PDA

View Full Version : C6 Blue Devil spy shots

benyl
07-01-2005, 12:42 AM
http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/uploads/32239/102690.jpg
http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/uploads/32239/bluedevil_rear.jpg
http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/uploads/32239/bluedevil_side.jpg

General Motors vice chairman Bob Lutz won’t confirm this car exists, but he is not saying it doesn’t. We first wrote about Chevrolet’s ultra-performance Corvette—dubbed Blue Devil, most likely to catch the attention of GM CEO and Duke Blue Devil grad Rick Wagoner—shortly before the sixth-generation Corvette debuted at the Detroit auto show in January (AW, Dec. 22 and 29, 2004). We asked Lutz about the car during a recent exclusive interview with AutoWeek.

“Let’s just say [Corvette chief engineer] Dave Hill is not a guy who likes playing second fiddle to any high-performance car on the road,” said Lutz. “My guess is we’re going to find a way to do something beyond the Z06, that would be at a much higher price point, and which would compete with some of the leading high-performance cars of the world.”

Lutz said the car may be delayed while the company focuses most of its engineering might on pulling ahead profit-making vehicles like its next-generation large sport/utilities and pickups.

“But there is certainly no lack of desire on anyone’s part to establish the supremacy of the Corvette,” says Lutz.

Spied on the Nurbürgring, Blue Devil appears to be living up to the earlier hype. Eyewitnesses said the car sounds supercharged, confirming reports the engine is likely a blown version of the Z06’s 7.0-liter V8, producing upward of 600 hp. Look for lightweight carbon fiber body parts to reduce weight to about 2900 pounds.

Pricing will likely start somewhere around $100,000 if and when the car makes production in 2006.

-AutoWeek.Com

bspot
07-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Holy fuck that looks good :drool:

habsfan
07-01-2005, 05:23 PM
i've been hearing about "blue devil" rumors for probably about 3 years now, hopefully there is actually such a car coming :drool:

DJ Lazy
07-01-2005, 05:36 PM
:drool: :poosie:

Thats damn nice... Thats sweet that they are testing at the Nurburgring... :thumbsup:

Dooms_Bane
07-01-2005, 05:45 PM
WOWz... just wow

infected
07-01-2005, 07:34 PM
:eek: :drool:

BokCh0y
07-01-2005, 08:08 PM
:love: :drool: :love:

Wildcat
07-01-2005, 08:10 PM
they need to cut the BS and just make a ZL1 already :rolleyes:

Ekliptix
07-01-2005, 08:13 PM
I've heard GM is not doing so hot buisness wise. I suspect this car will be delayed even longer because of this.

Xtrema
07-01-2005, 08:37 PM
@ the end of the day, it's just another Corvette that won't be recognize by anyone unless you're a Vette fan.

iceburns288
07-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Isn't 86hp/l a little low for a forced induction engine? I mean that's 25 percent lower than the NA F430's hp/l.

habsfan
07-02-2005, 10:31 AM
^hp/l is the most useless stat ever conceived. who gives a fuck if it "only makes 86hp/l". la dee da your b16 makes 100hp/l. it also has 90lb.ft of torque and wouldnt hold a candle to an ls1, ls6, ls2 or otherwise.

Weapon_R
07-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
@ the end of the day, it's just another Corvette that won't be recognize by anyone unless you're a Vette fan.

I'm pretty sure that the corvette has a huge following already. This is going to bring supercar performance (even beyond the ZO6) so that a lot more can afford this luxury. Corvettes are beautiful performing vehicles - anyone who says they aren't or doesn't respect them has never ridden in one.

ninspeed
07-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I've heard GM is not doing so hot buisness wise. I suspect this car will be delayed even longer because of this.

This is why GM needs to release this car. They need some hype with in the company. Everybody with in GM from the Techs, to the enginers are getting tired of getting our ass handed to us. Ford and Chrysler have released RWD sports cars in the mid 30's range... what does gm have? the montecarlo ss... a fwd AUTO only POS. Nobody wants FWD drive anymore, yet GM keeps making them. Lutz, and Hill have recginized this, and the kappa platform is being redesigned to become RWD...

As for HP/l, who gives a shit, 7.0L PUSHROD motor with a 7k+ redline, and 600HP.... stock.... earns my respect, and i am wating for the Z to land here late august, early sept

Hakkola
07-02-2005, 12:02 PM
For a hundred g's american they better do something with that interior as well...

nhlfan
07-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

:werd: