PDA

View Full Version : Beetle

Nalgene
06-29-2005, 07:49 PM
Is this car more of a girls car? Would it be "odd" if a guy owned one?

Mr. Burns
06-29-2005, 07:51 PM
It would look wierd for sure, but who give a shit what anyone else thinks. (Just make sure that if you do get one it's at least a turbo model)

A_3
06-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Ah it's kind of a girls car, the color you choose can really push it over the line for bugs. If I see a guy driving a black one i'm like ah what ever, but if he's driving a lime green, yellow, light purple, or orange one i'm like eerrrr... he probably bats from the other side of the plate. However black, silver, and I suppose red aren't too bad. They're actually a very economical car, my moms tdi does over 1000km's on a tank, easy car to drive, however I rarely roll in it... lime green :D

Nalgene
06-29-2005, 08:08 PM
yea for that reason i probably wont be getting one... actually the more I look at the less I like it. Something is off about the styling to me... anyways back to the drawing board.

nismodrifter
06-30-2005, 01:41 AM
more of a girls car...yeah
Would I drive one with the right mods...HELL YEAH!

Got stretch?????
http://members.aol.com/ieftiane/photo100.jpg

heavyD
06-30-2005, 07:32 AM
It's 110% a women's car. I know a bunch of women that own them and come to think of it I've maybe seen 2 men driving them in the last 4-5 years.

BokCh0y
06-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
It's 110% a women's car. I know a bunch of women that own them and come to think of it I've maybe seen 2 men driving them in the last 4-5 years.

:werd:

bonnieclyde240
06-30-2005, 09:43 AM
^^That is the nicest beetle I've ever seen! A girlfriend of mine owns a green one and usually people tell her "what a cute car!" although the body shape & lines don't appeal to me. Even if it is stereotyped as a "girl" car, I'm sure if you tune it right, it can actually be a pretty good ride. (this reminds me of a thread that was posted about the miata being a classified as a girl car, which is strange because the majority of people I see driving them are guys!)

david_bmx
06-30-2005, 10:18 AM
I hear That the new beetle are a crappy car. What do u guys think are they a good car mechanically ? I think they are a car for ne1 that wants 1. They look :bigpimp:

kiwi
06-30-2005, 10:20 AM
I was gonna get a beetle! ha ha ha, but I'm a girl... :rofl:
We took it out for a test drive, & it's a really comfy & easy car to drive. However, my bf said he wouldn't be caught dead seen in public in that car! ha ha ha

I remember seeing a guy driving a beetle about 5 years ago... he looked like a hippie though. His car was blue with flower stickers all over it!

duffspec
06-30-2005, 10:57 AM
I think that if you like it buy it. I remember when everyone thought 240sx were girlie cars back in the day, when the hondas were in the lime light. :dunno:

david_bmx
06-30-2005, 12:31 PM
lol CIVICS are girls cars, Thats only if they are stock, and when they are not stock they are still a little on the slow side. buy will take me off the line any day. :burnout:

heavyD
06-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by duffspec
I think that if you like it buy it. I remember when everyone thought 240sx were girlie cars back in the day, when the hondas were in the lime light. :dunno:

240's are still girlie cars. You young kids just haven't figured that out yet.:rofl: I laugh when I see all these overpriced rusted out POS 240's selling for as much now as they did new and these young retards paying good money for them because they are the in drift car. Someone asked on a thread why the Speedtech guys are selling their 240's. It because they are POS's and once you own one you then know why.

240's from the early 90's on IMO are some of the cheapest, worst made, ugliest cars to ever come out of Japan. My buddies were driving these cars new in the 90's so I know. Body panels made cheaper than a tin can that rust just by staring at them, cheap material interiors, crappy truck engine. Sorry but RWD isn't enough for me to like those POS vehicles.:thumbsdow

Redlyne_mr2
06-30-2005, 01:47 PM
The original beetle is the beetle to have.

bonnieclyde240
06-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

240's from the early 90's on IMO are some of the cheapest, worst made, ugliest cars to ever come out of Japan. My buddies were driving these cars new in the 90's so I know. Body panels made cheaper than a tin can that rust just by staring at them, cheap material interiors, crappy truck engine. Sorry but RWD isn't enough for me to like those POS vehicles.:thumbsdow

Not to hate but how unappropriate is it that you would post this comment in a thread about beetles? Why not express your views in the S13 thread or make an I hate 240 thread?

Sorry to say it but, what an ignorant comment! Even though you are entitled to your own opinion, let me just say that, I've had my 240 since 2003 and it has never given me any problems. Body panels rust depending on where you live, no matter what kind of car you have, more salt = more rust. For a 91, I hardly have any rust on my car, and I know of newer rides that have more cancer on their car than my 14 year old car. My interior is in mint condition. The KA motor in my car has a lot of torque and loves uphills. Just because the KA was used in a truck doesn't mean it was designed to be specifically for trucks. (Is the 350Z's engine a truck engine, or a family sedan engine?). I've had this car for 2 1/2 years, and I never had to take it once to a shop to get repaired. Every car has their faults, no car is perfect. You just outlined a bunch of things wrong with the 240's exterior, what about performance wise? "crappy truck motor" doesn't cut it for me, you have to do better than that to convince me they suck.

I'd rather drive my cheap, ugly, rusty 240 rather than spend $20'000 on an overpriced, underspaced, bad suspension, pricey insurance, poorly made, stock slow off the line, mitsubishi eclipse gst. Sorry if that was harsh, but that's MY opinion.

Love
one of the many loyal "retarded" 240 drivers
:closed:

heavyD
06-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by bonnieclyde240
I'd rather drive my cheap, ugly, rusty 240 rather than spend $20'000 on an overpriced, underspaced, bad suspension, pricey insurance, poorly made, stock slow off the line, mitsubishi eclipse gst. Sorry if that was harsh, but that's MY opinion.

A stock GST will destroy a stock 240 off the line or at any part of the RPM band as they are faster 0-60 by 2 full seconds and just under 2 seconds faster for the 1/4 mile. Remember they come with the quick spooling T25 so you are dead wrong there. Eclipses back seats are smaller than 240 so you are right there but as far as cargo room goes the Eclipse has more. 2G Eclipse is one of the few compacts outside of Honda to use fully independant front suspension instead of the cheaper macpherson struts on 240's. My car insurance on my Eclipse is less than my 1995 delsol VTEC so I'm not sure where you get your insurance quotes from. Poorly made? Come take a look at mine. Looks like it was built last year. Your opinion is fine with me even if you are wrong on every count.

You are correct that I shouldn't have hijacked this thread about Beetles. I guess one out of seven aint bad.:poosie:

bonnieclyde240
06-30-2005, 04:04 PM
hehe... :hijack:

never did i say a stock 240 would beat the mitsu off the line, i'm just quoting the common flaws and cons from other gst owners. No doubt something with a T25 would have a good chance of destroying my N/A KA motor! Clearly, you know more about mitsubishi's than me, but as a 240 owner, i felt that you judged my car, therefore I had to defend it. I didn't really mean all those harsh things about the Mitsu, I was also judging it, which is wrong. My cheap macpherson struts have lasted me this long, so i guess they can't be that bad, :D! I know people who pay up the ass for insurance on their gst, but i guess not everyone pays that much. Maybe we should take a good look at each others cars and learn more about them before judging them.

:thumbsup:

garyb
06-30-2005, 04:13 PM
any car that has a flower holder i would say is a girls car, but that could just be personal opinion?

Mad$ella
06-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by garyb
any car that has a flower holder i would say is a girls car, but that could just be personal opinion?

:werd: You read my mind

Primer_Drift
06-30-2005, 04:31 PM
one word..

TURBONIUM!!:rofl:

heavyD
06-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by bonnieclyde240
hehe... :hijack:

never did i say a stock 240 would beat the mitsu off the line, i'm just quoting the common flaws and cons from other gst owners. No doubt something with a T25 would have a good chance of destroying my N/A KA motor! Clearly, you know more about mitsubishi's than me, but as a 240 owner, i felt that you judged my car, therefore I had to defend it. I didn't really mean all those harsh things about the Mitsu, I was also judging it, which is wrong. My cheap macpherson struts have lasted me this long, so i guess they can't be that bad, :D! I know people who pay up the ass for insurance on their gst, but i guess not everyone pays that much. Maybe we should take a good look at each others cars and learn more about them before judging them.

:thumbsup:

No offenses taken. People are passionate about their cars. Its all good. If 240's came to North America with the SR20 maybe we woudn't have even had this conversation.;)

bonnieclyde240
06-30-2005, 04:45 PM
^^Amen to that. Oh well it was fun while it lasted, it's good to converse with people who have a lot of heart for their car as much as I do! :D