PDA

View Full Version : Wheel alignment scratched my wheels

jaylo
06-28-2005, 07:25 PM
I took my car in today at T&T Honda for a wheel alignment. And when I picked the car up, I drove home and noticed that there are scratches on 4 wheels! I'm pretty pissed because I just bought these wheels not long ago.

To all of you that's gonna do a wheel alignment in the future, take out your aftermarket wheel and put the stock one on. I learned my lesson. I was hoping that they won't screw it up and I even took the front bumper off so my lip won't scrape.

Just venting... now I have to buy a touch up paint :thumbsdow

Supa Dexta
06-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Don't you have to have the wheels you will be using, on the car for the allingment? therefore switching wheels with affect the alignment? to some extent...

tuff luck though.. you could try stirring shit up with them, but they could say they were there already and you can't really proove otherwise, unless you go over things with them first...

:)

jaylo
06-28-2005, 09:54 PM
A lot of people saying that it will, but some won't because nothing changes on the suspension geometry when u go put bigger wheel.

I will be there for sure about it. It's pretty much brand new, no scratches, now it looks like crap.

I have pictures to prove that they did it. And the scratches are pretty consistent how wide they are apart and the location.

Supa Dexta
06-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah I'm not totally sure on it either, different stories out there, the way I see it straight wheels should be the same.. I'm getting my alignment done right now with my winters on as they are all new... Then I'll throw the 17's on myself, since they have some unever wear on them (and live with it)...

schurchill39
06-28-2005, 10:06 PM
definitly go and stir shit up. If they are new show them receipts and the pictures. If they are still be ornery about it go to the better business bureau.

ryder_23
06-29-2005, 03:23 AM
Make sure you talk to someone high up from the start. Dont just goto the service department etc... That way, he hears your direct story the first time.

And if they pull out the, were not responsible for aftermarket bla bla bla bs. Just tell them, we'll you should have told me that in the first place, and notified me of the risks. No one should get 4 rims scratched from a wheel alignment, if they were using any care, and if it wasnt possible for them to do in an appropriate manor, then they should have notified you of this

AllGoNoShow
06-29-2005, 07:00 AM
and just to let you know, if the winters and the summers are the exact same size, you can interchange them no problem, but if the ovrall diameter is off on them by 1inch it will make that alignment useless when you throw the other set of wheels on.

VetteRacin
06-29-2005, 07:20 AM
yup, wheels and tires have a big impact on your wheel alignment

jaylo
06-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Well I went there today and the Service Manager said that the best thing they can do is make me a custom touch up paint for it. He sent me to Custom Coachworks and the people there said that they would borrow one of my wheel for a couple of days and get a touch up paint to match it perfectly.

The Service Manager also showed me their alignment tool and I was surprised that the clamps that they use does not have a rubber protector and oil like other shops do.

What a waste of brand new wheels and $96 dollars for wheel alignment. I thought T&T Honda would take care of it so I took it there but they did a horrible job taking care of my car.

schurchill39
06-29-2005, 12:40 PM
So they are paying for the paint and the work to get the touch up or do you have to?

jaylo
06-29-2005, 02:44 PM
They are gonna pay for the paint, I have to drop off one wheel and they will color-match and touch up the wheel and I will have to touch up the rest.

infected
06-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Wow crappy deal man.
Never heard good stories from T&T...
Maybe you should try Honda West next time, they seem pretty good :dunno:

Supa Dexta
06-30-2005, 06:34 PM
just posting this up, it has a great wheel calculator (in the wheel section)... turns out my 14's are taller than my 17's! This is a very good site, lots of great info :thumbsup:

here (http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbibles/)