PDA

View Full Version : Gaining weight?

Rayne
07-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Help!
I'm trying to fatten up my boyfriend(His body is too disportionately skinny). He eats and eats but he just doesn't seem to gain any weight. So what's a good way to gain weight. I've tried feeding him all sort of food, but it's not working. He is active, he plays soccer all the time...

Would proteins work? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

lastprodigy
07-02-2005, 11:11 AM
cook him up one of these:

http://www.sitepalace.com/derian/

then some sweet tender lovin after :D

A790
07-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Feed him a high calorie diet, with lots of protein. Keep a good mix of fruits, veggies and meats. Include a good amount of milk, cheese and other dairies.

If he's using weights, try to get him to go on a more intenstive program... he may gain some mass that way.

Mad$ella
07-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
cook him up one of these:

then some sweet tender lovin after :D

You beat me to it

:D

Rayne
07-02-2005, 11:51 AM

Haha, my b/f will probably die of high cholesterol before he actually gains any weight :nut:

Celica TVS3
07-02-2005, 11:54 AM
How old is he?

If he is young and activce it will probably be pretty difficult to gain a significant amount of wieght without an extreamly difficult diet and workout plan.

There is no magic solution he has to eat more calories than he burns off. Make sure he eats breakfast, lunch and dinner, bring him healthy snacks between. I find I gain weight when i eat high quality foods instead of fast foods - I'm pretty sure they just get shit out. Look on the internet for a muscle building workout plan. If you stick to that he'l slowly put on weight.

But if he isn't unhealthy I wouldn't worry about it.

ronaldo
07-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Rayne
Help!
I'm trying to fatten up my boyfriend(His body is too disportionately skinny). He eats and eats but he just doesn't seem to gain any weight. So what's a good way to gain weight. I've tried feeding him all sort of food, but it's not working. He is active, he plays soccer all the time...

Thank you in advance.

:hijack: k thats kinda scary because u just described me too:dunno: ...i play soccer at least 3 times/week and eat like mad but cant seem to gain any weight. ive even tried those mass building protein shakes...seems my metabolism is much to fast. Any other help would appreciated

Tyler883
07-02-2005, 05:14 PM
WTF?

If you are skinny, but very active and healthy, then count yourself lucky!

IMO, stop trying to change things.

2.4l
07-02-2005, 05:26 PM
get a new boyfriend if you dont like the way that one looks, considering your trying to change him.. that might tell you something

Skyline_Addict
07-02-2005, 05:41 PM
eat carbohydrates and do high weight-low rep exercizes. dont' do anything else different as you want to keep stamina and endurance up as well.

Darkane
07-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Tell him to party harder with his friends. 12-24 hours of Binge drinking, followed by grease meals will kill him. In a good way. :) Oh and tell him to eat before Bed, alot of food = better sleep and gain the calories as body fat.... Or you could leave him and come with me LOL :rofl:

Sorry someone had to do it.

Rayne
07-02-2005, 06:46 PM
get a new boyfriend if you dont like the way that one looks, considering your trying to change him.. that might tell you something

yeah okay:nut:

How is trying to improve his diet, so he can gain some weight and be healthier trying to change him? I want him to gain weight because his current body mass is too low to even be considered normal.

Honestly, if you are going to be make a useless comment, then please don't reply at all.

hockeybronx
07-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Help!

Thank you in advance.

From observing other couples that I know where this is happening where one person will try to change the others eating habits (either to lose weight or gain weight), I'd say it's not likely you are going to have a lot of success.

To change a persons body significantly, THAT PERSON needs to have a ton of desire and committment to make those changes. By you suggesting to him what to eat and what not to eat how much do you really expect to change?

To gain lean body mass your boyfriend needs to partake in a consistant lifestyle of intense workouts, a proper healthy diet, and good sleep habits. He needs to follow this lifestyle everyday of his life, making sure he gets a good balance of protein as well as carbohydrates and fats, and he needs to be committed to a solid training regime. These kinds of changes don't take weeks, they take months. If he is really committed he wont give up after 2 weeks, it will be a part of his life for years to come.

If he really wants to make the change then I think he can do it, but it has to be him making the change. By you going on the internet trying to research how to change his body... if only it were that easy.

