PDA

View Full Version : If you had 2 weeks vacation

Shaolin
06-28-2005, 11:58 PM
and airfare is no object, where would you go? I need help to decide.. i spent most of my first week on random days.

Technically I have probably 2.5 weeks.

I'd be going alone because I don't know anyone else who would tag along.. I'm thinkin I might go back to HK to see some family.. contemplating on goin to Japan again.. I'd just like to go somewhere this summer.. went to Japan for 10 days in January, and I have pretty much all of August available to go where-ever if I choose to.. I just need to decide within a couple of weeks to let my boss know.

Benny
06-29-2005, 12:09 AM
I'd go to Cuba but not during the summer.

Go to Italy, lots of cool shit there.

Melinda
06-29-2005, 12:16 AM
I'd love to go back to the UK for 2 weeks. Other then that, my next stop would have to be Greece :)

CdnSilverStreak
06-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Backpack through Europe as fast as I can...

JordanEG6
06-29-2005, 12:24 AM
^^ im down with that. bring buddies and a map and your good to go. it'll be fun! and you see new things and meet all kinds of people. :thumbsup:

Kobe
06-29-2005, 12:33 AM
Dominican Republic

and stay at Riu Mambo

FiveFreshFish
06-29-2005, 01:22 AM
Unless you're going back to visit friends or relatives, go somewhere you've never been... business class or first class if airfare is truly no object. I'm going to Amsterdam at the end of next month for 1.5 weeks.

ronaldo
06-29-2005, 06:34 AM
go to brazil or italy....youll have an awsome time and meet tons of cool people

n u can buy cheap soccer shit too!!:D

mac_82
06-29-2005, 06:38 AM
Thailand :thumbsup: Everyone that was ever been there says it is their fav place in the world. Well worth the trip.

Shaolin
06-29-2005, 07:29 AM
I'm thinkin Europe would be the place to go for me.. I'm not really into beaches.. never found it fun lying on the beach.. I'd end up gawkin at girls in bikinis all day anyways. I'd be much more interested at this time to go to Europe.

Anyone been to Europe for 2 weeks? Italy would be interesting to go, but I'm also considering other countries in Europe. If so, I'd need some help on where to go and stuff.. feel free to PM me or MSN me at [email protected]

Although I won't be around till after 5pm though.

duffspec
06-29-2005, 07:30 AM
I would go to Thailand for the moon light parties and then fly over to Laos to see my family. :thumbsup:

K271
06-29-2005, 08:06 AM
Spain and France, no doubt about it. Fly to Barcelona, rent a car and drive down the mediterranean, fly to Paris and spend a week there enjoying the sights. No better way then to spend two weeks.

rage2
06-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Fly to germany. Rent a M3. Hit the Nurburgring for 2 weeks! :thumbsup:

civic_stylez
06-29-2005, 08:17 AM
our best trip was going to ireland for a week, charter jet to london for a few days and then take the chunnel to france..that is so much fun!:thumbsup:

Davetronz
06-29-2005, 11:43 AM
I would do nothing... Absolutely nothing...

(Well, other than sit infront of my computer and the newspaper trying to find a new job)...

2000_SI
06-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Out of experience, I would say traveling through Ireland and Scotland where my favorite, but thats more of a heritage thing for me.

If it had to be somewhere new, I would say either Japan, or to go down and check out Ibiza

RickDaTuner
06-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Fly to germany. Rent a M3. Hit the Nurburgring for 2 weeks! :thumbsup:

BEST IDEA EVVV444rr well my next vacation is planned..

i wonder what the rental compay will say when i retunr the car with bald tires:D :D

pitwipe
06-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Winnipeg! (Kidding)
Umm, actually Portugal I think.

bonnieclyde240
06-29-2005, 12:26 PM
^^^HAHA, Winnipeg :D or...Saskatchewan?! :rofl:

I'd LOVE to go to Japan. I'm probably never going to see it until I'm done dumping the majority of my money into my car :cry: I would check out this shop called "up garage" it was in the drift society vid. And I would love to see what their junk yard looks like, and maybe even pick up some parts for cheap! :drool:

Phats
06-29-2005, 12:57 PM
I'd say spain and portugal, there is lots to do in spain, check out ibiza, do a couple of cave tours, very cool to check out, lots of other stuff to do as well

or italy is super amazing, I was there a few years ago and we started in northern italy and drove from place to place ending up in the south, lots of amazing things to see there.

rage2
06-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
BEST IDEA EVVV444rr well my next vacation is planned..

i wonder what the rental compay will say when i retunr the car with bald tires:D :D
Nothing :). People do it all the time. I'm planning on doing the 'ring next year. Goal is to run a high 8min time in an M3.

