PDA

View Full Version : Questions about importing MR2's....

James
07-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Has anyone heard of or used the import company www.jns-imports.com ?

Its time to buy an MR2 again :D..... I have a line on a '90 MR2 GT turbo thats in excellent shape with super low km's...to those who have imported MR2's I'm just curious what your experience has been like, any problems with importing etc..? how do you like your JDM MR2 compared to ours over here etc..? share any info you got.....thanks.

Ek9Max
07-03-2005, 03:38 AM
I bought one. its' been a PITA since I got it. maybe I got a bad one but I've had nothign but problems with it.

my motor popped after 2000km. only had 82,700km on it.

Import Concern as a company is great I found.

But I feel jdm cars aren't as in good condtion as canadian cars. I hade a 91t befor eI boguht this one.

But keep in mind this was just my experience.

James
07-03-2005, 12:49 PM
ya i've read you had some problems with yours....maybe you just got a lemon?:dunno: .....your 91t was an immaculate car though, it drives and looks amazing (im buddies with shay)...
apart from your experience ive heard that JDM cars are in pretty good shape and that they are generallly taken good care of.....but maybe not.

Ghettobaby
07-04-2005, 09:30 PM
I bought an 90 Turbo through import concern aswell and I've have had absolutly no problems with it. When it arrived it got some minor body damage, but I fixed that in a weekend (all except for a little bit of rust on the bottom corner of my driver side door). As far as mechanical things go, my car is mint, but it came with quite a few parts in the trunk, so I am assuming that whoever owned it before must have done some engine modifications. Overall I am very happy with my JDM import, and now my friend is saving his pennies to get one, so we will see if I just got lucky with my car.

Ek9Max
07-04-2005, 09:49 PM
yea maybe I am just not having luck. I go tit all painted and it looks in GREAT shape. Bu tit's just sitting there collecting dust for the moment. Getting some more upgrades soon though! :)