FiveFreshFish
07-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
To change a persons body significantly, THAT PERSON needs to have a ton of desire and committment to make those changes. By you suggesting to him what to eat and what not to eat how much do you really expect to change?

To gain lean body mass your boyfriend needs to partake in a consistant lifestyle of intense workouts, a proper healthy diet, and good sleep habits. He needs to follow this lifestyle everyday of his life, making sure he gets a good balance of protein as well as carbohydrates and fats, and he needs to be committed to a solid training regime. These kinds of changes don't take weeks, they take months. If he is really committed he wont give up after 2 weeks, it will be a part of his life for years to come.

:werd:
Piling on the calories without structured workouts will eventually make him a skinny guy with a spare tire. A workout isn't just playing soccer; it includes weight training, cardio and stretching.

1-Cent
07-04-2005, 12:10 PM
He has to do this himself if hes going to make it, its gotta be for him not for you.

A790
07-04-2005, 05:15 PM
One of the most effective ways to gain mass healthily is too increase the calorie intake and protein intake gradually in proportion to his current weight, a long with maintaining a good workout routine and a good amount of physical activity.

For example, if he weights 150 pounds and is eating 3000 calories a day you should make sure he's getting enough protein and increase his calorie intake by 500. You should eat between 1 and 2 grams of protein per day for each pound that you weigh if you want to increase your mass. For someone whos 150 pounds, between 150-300 grams of protein per day would do the trick.

Make sure that it's GOOD calories. You won't be helping him at all if he does a nice workout, then downs a can of coke for refreshment right after. Lots of protein, get as much fish in as you can, lots of colored fruits and green leafed vegetables. Don't forget about your dairy either ;)

A good diet with an increased calorie intake in proportion to his weight coupled with a good workout routine will get him more mass and more muscles relatively quickly (2-6 months). If he keeps at it, he could be in fantastic shape!

Some people have different ideas, but when I started doing exactly what I just wrote I was 167 lbs. I now tip the scales at 185 with only 7% bodyfat. I feel great.

lastprodigy
07-04-2005, 11:06 PM
how can you get an accurate readin of your bodyfat

A790
07-05-2005, 07:52 PM
how can you get an accurate readin of your bodyfat

The doctor should tell you at your physical. As well, most major gyms have a machine that can measure it for you. Next time you're at a gym, ask about it.

V6-BoI
07-06-2005, 03:22 AM
Just say "I'm not giving you any sex until you gain 20 more lbs"
I'm sure he'll find a way to pull that off

heavyD
07-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Tyler883
WTF?

If you are skinny, but very active and healthy, then count yourself lucky!

IMO, stop trying to change things.

Exactly. If you dream of a buff guy maybe you should look elsewhere. How would you feel if he told you to lose some weight?

bonnieclyde240
07-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Encourage him, don't badger him to gain weight though. I had that same problem as a child, and people feel just as bad when you tell them they need to gain weight just as much as telling them they need to lose it.

rmk
07-06-2005, 09:43 AM
this will work, trust me. wendy's classic triple, everyday (twice if he really loves you) for the next 2 months. by the time the leaves are changing you'll have yourself a nice fatass. And biggie size that mamma out.

:barf:

heavyD
07-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by rmk
this will work, trust me. wendy's classic triple, everyday (twice if he really loves you) for the next 2 months. by the time the leaves are changing you'll have yourself a nice fatass. And biggie size that mamma out.

:barf:

If we were in the US I would say eat a Carl Jr's $6 monster thick burger every day. I was quite impressed with the mass of them. Taste good too.:drool:

b_t
07-06-2005, 09:58 AM
my god the google ads for this thread are weird. I've got "Chubby Fat Girl" and "Fat Singles - Pics Galore"

If you want your bf to gain weight and are just going to get him two triple cheeseburgers every day, he's going to get fat. Get him to work out, have him drink a protein shake before working out and a protein & carb shake after working out, a good breakfast (cereal sucks, get him to eat sandwiches or something instead), a good mid-morning snack (granola bar and a yogurt), a healthy lunch (chicken sandwich, salad with low fat dressing) and a small midafternoon snack (just a granola bar) with a good supper with a lot of meat (steak will make him love you) and he will gain more muscle mass then fat and will maintain a physique of some kind.

Mr. Burns
07-06-2005, 10:05 AM
I am one of those guys who is impossibly skinny, and can eat whatever and not gain a pound... however since I turned 24 my metabolism is starting to change big time and I am gaining all sorts of weight... this could also have something to do with the fact that I am a systems admin and spend a good portion of the day sitting on my ass. What should I be doing for excercise (keeping in mind that I am extremely out of shape)?

Sorry for the :hijack:

b_t
07-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by mrburnsvw
I am one of those guys who is impossibly skinny, and can eat whatever and not gain a pound... however since I turned 24 my metabolism is starting to change big time and I am gaining all sorts of weight... this could also have something to do with the fact that I am a systems admin and spend a good portion of the day sitting on my ass. What should I be doing for excercise (keeping in mind that I am extremely out of shape)?

the best plan is to work it into in your daily routine. If you take the bus, for instance, start taking the next furthest away stop and walk there in the morning. When you feel good walking, step it up to a jog. Then move the stop further away, and so on. You could do that, or you could go for a walk at lunch. A good thing to do is to cut out any soft drinks from your diet. Switch to the diet version, at the very least, since diet pop has usually less then one calorie. This is really easy if you are a Pepsi drinker, but Coke drinkers are better off switching to Pepsi since Diet Coke is terrible.
Soft drinks are massive sources of calories with no real nutrition. They have the effect of making whatever you eat with them go straight to fat since they will fuck with your metabolism. Other things you can switch, eat white meat instead of dark meat, replace all your unhealthy snacks (chocolate bars, cookies) with your favorite fruits or vegetables, drink a meal replacement shake for lunch instead of buying food, or at least eat a good sandwhich on brown bread (peanut butter is really good for you, too, put peanut butter on there).
really there are so many things you can do to change your diet and improve your fitness, its impossible to just write them all here. If I were to recommend you a good book, I would say you should go pick up "The Abs Diet" book by Men's health. my dad has lost about 23 pounds in six weeks and now fits in size 34 pants again after wearing 36s and weighing around 220 pounds for most his life. last time he weighed himself he was down to 195. A major part of this was cardio four times a week and weight training three times a week, though. You can only do so much by changing your diet, and even then that will usually only stop weight gain, not promote weight loss.

Mr. Burns
07-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Wow, that is a quality reply! Thanks b_t. :)

hockeybronx
07-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by mrburnsvw

The key is being more conscious about what you are eating. If you are inactive the negative effects of eating unhealthy food are magnified. Some things I would suggest throughout your days at work:
- have a solid breakfast in the morning
- aim to drink 3-5 litres of water everyday (you wont feel as hungry and it speeds up your metabolism as your body tries to keep itself at normal temperatures)
- go for a quick walk/jog/run during your lunch break
- do "something" every night. Your body needs consistant exercise every night. It doesn't have to be extensive, it could be as easy as a 30 minute jog, or a half hour workout of some pushups and crunches.
- have a good sleep routine going (your body burns tons of calories while sleeping as it repairs itself)

Honestly if you discipline yourself with what you drink and eat, it's as simple as getting 30-60 minutes of heart-rate-raising exercise everyday:thumbsup:

Rayne
07-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Hi
Thx for all the suggestions mentioned above.

If I am not clear then I apologize. I never said I wanted a buff b/f...

He is underweight to a point in which we both* think it's unhealthy. I am going to try some suggestions above and we'll probably book an appointment to see a doctor if nothing changes.

So thanks!:)

codo
07-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Hi

He is underweight to a point in which we both* think it's unhealthy. I am going to try some suggestions above and we'll probably book an appointment to see a doctor if nothing changes.

dont worry he'll get fat as soon as his metabolism fails him ie 40, just look at his da for an estimate.