If you're seriously planning a trip, read this:

http://www.heiser.net/documents/nurburgring/

rockym20
06-29-2005, 02:08 PM
I would definitely go to Africa for a Safari (probably Tanzania and do a side trip to Zanzibar Island). Madagascar would be interesting too. It might be the rainy season there though, so you might want to check that out. Visit Egypt and see the pyramids. Or maybe Peru and visit Machu Picchu. Italy would be high on my list - Rome, Venice, Milan, etc. Iceland would be really interesting. It costs a fortune to get there (usually have to connect in England and fly back), but is reasonably inexpensive when you are there. My sister has gone to Sweden and really liked it. The Galapagos Islands would be a possibility. New Zealand would be awesome, but this is the wrong time of the year (their winter). I've always wanted to see Prague. It is supposed to be a beautiful city. Or there is always....

Shaolin
06-29-2005, 02:10 PM
i'd definitely go do the ring, but not this year. looks like the fees are a bit steep for now. I'll definitely do it within 4 years though. i've decided to hit a 14 day italy tour. anyone know much about them? i haven't booked it yet, thinking of doing it tomorrow.

Shaolin
06-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by rockym20
I would definitely go to Africa for a Safari (probably Tanzania and do a side trip to Zanzibar Island). Madagascar would be interesting too. It might be the rainy season there though, so you might want to check that out. Visit Egypt and see the pyramids. Or maybe Peru and visit Machu Picchu. Italy would be high on my list - Rome, Venice, Milan, etc. Iceland would be really interesting. It costs a fortune to get there (usually have to connect in England and fly back), but is reasonably inexpensive when you are there. My sister has gone to Sweden and really liked it. The Galapagos Islands would be a possibility. New Zealand would be awesome, but this is the wrong time of the year (their winter). I've always wanted to see Prague. It is supposed to be a beautiful city. Or there is always....

yah, i want to hit one euro country a year. but i'm definitly not forgetting safaris and pyramids.

tapout
06-29-2005, 02:34 PM
what about iraq:rofl: jokes no really if you can afford it take a african safari

91_Integz
06-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Go to Thailand or Greece....I suggest Greece.....there is tons to do there

grocko
06-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by K271
Spain and France, no doubt about it. Fly to Barcelona, rent a car and drive down the mediterranean, fly to Paris and spend a week there enjoying the sights. No better way then to spend two weeks.

:werd: Did that two years ago. I didn't go Paris though, just rented a car and drove down the coast east toward Gibraltar. SOOO much fun :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
06-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Go back to Africa...there is shit there that I never got to do the last time and this would be the perfect chance to...

Shaolin
06-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Just booked the 14 day tour.. gota pay for it tomorrow.. going to Italy on August 22nd for 2 weeks!

Jynx
06-29-2005, 05:45 PM
whats it costin u?
whats included in the package?

my family is also considering Italy in August.

Tyler883
06-29-2005, 06:18 PM
I'd find another job, cause those bastards cut my vacation time back!

Shaolin
06-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Check PM for cost..

My trip will start in Rome, then hit San Gimignano, Tuscany, Florence, Pisa, Lake Como, Verona, Venice, Assisi, Monte Cassino, Sorrento, Isle of Capri, Pompeii and back to Rome.

Xtrema
06-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Anarctica and pics with penguins.

Because that would be a hell of a story to tell. Everyone's been to Hawaii.

pints
06-30-2005, 12:51 AM
2 weeks is really short for backpacking. I planned a 2 week trip for this summer to Ireland and it was really hard to narrow things down.
Italy is really amazing, spent only about a week there a few years ago. But I only did Rome, Florence and Venice. If you're interested in art and history there's tons of it there and the churches are gorgeous. Definetly try as much food as you can there, it's so unbelievably tasty.:drool: