PDA

View Full Version : **neck muscles**

projectsilvia
06-30-2005, 06:46 PM
What is your guys' recommendation for neck muscles?

I've always seen those guys with those thick necks and I have been wondering what they do to get to that level?

I think the secret is maybe trying to swallow large objects. By doing so, the larynx gets enlarged and in turn, the outer neck.

What I've been doing is I've been swallowing marbles. After that, I've tried swallowing chicken nuggets. After almost vomiting a few times, I got it down to a science. But now I have been trying to swallow german kiobasa. I've been having one hell of a time trying to swallow it. It only goes halfway and I have to end up pulling it back out. I've tried repeatedly harder and harder only to have to end up gagging it back out.

What do you guys suggest? I've been trying my swallow theory for a while with little to no results. I don't know how much my pipes can take. I always end up feeling like I just got throat fucked all the time.

PLEASE HELP!

dirty_magic
06-30-2005, 07:04 PM
now that is interesting......:hitit:

mac_82
06-30-2005, 07:09 PM
:dunno:

Phy
06-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Well, I was going to say go to any club and do the "whitey-don't-dance" head-bob all night, but yours is funnier.

1-Cent
06-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Your neck should just grow with the rest of you, when you do things like shrugs, deads, anything that takes alot of exertion you clench your neck and over time it'll grow.
If you got the short straw for neck genetics and its lagging bad then maybe try weighted neck curls, lay face down on a flat bench with your head over the edge, place a towel on the back of your head and a 10lb weight on top and bob your head up and slowly let it down. Also do the same sideways, lay on your side and move your head to your left and right shoulder. Maybe even start at 5lbs the first time, your neck doesn't need a lot of resistance to grow.

JAYMEZ
06-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Yah alot of shrugs , I grab a free weight bar , and do sets of 20s

1-Bar
06-30-2005, 11:03 PM
are you talking about your neck or your trapezius muscles?? If your talking about your neck, strap a weight to your forhead, lie down on the ground and nod yes a couple dozen times. Then shake your head like your saying 'no'....that should do it....

I did this for football training, minus the weight on the forehead...but since you've been training, you might need it.....

broken_legs
07-01-2005, 01:24 AM
Be careful with your neck

I have fubared my levader scapula a few times now I cant do shrugs anymore or else ill injur myself

ALWAYS stretch your neck and warm up first or you will eventually pay the price

as for exercises I reccomend the 45lb olympic bar. Or try the one that has the divit in it you might see people using that for military press - Works wonders for shrugs