V6-BoI
07-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Hi

Unhealthy eh? How much does your bf wieght? And how tall is he? If it's at that state maybe your bf should see a doctor and ask him what they think. But yeah I'm sure you want your bf to gain healthy weight, and not have his artaries clogged to gain a few pounds.

eeseen racing
07-07-2005, 11:53 PM
ok make him eat 4 meals a day 1200-1400 calories and same for carbs per meal

BUT... he has to work out while doing this no cardio striclty weights. and it has to be good food not shit

protien powder 3 times per day as well as creatine

fivespeed
08-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Tell him to party harder with his friends. 12-24 hours of Binge drinking, followed by grease meals will kill him. In a good way. :) Oh and tell him to eat before Bed, alot of food = better sleep and gain the calories as body fat.... Or you could leave him and come with me LOL :rofl:

Sorry someone had to do it.

eating alot before you goto bed in the long run aint good for yea i used to do that all the time and then i started getting a pain in my chest every odd night...went to doctor told me to stop eating to much before i went to bed...Funny thing is i never gained a fricken pound.he didnt say stop eating just said eat a lil snack so that your body dont feed on your already existing food sources in your body,

the only way i can gain weight is by going swimming with my clothes on lol

Carfanman
08-16-2005, 07:28 PM

It would be funny if in that second to last pic, the pepsi he's holding is diet.

1-Cent
08-16-2005, 11:16 PM
10 Things I've had personal success with being that I'm an ectomorph myself and have a hard time gaining weight... hope it helps bro :thumbsup:

1. First and foremost, complex carbs are your friend! Pasta, breads, rice, etc. eat them and love them, 400-500g of carbs /day is what you should shoot for, even more if you can stomach it.

2. Lots of protien is also a must - try for 400g /day, but if you don't eat carbs like they're going out of style you'll just burn all that protien instead, trust me lean bulking does little good for an ecto, its all or nothing.

3. Forget what you heard about not eating before bed, instead, eat as big of a meal as possible before you goto bed, both carbs and protien! I've been known to take a pot of spaghetti to bed with me!

4. Even though most of us aren't as hungry in the morning, eat as much as you can before leaving the house, it was always a big mistake of mine to slack in the morning when I was half asleep!

5. Eat a meal every 2-2.5 hours depending on how long your day is, 6-8 meals is what you want. Cut down on snacking inbetween those meals, I've found that just hinders my ability to eat a full meal when the time comes, and whats 2 hours anyway?

6. Lift heavy, low reps, not too much rest between sets. Never longer than 1 hour working out and try to focus on compound excersizes like DL, bench, squat, they'll help pack on the mass faster than isolation. And make your workouts into no less than a 5 day split, in order to limit the duration of each.

7. Drop cardio, period. Some will argue its good for you, etc. and it probably is but it will slow you down in your quest for size, alot.

8. No crap food! If you're thinking you can bulk faster by eating cookies, chips, gummy bears, chocolate bars, you won't. In fact you probably won't even get fat, I never have, it seems to burn up almost as soon as it enters me, it'll just make you full.

9. Avoid anything that makes you too full for too long, look at the nutritional values, if theres not a hell of alot in it and it makes you full for 4 hours (like a meal at mcdonalds) then you just wasted 2 meals! Being full doesn't always mean you've eaten enough.

10. Stop reading this and go eat someinthing :drool:

hockeybronx
08-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by 1-Cent
10. Stop reading this and go eat someinthing :drool:

Haha

:werd: x10,000

three.eighteen.
08-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by 1-Cent

2. Lots of protien is also a must - try for 400g /day, but if you don't eat carbs like they're going out of style you'll just burn all that protien instead, trust me lean bulking does little good for an ecto, its all or nothing.

holy shit, that's gotta be expensive, how much do you weigh ?
i'm like uberecto 5'7 started working out at about 115-120 lbs, but i've managed to gain like 10-15 lbs this year eating pretty clean probably 150g-200g of protein a day

fivespeed
08-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Thats some pretty good info 1-cent.

1-Cent
08-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

holy shit, that's gotta be expensive, how much do you weigh ?
i'm like uberecto 5'7 started working out at about 115-120 lbs, but i've managed to gain like 10-15 lbs this year eating pretty clean probably 150g-200g of protein a day

I bounce between 230 and 240, I'm at a platue right now unfortunetly :(

I'm 5'10.5 and when I started working out at 15 I was the same height but about 135lbs, so probably the same build as you since I'm taller. I didn't gain much at all the first few years because I'm so ecto and didn't eat enough. If you want to grow you just have to over do it, clean bulking will never work in an acceptable time frame for ectos like us bro, it took me a long time to come to that but when I did, I grew.