
home theatre....i like being able to kick back on my sofa n chill

and plus you always have the option of food(s) (for much cheaper prices) and you can pause at any time you please.

although once in a while goin to a real theatre is fun too

Xtrema
06-28-2005, 04:43 PM
I'll say 95% of movies are fine on my HT.

The other 5% would be watched in theatre because

- something to do during a date
- can't wait for DVD
- don't want to get spoiled by water cooler talks
- just a social thing.

I find no technical difference between the 2 other than bigger screen which most movies don't need.

b_t
06-29-2005, 08:16 AM
big theatre, because my parents bitch at me when I take full advantage of our home theatre, because apparently we bought a 52" TV and $2000 surround sound system to NOT USE IT

abyss
06-29-2005, 10:00 AM
home theatre for sure, I make better popcorn and I can drink milk instead of pop. Those damn silvercity chairs aren't big enough to fit two people comfortably at all! lol. Plus projecting onto the wall is about as close to a theatre as you can get at home anyways. We still go to theatres though, cause Hampstor can't wait to see the next new movie, we usually end up going opening night as well.

Mad$ella
06-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Home Theatre

42" Sony GrandWega LCD
Nuance MKIIs front (3 x 10'' subs)
Nuance MKIs rears (2 x 10" subs)

BOOOOOOOOOOOM :eek:

iceburns288
06-29-2005, 10:21 AM
I prefer the home theatre because my couch is more comfortable, I have better food and drinks, and the sound quality is better. It's also a lot better with friends because then we can make jokes about the movie and talk to each other. But with my girlfriend, it's more private and personal and a lot better because we aren't in public.