PDA

View Full Version : T.O Trade Rumor

AznDragon2004
07-01-2005, 04:00 PM
There are rumors that Terrel Owens could be traded to Raiders but not for randy moss. Basically 2 of the nfl's best WR could be on the same team. Moss and Owens what a duo :)

What are your thoughts on this?

I would like owens to stay with the eagles

lastprodigy
07-01-2005, 05:23 PM
both their heads wont fit in the same dressing room

"red rover red rover we call T.O overrr"

K271
07-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Heck, T.O. was going to join the Sacramento Kings' summer league team in July but was denied by the Eagles. It would be amazing to see him lined up with Moss. I'd love to see how defenesive coordinates plan for something like that. Who knows, if it happens it could be entertaining. Best receiving duo in history??

wildrice
07-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
both their heads wont fit in the same dressing room

"red rover red rover we call T.O overrr"

Exactly, they would never be able to play together. They'd both want the ball too much.

"Red rover red rover we call jevonnn over"

lastprodigy
07-02-2005, 11:15 AM
^^^ haha sweet commercial :D

sexualbanana
07-02-2005, 11:21 AM
I sounds like it could be a really dumb move for the Raiders.

1) They'll have 2 superstars demanding the money, meaning they'll have 2 gigantic money pits for the season;

2) They'll have 2 superstars who will refuse to play behind anyone in the depth chart;

3) They'll have 2 superstars demanding the ball;

and worst of all.....

4) They'll have NO quarterback to deliver the ball to either receiver on a regular basis. No. Gannon, Collins, and Tuiasasopo are not consistent, reliable quarterbacks.

brettg
07-03-2005, 11:51 AM
i dont see it actually happening because off all the reasons that have been listed and many more. T.O should just stay with the eagles, its a good fit and he knows it, Mcnabb is a great quarterback and that team will make another push this year, T.O knows that and i think hes probably just looking for a pay increase.

either way did anyone else hear he wanted to play for the kings summer league team(basketball) but philly wont let him. thats kinda funny.

K271
07-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Collins can throw the deep ball consistently and can be a good quarterback. Throwing to Moss and Owens could make life easier for him. As long as he throws in their direction they'll get it. They have height and verticle. Good luck finding a secondary to cover them.

I doubt the Raiders can afford it.

USHER
07-03-2005, 09:15 PM
how can them 2 be the best duo? when T.O play long side jerry rice

K271
07-04-2005, 07:04 AM
TO wasn't in his prime, and Rice was in the late stages of his career. Both Moss and TO will be in their prime, heck TO played with a broken foot in the super bowl and had ridiculous numbers.

heavyD
07-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
4) They'll have NO quarterback to deliver the ball to either receiver on a regular basis. No. Gannon, Collins, and Tuiasasopo are not consistent, reliable quarterbacks.

Collins throws the nicest deep ball in the league which is what Al Davis covets and has been to the Superbowl. Remember he didn't start the year as the starter & started 14 games. Once he got comfortable with the offence he threw 16 touchdowns in his last 7 games even when teams knew the Raiders were a one dimensional team with no running game. This year with the addition of Lamonte Jordan & Randy Moss a pro bowl selection is very possible if he takes better care of the ball.

Back to the original topic, I would rather the Raiders keep Jerry Porter as he is younger, cheaper, & in a year or two will be more productive than Owens. This trade isn't possible anyway as the Raiders don't have the salary cap room to assume T.O.'s contract demands, he is also coming off a serious knee injury, and is getting up there in age in a league that anything over 30 is considered the down side of most player's careers.

If the defense improves even slightly the Raiders should be able to challenge for the AFC West or a Wildecard at the very least.