PDA

View Full Version : PayPal is shit

oddjob
06-30-2005, 11:25 AM
So I sold a laptop to yeerj and he paid me with PayPal. I opened an account, claimed the money and shipped out the laptop on Tuesday I believe. Yesterday PayPal emailed me saying my account is limited and locked the money in my account not letting me do anything with it. I can only add money. (Why would I want to do that) WTF.

What the hell do I do? I used 300 of it to buy a manifold off ebay but the remaining is still there and according to the guy I bought the manifold off they are holding the money as well.

This is bullshit. Am I out 800 bucks?

QuasarCav
06-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Yup, Paypal really sucks. I closed down my account after dealing with their service.

Lexxan
06-30-2005, 11:28 AM
www.nopaypal.com
I can't believe anyone uses it.

legendboy
06-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Funny, i've used paypal for 3 years almost every week and never had a problem. They are always quite helpfull when i call too :dunno:

kenny
06-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Yeah I've heard tons of horror stories with paypal but I've personally never had a problem with them. I do always try to empty it out though.

Xaroxantu Zero
06-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Same here. Did you verify your account first? Usually PayPal goes paranoid if your account is newly created and you instantly receive a shit-load of dough. Just give them the verification documents they want and your account should be unfrozened.

By the way, the funds weren't reversed, were they?

rahim
06-30-2005, 12:44 PM
FUCK PAYPAL

oddjob
06-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Xaroxantu Zero
Same here. Did you verify your account first? Usually PayPal goes paranoid if your account is newly created and you instantly receive a shit-load of dough. Just give them the verification documents they want and your account should be unfrozened.

By the way, the funds weren't reversed, were they?

I added my bank account but not a credit card since I don't have one. Just because I have a larger amount of money doesn't mean I scam people... right now im out 800 bucks and I can't blame Richard for it. PayPal could have called me to verify since I had my phone number on there. Why would they assume all this is beyond me.

I just called them today and finally got ahold of them after a half hour wait and they said they can't do anything. I need to put a credit card on file otherwise they won't even look into it.

So the answer is yes, PayPal screwed me over :( and they are keeping my money. Avoid them when recieving a large sum of money.

FiveFreshFish
06-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Funny, i've used paypal for 3 years almost every week and never had a problem. They are always quite helpfull when i call too :dunno:

Me too but with less frequency. I've only paid through PayPal, never tried receiving funds.

QuasarCav
06-30-2005, 01:10 PM
It's your money, not their's.

Go onto the paypalsucks site and it gives you some more contact info that might help you.

If all else fails than sign up for a CC, get your cash out and cancel the CC and your paypal account. Change your username to Paypal=Ass and be done with it.

AllGoNoShow
06-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Yah I'm with some of the guys here, always hear the horror stories but never had a problem myself with PayPal. I also only use my bank account, not CC but I would suspect that is your issue, if its a new account and you started getting large amounts of money with no CC as the CC is instantanious and not as limited they might worry.

GTS Jeff
06-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Hmmm I've never had an issue with PayPal, but I also pay to be a Premier member...

Can't expect good service for free...

AllGoNoShow
06-30-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't pay shit and I find it to be a great service, although I wish I could sell on EBay without a CC but I guess I will live without it for now.

googe
06-30-2005, 05:49 PM
maybe give your login info to someone you trust and have them add their CC so they unfreeze it, then take the funds? i can do it, but you probably know someone with a cc that you trust a bit more

Weapon_R
06-30-2005, 05:51 PM
Easy. Email paypal proof of shipment and evidence contrary to the complaint, and they will remove the restriction. From now on, transfer money to your bank account EVERY time you have a penny (or more) in there.

AllGoNoShow
06-30-2005, 05:53 PM
googe wanna come over one night and add your CC info to mine so I can get it authorized then just change it so Ican't use it lol, I want to sell shit :(

old&slow
06-30-2005, 05:56 PM
I signed onto ebay and paypal recently to sell an item valued at 650.
Received money and shipped item....all went smoothly.
I had no problems transfering money to my bank account!

Not sure why u would be having an issue!

oddjob
06-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by googe
maybe give your login info to someone you trust and have them add their CC so they unfreeze it, then take the funds? i can do it, but you probably know someone with a cc that you trust a bit more

They would have to have the same last name as me, I just tried that :( Oh well I guess I'm out this time but I have learned my lesson with them.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Just sign up for a credit card, get the money, and cancel the card.

Chester
06-30-2005, 08:42 PM
When I had a problem with paypal i emailed them for weeks and got an automated response. I finally phoned and got instant results. I suggest phoning.

oddjob
06-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Chester
When I had a problem with paypal i emailed them for weeks and got an automated response. I finally phoned and got instant results. I suggest phoning.

I shall try that and if I can get a CC on file I'll try that too. Thanks for all the quick responses!

shakalaka
06-30-2005, 09:40 PM
I also have been using paypal for about 3 years off and on but regularly and never have problems till now. Hopefuly I wont in future either, I just sent about $300 to someone, hopefully it doesnt fuck up or anything. I have however never recieved money though, other then one time when me and my buddy were just testing and he sent me a dollar or something. Never huge amounts.

gongSHOW
07-01-2005, 12:20 AM
I've been using paypal for awhile it works pretty well. I use to keep tons of money in my account their but after reading this thread and other horror stories, I'll be depositing in my bank account whenever there is any money in there.

flipstah
10-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Bumping this thread from the grave to showcase how PayPal sucks now.

I have been an avid eBay for many years and recently, I have hit my spending limit on PayPal and in order to get 'verified', I have to add a bank account.

Now I went, fuck that shit, and closed my PayPal account and re-opened one. Now all of a sudden, my CC conveniently cannot be processed via PayPal:

"Please go to www.paypal.com to confirm your credit card before you complete this purchase."

Low and behold, it asks me for a bank account to complete verification.

How the fuck am I going to pay for items now?! :whipped: There's also no option for me to pay straight CC.

Fuck you, PayPal. Fuck. You.

googe
10-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Bad example of a thread to bump, turned out OP's account was frozen for scamming people :rofl:

Heru-Farukon
10-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Bad example of a thread to bump, turned out OP's account was frozen for scamming people :rofl:
Ahaha GG

flipstah
10-04-2012, 06:18 AM

bwhahahaha good night, everybody!

Mibz
10-04-2012, 06:53 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOL

Phl0xed
10-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
LOOOOOOOOOOL

G-ZUS
10-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
LOOOOOOOOOOL
:rofl:

Tik-Tok
10-04-2012, 02:03 PM
lulz

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/am-i-the-victim-of-beyond-fraud-pt-3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134623&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1