PDA

View Full Version : flying sheet metal on deerfoot... fuck

88CRX
07-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Cruisin' down the deerfoot earlier tonight and all of a sudden this piece of sheet metal (i think) like 4"x4" maybe is kicked up by the truck in front of me.... oh shit.... no where to go.... fuck.

It hit the hood.... dont know if thats any better then a windshield or a light or bumper... whatever... it sucks.

Hood has two gouges, 6" and 3" and two nice dints :thumbsdow

I doubt the city covesr shit layin on the road but whatever, c/f hood here i come i guess :dunno: :thumbsdow

BerserkerCatSplat
07-01-2005, 12:43 AM
:eek: That's crazy! The cost should go to whoever dropped the metal, obviously, but it'd be nexy to impossible to find out who dropped it.

So...carbon fibre hood, eh? :D

Mad$ella
07-01-2005, 12:44 AM
Sorry to hear, you got pics?

88CRX
07-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Mad$ella
Sorry to hear, you got pics?

maybe in the morning.

its sorta looks like a deep key scratch w/ a dint :thumbsdow

A2VR6
07-01-2005, 12:48 AM
Hence the reason why I avoid deerfoot at all costs. I have the worst luck with that place... I've had pieces of tires and shit like that hit me all the time :thumbsdow

dj_honda
07-01-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Cruisin' down the deerfoot earlier tonight and all of a sudden this piece of sheet metal (i think) like 4"x4" maybe is kicked up by the truck in front of me.... oh shit.... no where to go.... fuck.

It hit the hood.... dont know if thats any better then a windshield or a light or bumper... whatever... it sucks.

Hood has two gouges, 6" and 3" and two nice dints :thumbsdow

I doubt the city covesr shit layin on the road but whatever, c/f hood here i come i guess :dunno: :thumbsdow

maybe paul walker was driving in front of you so fast that his floorboard fell out.

lol j/k. deerfoot sucks for that kind of shit. i drive it at least twice a day.

Primer_Drift
07-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Think of it this way.. if something big hit your hood at 100km/h, you're lucky to be alive.

I've had some close calls like this too. When I took my CBR to Vancouver, a transport truck's tire exploded 100m ahead. I literally had huge pieces of debris come flying at me! It very nearly took out the car that was in the lane beside it.. :eek:

CalgarySupra
07-01-2005, 02:09 AM
there are so many dumb contractors and truckers who dont tie down anything

i seen trailers being dehitched without security chains

i even seen a big tin shed fly off infront of me. i managed to avoid it when i was driving a supra. i would of lost control in my other cars. i guess it pays to drive a overweight vehicle.

i also seen idiots going over 100 with their dogs in the back of their trucks. how is safe for dogs in there, what about shrapnel and other debre hitting them??

un secured goods or stuff flying around is extermly dangerous. i think there should be serious fines for that. i think its about as serious as drunk driving.

when you have logs flying into cars or any objects, i think that is up there with the most sevre negligence laws

infected
07-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySupra
when you have logs flying into cars or any objects, i think that is up there with the most sevre negligence laws
Sorta like in Final Destination... :barf:

Sorry to hear, but cant really expect much from Deerfoot... =/
Can you get pics?

AllGoNoShow
07-01-2005, 12:13 PM
You didn't pickup the sheet metal by any chance did you?:rofl:

shitty luck man, lets see some pics of the new hood your lookin at getting

CdnSilverStreak
07-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Sucks bro... but at least you'll be gettin a new hood.

Hash_man
07-01-2005, 12:37 PM
That sucks... I have to take deerfoot to work all of the time, and I've had some really close calls lately too..

Had a truck dump 4 2x4's a few cars ahead in the lane next to me, and a semi kicked them up towards my car, I barely avoided them, and then had a big piece of metal, looked like metal studs for building... i just missed it, but almost got in an accident because the only place to go was the shoulder filled with gravel

Deerfoot is nuts, and nobody ever straps stuff down in their trucks... :guns:

Seanith
07-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Cot daymn thats brutal!

Phy
07-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Shit... I was out there on my KL an hour ago.

Glad you're not dead, dude.

duffspec
07-02-2005, 12:56 AM
:thumbsdow at least your safe.

Superesc
07-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Damn that's brutal, yea stay away from deerfoot, that road is cursed!!! But look on the good side, CF hood will look so nice on your EP!

likwid
07-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Im still wondering what a dint is...

88CRX
07-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by likwid
Im still wondering what a dint is...
You know what i meant.

And i took a pic but it doesnt do it justice lol...... but whatever, new hood on the way :thumbsup:

Seanith
07-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

but whatever, new hood on the way :thumbsup:

*cough* BALLER! *cough* :D

88CRX
07-02-2005, 11:43 PM
*cough* no more mods *cough*

:rofl: i wish