PDA

View Full Version : NHL Back Soon

AznDragon2004
07-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Saw this yesterday on Sportsnet that the NHL could be ending the lockout next week.

I just hope the lockout ends cuz i miss hockey.

Go Flames Go!!!:D

mac_82
07-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Ya I miss hockey too, not sure how soon I will be back paying money to see it though. Hopefully ticket prices will go down if there is a salary cap. I was tired of paying lots of money for tickets with players making so much money.

ryder_23
07-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
Ya I miss hockey too, not sure how soon I will be back paying money to see it though. Hopefully ticket prices will go down if there is a salary cap. I was tired of paying lots of money for tickets with players making so much money.

Well, when they were talkin about this a couple of weeks ago, i heard that ticket prices would go WAY down compared to what there at right now. With all these players contracts out, and alot of teams being able to be "in the market" its gonna be a whole new game. Im hoping that it wont just be a few good teams, that it would all be spread out, and leading to more interesting games and a great season :thumbsup:

hopefully we see it back soon

mac_82
07-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Ya I cant wait to see all the wheeling and dealing that goes on once the season is a go. Hopefully the Flames can keep their core group of players and sign a couple of great players. I have faith in Sutter to work his magic!

88CRX
07-01-2005, 04:20 PM
As much as i want to give them a big "fuck you" and not support them at all, i prolly couldnt.

I'll go crawling back and buy season tickets :nut:

dirty_magic
07-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Ill be glad to see the league back in action. Although Im sure there are a lot of people like me who are somewhat resentful towards the NHL after the long wait. I just hope they dont go to durastic with the rule changes, to the point where you cant even recognize the game.

mac_82
07-01-2005, 04:39 PM
I dont think the overall game will be that different. In the end it will probably look more like an international game. I wouldn't be surprised to see bigger ice + no red line, as well as smaller goalie equipement, more room between net + boards, etc etc. I think the will leave the shape of the net alone, as well as some of the other weird things they were trying.

hockeybronx
07-01-2005, 04:50 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Things are looking good!

I don't care who was wrong or who was right, all I want to do is see it come back!:thumbsup:

CdnSilverStreak
07-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I miss hockey... beating the crap out of my brother doesn't feel like the same thing... lol...

I'm not holding my breath though. I've heard this before, I'll believe it when it happens.

AznDragon2004
07-02-2005, 09:27 AM
You all gotta admit that the high price tickets were worth it during the flames playoff run. All the games were exciting.

Hakkola
07-02-2005, 09:47 AM
I believe they changed the size of the Goalie equipment already, and this would have been implemented last season if there was one, I could be wrong though. I do know for a fact that goalie equipment IS smaller this year though.

I think because of the lock out the game will be better than before, I can't wait til' the season begins. I don't blame the NHL, they did what they had to do, only way I'll be mad is if ticket prices remain the same.

Rav4Guy
07-02-2005, 09:59 AM
I believe that the Government of Canada was/is going to take over the NHL as hockey is Canada's heritage.

88CRX
07-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy
I believe that the Government of Canada was/is going to take over the NHL as hockey is Canada's heritage.

I think that email floating around was a joke :rofl:

duffspec
07-02-2005, 10:33 AM
I think leave the game how it is. The problem with the league is not that people don't want to watch it, it's that the loyal fans that supported the game get slaped in the face by the retardedly long lockout, outrageous ticket prices and having teams in markets that don't understand "hackie". I don't know about you but, those are the people you want to appeal to.

Hockey always should be hockey not lacross not football not basketball. I am so bitter by this lockout that the fucking owners and NHLPA should pay me for season tickets. :thumbsdow

lastprodigy
07-02-2005, 11:17 AM
wow if/when the game does come back...have you guys heard all the ridiculous rule changes.....as well as all the proposed rule changes which are even more ridiculous, like bigger, round nets, thick blue lines, illlegal defense penalties etc etc i cant remember the rest

tapout
07-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
wow if/when the game does come back...have you guys heard all the ridiculous rule changes.....as well as all the proposed rule changes which are even more ridiculous, like bigger, round nets, thick blue lines, illlegal defense penalties etc etc i cant remember the rest its true bigger nets no more tie games shoot outs

Lorne@UrbanX
07-02-2005, 02:38 PM
i have been a seasons ticket holder for a while now. I went to the relocation last week to re-pick my to new seats. I didnt see any discount on my season tickets///!!!

sho&go

88CRX
07-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by sho&go CRX
i have been a seasons ticket holder for a while now. I went to the relocation last week to re-pick my to new seats. I didnt see any discount on my season tickets///!!!

sho&go

hmmm, did you happen to notice if there are lots of empty seats or what?

like in the blacks?

5hift
07-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Am I the only one who doesnt really care about the NHL any more?

I had never followed hockey as much as I did during the last playoff run. However after watching the players ruin a reason due to greed, I lost all interest. I didnt agree with what the players were doing, but I would have at least respected them somewhat if they stuck to their "beliefs" and not cave as soon as their bank accounts starting to dip below the million mark after not reciving this years paychecks.

I might be one of the few, but I could really care less. I guess i'll be one of the former fans to take Jeremy Roenick's (sp?) advice and not go to games, not watch games, or buy nhlpa endorced products.

88CRX
07-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
Am I the only one who doesnt really care about the NHL any more?

