PDA

View Full Version : Sub is blown?

ecstasy_civic
06-30-2005, 12:43 PM
I have the 300W Rockford stereo my car came with, it has an 8" sub in a factory box.
I was getting something out of my trunk just now and the sub sounds blown?
Im no stereo guy, so I cant be a 100% but if so, can I just replace it with an aftermarket 8" sub?

My only concern was the sizing of an aftermarket sub compared to this stock one.

Anyways, Id like to do ASAP, and im not really sure if im ready to upgrade the whole thing yet, as I still dont know if im keeping the car haha

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

PS: I guess I should say, the bass is still there when the music is turned up, but when I get close to the sub it rattles like CRAZY and it sounds like air is passing through somewhere, I dunno wtf is going on lol:nut:

Weapon_R
06-30-2005, 03:35 PM
You likely can get any 8" replacement. If it rattles like crazy, it's pretty much garbage. Pull your sub, take it to any good store and they should be able to match you up with a replacement sub of similar dimensions and such.

Nate25
07-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Make sure you get one to suit the power output of your factory amp. Shitty thing about factory stuff is even if its a bose system or clarion or some shit. It still usually has low output off the amp.