PDA

View Full Version : Pissy About Stupidity

CVPP
01-22-2003, 02:35 PM
I am sorry but I need to release some anger. I am so angry on kids who "pimp" out there civis or other honda's. Now, it is not the car but how they do it. They almost think that stickers will make their cars go faster. Or the Huge spoilers that do nothing. Now, if the car is fast you can do anything you want to it style wise but it is just so annoying to see neons and stickers that mean nothing because these kids have a problem with getting the damn car into first gear.
----Another annoyance is when people don't know how to shift or burn their clutches. This girl had a Prelude v-tech and was complaining it was too slow and draggin even after she put a super chip air intake new exhaust and a few other mods so of course we test drove it. Which she drove it and I was like wow! She is right this is really slow. So I decided to test the car. And I am not sure if she knows that when you hold the clutch in you can't speed up. Anyway, it damn near flew! It was pretty damn quick and she felt like an ass so please make sure you know how to SHIFT!!!!! I am new to the discussion and I love it!!

G
01-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by CVPP
I am sorry but I need to release some anger. I am so angry on kids who "pimp" out there civis or other honda's. Now, it is not the car but how they do it. They almost think that stickers will make their cars go faster. Or the Huge spoilers that do nothing. Now, if the car is fast you can do anything you want to it style wise but it is just so annoying to see neons and stickers that mean nothing because these kids have a problem with getting the damn car into first gear.
----Another annoyance is when people don't know how to shift or burn their clutches. This girl had a Prelude v-tech and was complaining it was too slow and draggin even after she put a super chip air intake new exhaust and a few other mods so of course we test drove it. Which she drove it and I was like wow! She is right this is really slow. So I decided to test the car. And I am not sure if she knows that when you hold the clutch in you can't speed up. Anyway, it damn near flew! It was pretty damn quick and she felt like an ass so please make sure you know how to SHIFT!!!!! I am new to the discussion and I love it!!

There are a lot of people with bad taste but it shouldn't make you angry, to each their own. It also doesn't mean that they are stupid maybe they just don't know better. Everyone was at that stage some time in their life.

Aleks
01-22-2003, 02:48 PM

My annoyance is when people say Preludes have V-TECH. :rolleyes:

lammer
01-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by altima

My annoyance is when people say Preludes have V-TECH. :rolleyes:

don't the sr-v's and last gen ludes have vtec?

bksze
01-22-2003, 02:52 PM

well i know you're new and all but before you make a post with regard to stupidity on a car forum, you might want to know that the number one cardinal sin when discussing vtec, is by spelling it vtech . . . but besides that, i agree with the fact that stupidity does piss a lot of people off, myself included . . . but hey, without dumb people, who am i going to take advantage of in life??

G
01-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by lammer

don't the sr-v's and last gen ludes have vtec?

He was trying to make the point that it is VTEC not V-tech. V-tech is a cordless phone I believe.

silverEL
01-22-2003, 02:54 PM
a shitty phone!

lammer
01-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by GSpot

He was trying to make the point that it is VTEC not V-tech. V-tech is a cordless phone I believe. .

ooh whoops, sorry guys.
yeah v-tech is a phone haha i have one on my computer desk right now..its sweet haha
because its V-TECH!!

CVPP
01-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Yes, the preludes do have vtec engines. I just needed to let alittle anger out haha...but it is so annoying.

rage2
01-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by silverEL
a shitty phone!

No way! My V-TECH phone rocks! :D

Melinda
01-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by rage2

No way! My V-TECH phone rocks! :D Haha mine too :)

Mel

CVPP
01-22-2003, 03:13 PM
haha..actually i just answered the phone and realized i have one too...haha weird anyway i feel like an ass by my typo but i deserve it haha but once again lude do have the vtec

GTS Jeff
01-22-2003, 05:14 PM
bah.....bashing on rice is played out. its the new rice.

Ben
01-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by rage2

No way! My V-TECH phone rocks! :D

Pffft...who needs a V-TECH Phone when you can go to car shows in style sporting a T-TECH HAT!!!!
hahahhaa
(sorry, its the only pic that I have that the hat is ACCIDENTLY in the photo.)

I think I'll wear it to the next meet I attend.
http://www.psylence.com/Junk/Cell/004.jpg

Nix87
01-22-2003, 05:28 PM
Ya my sis has a v-tech phone its pretty crappy oh well it was a present from me and it was cheap :D

Nick

mrmattyk
01-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Nix87
Ya my sis has a v-tech phone its pretty crappy oh well it was a present from me and it was cheap :D

Nick

My 2.4Ghz model gets mad range, and has lasted a long time given the amount of use based on the performance of our Sony cordless unit. The battery life is superb!

Ben
01-22-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk

My 2.4Ghz model gets mad range, and has lasted a long time given the amount of use based on the performance of our Sony cordless unit. The battery life is superb!
Its all about the 5.8GHz Y0! This thing has a range of like 12 city blocks or something crazy like that.

Anyone want one? only 329.95 man!
It has the best confidential scrabling on the market.

Digital: DSS
Display: Liquid Crystal
Can Display Non-Text Images
Number Dialed
Can Display List in Directory
Line In Use
Clock
Programming Instructions
Functions
Call Reason for Call Displays
Call Display Capable
Call Display PLUS (Name/Number)
Visual Call Waiting (Type 2)
Caller Log
Number Match to Name in Directory
Time Stamp
Date Stamp
Dial Back - Single Touch
Visual Message Waiting Indicator
CMS/Class/FSK
DMS 100 - Centrex
Speaker
Volume Control
Speakerphone
Intercom Answer
Handset
Volume Control
Hearing Aid Compatible
Background Noise Cancellation
Headset Capable
Headset or Handset Plugs Built in to Phone
2.5 mm Jack
Volume Control
Can Headset Work With Handset in Cradle
Dial Pad
Link / Flash
Speed Dial
Maximum # of digits: 32 digits per location, 50 memory locations
Supports Pause
Ringer
Volume Control
Ringer Off - Individual Lines
Programmed Ring Types - #: 8 plus vibrating ring type
Other
Wall Mountable
Requires wall plate
Auto Dial # on display
Tone / Pulse Switch
Line Cords
1 Pair Cords
Set Power Considerations
Flash Memory
Powered by: NiMH and AC adaptor
Battery life
Low battery indicator
Cordless
2.4 GHz: 5.8 GHz
# of Channels: 95
Standby Time: 7 days
Talk Time: 6 hours
Low Battery Indicator
Remote Charging Station
Auto Scan
Scrambling
Security Codes
Call Display in Handset
Lighted Key Pad
Page to Handset
Page to Base
Speakerphone in Handset
Belt Clip
Out of Range Warning

Additional handsets are only 160 bucks.

GingeRRRBeef
01-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Wow

how quickly thread topic deviated from the original topic!

But seriously I know that you're new, and you just wanna vent, but the whole ricer thing has been beaten to death.

ninjak84
01-22-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
bah.....bashing on rice is played out. its the new rice.

This needs repeating.

92 Teg-B18A
01-22-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
But seriously I know that you're new, and you just wanna vent, but the whole ricer thing has been beaten to death.
:werd:
it seams that every once in awhile someone will post on how much they dislike imports or domestics or what's done to them. Come on can't we just get along?

Mr. Grinch
01-22-2003, 09:19 PM
It's just someone's personal preference, don't let it get to you. The style doesn't do much for me either.. blinking valve stems, washer lights, neon lights and wipers, big stickers, and rear wings that seem to get bigger every year.

But on the other hand, maybe they aren't so bad. Put a nice sharp edge on those huge rear wings, and they'll keep the downtown bike couriers on their toes.

XylathaneGTR
01-22-2003, 09:38 PM
My V-Tech fone is 'tizight y0!'

Its silver an black...better than those shitty as seethru purple ones, my sister has one of those, and they're Gay-eh-ay-ay-ay!

And, to get back on the origional topic.
To each his Own.
what you said could be applied to almost everything.

Here's some fun examples:
"People who eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch are Faggots."
"People who wear AirForce1's are posers"
"People who wear expensive Italian Cloathing are Trendwhores"
"People who listen to Eminem are wannabe GhettoThugs"
(no, i dont thionk any of the above, i was jus sayin...please dont beat me.)
See, the list can go on and on...

jdmakkord
01-22-2003, 09:44 PM
haha I have that 5.8gig at home. PIMP!!!

Ajay
01-23-2003, 05:50 PM

I don't think I agree with your idea that ONLY if your car is fast you can do anything you want to it style wise. Everyone is allowed to do to their car anything they want whenever they want. And what difference does it make to you if a Prelude has altezza's and a big coffee can exhaust while another Prelude has altezzas a big coffee can exhaust AND a turbo?! I don't drive the fastest car but I'm planning on doing my style upgrades before my engine swap just cause it's gonna be cheaper! Don't get me wrong...I'm not down with decals and shit and I agree with you completely that the people that think adding a Civic Type R sticker to their car is gonna decrease their ET's deserves to be shot!

GingeRRRBeef
01-23-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Ajay

I don't think I agree with your idea that ONLY if your car is fast you can do anything you want to it style wise. Everyone is allowed to do to their car anything they want whenever they want. And what difference does it make to you if a Prelude has altezza's and a big coffee can exhaust while another Prelude has altezzas a big coffee can exhaust AND a turbo?! I don't drive the fastest car but I'm planning on doing my style upgrades before my engine swap just cause it's gonna be cheaper! Don't get me wrong...I'm not down with decals and shit and I agree with you completely that the people that think adding a Civic Type R sticker to their car is gonna decrease their ET's deserves to be shot!

I agree that anybody has the right to do anything to their cars but on the other hand, we still have the right to tease, make fun of anything we find disgusting.

I mean, really, it's their car right? Whatever shit they put on it, they will have to live with it. And if it's outta the norm, they're gonna have to put up with the ridicule and criticism.

Ajay
01-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

I agree that anybody has the right to do anything to their cars but on the other hand, we still have the right to tease, make fun of anything we find disgusting.

I mean, really, it's their car right? Whatever shit they put on it, they will have to live with it. And if it's outta the norm, they're gonna have to put up with the ridicule and criticism.

OH ABSOLUTELY!! I'm not saying people aren't allowed to tease and bug people about what they've done to their car's. I'm completely guilty of that but I just don't agree that you can only do style upgrades IF you have a fast car. I sure as hell don't but I know people are gonna call me a ricer or some other shit because I'll have a slow car (for the time being) that looks good!

What you may think is nice, other's may think looks like ASSSSS!!! And everyone is definetly entitled to their own opinion!

___2PaC___
01-23-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by G

There are a lot of people with bad taste but it shouldn't make you angry, to each their own. It also doesn't mean that they are stupid maybe they just don't know better. Everyone was at that stage some time in their life.

:werd:

Originally posted by Benny

Its all about the 5.8GHz Y0! This thing has a range of like 12 city blocks or something crazy like that.

Anyone want one? only 329.95 man!
It has the best confidential scrabling on the market.

Digital: DSS
Display: Liquid Crystal
Can Display Non-Text Images
Number Dialed
Can Display List in Directory
Line In Use
Clock
Programming Instructions
Functions
Call Reason for Call Displays
Call Display Capable
Call Display PLUS (Name/Number)