I had never followed hockey as much as I did during the last playoff run. However after watching the players ruin a reason due to greed, I lost all interest. I didnt agree with what the players were doing, but I would have at least respected them somewhat if they stuck to their "beliefs" and not cave as soon as their bank accounts starting to dip below the million mark after not reciving this years paychecks.

I might be one of the few, but I could really care less. I guess i'll be one of the former fans to take Jeremy Roenick's (sp?) advice and not go to games, not watch games, or buy nhlpa endorced products.

were you a fan before the flames made it into the playoffs?

5hift
07-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Ive never been much of a flames fan, but I did follow the NHL pretty closely

Majestic12
07-07-2005, 06:56 AM
LA Times reporting the deal is done, subject to ratification.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nhl7jul07,0,742506.story?coll=la-home-sports

Booyah!

dirty_magic
07-07-2005, 07:22 AM
The one change that makes me cringe the most is the round nets, I can just imagine how many high shots will end up hitting defensemen or goalies in the head. However, I dont think it will come to that. I agree with the red line being taken out, that would make for a more wide open game.

bspot
07-07-2005, 09:49 AM
Lots of false information in here.:rolleyes:

1. Flames ticket prices will remain the same most likely.

2. The nets will be the exact same size

Rule changes are:

OT is 4 on 4 for 5 minutes, and then 3 on 3 for 3 minutes. Following that is a shootout.

Goalie equipment is smaller.

Redline is gone, except for icings.

Icing will be called if the defensive player skates back to the goal line first, waved off if an offensive player reaches the line first. The offending team can't change lines after an icing.

All players will recieve a penalty for shooting the puck out in the defensive zone, not just goalies.

Nets are moved back to where they used to be

Tag up offsides

Thicker blue lines.

Thats all I can remember for now.

Kimchee
07-07-2005, 10:10 AM
lockout is not done yet....pretty close though....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=129820

GO OIL BABY!!!...

dericer
07-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by bspot
Lots of false information in here.:rolleyes:

1. Flames ticket prices will remain the same most likely.

2. The nets will be the exact same size

Rule changes are:

OT is 4 on 4 for 5 minutes, and then 3 on 3 for 3 minutes. Following that is a shootout.

Goalie equipment is smaller.

Redline is gone, except for icings.

Icing will be called if the defensive player skates back to the goal line first, waved off if an offensive player reaches the line first. The offending team can't change lines after an icing.

All players will recieve a penalty for shooting the puck out in the defensive zone, not just goalies.

Nets are moved back to where they used to be

Tag up offsides

Thicker blue lines.

Thats all I can remember for now.

Where are you getting your information from?

I have only heard of them smaller equipment.

bspot
07-07-2005, 11:08 AM
^ A few places, but www.calgarypuck.com (the forums there) and www.hfboards.com are great places to keep up with the lockout.

The rule changes were in a memo leaked to TSN and I'm sure the article can still be found on their site.

ninjak84
07-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Who cares?

The NHL can suck my balls if they want my support again.
I was a Flames fan since 84, and watching hockey before I knew how to read. Now I hope they go bankrupt and move to the States.

Fucking game.

duffspec
07-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Who cares?

I was a Flames fan since 84, and watching hockey before I knew how to read. Now I hope they go bankrupt and move to the States.

Fucking game.

:werd:

Official Hoser
07-07-2005, 12:17 PM
At least they'll start broadcasting Hockey Night In Canada again on the CBC. I hate watching movies on TV.

And maybe Don Cherry can go back to his job and stop pimping Quizno Subs.

AcuraTl
07-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Who cares?

Fucking game.

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

fuckers care waaay more about money than their fans...fuxz0rz basketball all tha way now

88CRX
07-07-2005, 05:50 PM
the real hockey fans will go back.... everyone else :dunno: who knows, who cares.... better ticket for others then :D

asp integra
07-07-2005, 10:55 PM
i hope they play next year! i miss hockey

Kirbs17
07-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Just announced not too long ago that a deal has been made, and it is currently pending ratification:clap: :clap: finally!!

Link (http://www.tsn.ca/)

habsfan
07-13-2005, 08:07 PM
wow, believe it or not, i think jeremy roenick said it best! "its a terrible deal for the players! terrible! we're losing money left right and center! but you know what, who cares! we're back playing hockey! it's the game that matters!"

i think this is the first time ive ever respected something he's said

:clap: :clap:

Kobe
07-13-2005, 08:13 PM
WOOOO HOOO!!! Can't wait for next season :D

CRX-R
07-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
wow, believe it or not, i think jeremy roenick said it best! "its a terrible deal for the players! terrible! we're losing money left right and center! but you know what, who cares! we're back playing hockey! it's the game that matters!"

i think this is the first time ive ever respected something he's said

:clap: :clap:

I don't think that Roenick has EVER said anything best... :D

eb0i
07-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by CRX-R

I don't think that Roenick has EVER said anything best... :D

oh come on I think when he stated how the cheap quality of furniture in his hotel room and fellow USA team member rooms was the sole reason they were broken after their olympic loss was pretty good too.

CRX-R
07-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by eb0i

oh come on I think when he stated how the cheap quality of furniture in his hotel room and fellow USA team member rooms was the sole reason they were broken after their olympic loss was pretty good too.

:rofl: :rofl: