PDA

View Full Version : broken down lambo

dymz999
07-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Sorry had not time for pictures. I was stopped at a set of lights near rockyview hospital on 14th st S. I see this yellow lambo broken down in the turning lane. It was this nice yellow lambo. Now this is what I like and it is typical of most ferrari and lambo owners, they were too afraid to pop the hood to check things out and were sitting there on the phone and trying to wave people around the car so it wouldn't get hit where as they could have just pushed the car back like 15 feet so it would not be in anybody's way.

None the less this tops my encounters now, including the one guy in a red 355 ferrari spider that couldn't shift his car, poor transmission, i still remember that...

CryoCarnage
07-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Lambos are hard to drive. I saw on a show not to long ago they did too many cluch slips trying to drive that thign and it bropke down. But cool spotting :thumbsup:

dymz999
07-03-2005, 07:24 PM
the guy looked like he was panicking on this phone. It was quite funny. they thought people were gonna rear end him sitting there or something. he didn't even have hazards on lol.

EK 2.0
07-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by dymz999
Sorry had not time for pictures. I was stopped at a set of lights near rockyview hospital on 14th st S. I see this yellow lambo broken down in the turning lane. It was this nice yellow lambo. Now this is what I like and it is typical of most ferrari and lambo owners, they were too afraid to pop the hood to check things out and were sitting there on the phone and trying to wave people around the car so it wouldn't get hit where as they could have just pushed the car back like 15 feet so it would not be in anybody's way.

the guy looked like he was panicking on this phone. It was quite funny. they thought people were gonna rear end him sitting there or something. he didn't even have hazards on lol.

so then maybe he wasn't broken down but just on the phone??

JAYMEZ
07-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Yah , maybe he lost all his stocks and was going bankrupt? :banghead: :D

Hell i would stop if that happened

Kobe
07-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Saw a nice benz getting towed right off of glenmore.. and a ferrari parked infront of it today.. with 2 more cars..

I dunno if it was an accident or what happened...

dymz999
07-03-2005, 07:53 PM
No i'm pretty sure he was panicking lol. he was looking at the hood and looking under the car and looked very confused. two younger guys. i know one thing for sure, i would hate to see the repair bill.

They must not have known anything about the car except that it was fast lol.

EK 2.0
07-03-2005, 08:26 PM
No i'm pretty sure he was panicking lol. he was looking at the hood and looking under the car and looked very confused. two younger guys. i know one thing for sure, i would hate to see the repair bill.

or that their dad was gonna kill them after he found out the kids took it for a joyride...:dunno:

ryder_23
07-03-2005, 08:29 PM
No i'm pretty sure he was panicking lol. he was looking at the hood and looking under the car and looked very confused.

Hopefully they knew the engine was in the back, and was looking at the "trunk" (to us non rear engine people :rofl: ) or else they truly didnt know anything about the car. Or maybe they locked the "hood" and couldnt get there blow out

Xtrema
07-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
or that their dad was gonna kill them after he found out the kids took it for a joyride...:dunno:

http://www.handbag.com/graphics/library3/ferrisbeuller.jpg

Oooooh yeeeaaahhh.......

AllGoNoShow
07-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Kind of on the same topic, Porsche left rear axle snapped, wheel off the porsche broken down on John Loury*sp*, they moved all the construction signs behind it so people would go around lol.

Lo)2enz0
07-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Oooooh yeeeaaahhh.......

thats the first thing thats came into my mind as well

b_t
07-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Yah , maybe he lost all his stocks and was going bankrupt? :banghead: :D

Hell i would stop if that happened

haha I would have sped up and crashed into the center posts under a bridge. After taking off my seatbelt.

CryoCarnage
07-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by b_t

haha I would have sped up and crashed into the center posts under a bridge. After taking off my seatbelt.

:rofl:

BigBearWest
07-04-2005, 01:47 AM
I got a pic with my camera phone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/BigBearWest/6301022_20819188_0.jpg

JAYMEZ
07-04-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Oooooh yeeeaaahhh.......

Time to put it on kick stands , and put it on reverse... Dad will never find out :D

dymz999
07-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Good to see someone got my point, they were seriously checking under the front of the car for some reason, not the back like you'd think. My bet is the tard over revved the engine while trying to impress some chick. the two guy in it looked to be in their early to mid 20's. Just like the tards in the ferrari 355 spider i saw two days ago.

whats funny is people that have money like that and have such cars could know so little about something they spent 300 grand on.

rage2
07-04-2005, 09:54 AM
The jealousy in this thread is hilarious.

You know, they could be getting tools from the front of the car. Or they could be getting stuff out of the car for towing. Just because someone is mid 20's and can afford a lambo doesn't mean they don't realize the engine's in the back. I mean honestly, if the engine stopped running, looking at it ain't gonna do shit. What are you gonna do, pull the head off at the side of the road? lol.

My bet is the tard over revved the engine while trying to impress some chick.
:rofl:. You got all that information from seeing the car parked on the side of the road? You should work for Lamborghini.

EK 2.0
07-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Good to see someone got my point, they were seriously checking under the front of the car for some reason, not the back like you'd think. My bet is the tard over revved the engine while trying to impress some chick. the two guy in it looked to be in their early to mid 20's. Just like the tards in the ferrari 355 spider i saw two days ago.

whats funny is people that have money like that and have such cars could know so little about something they spent 300 grand on.

so it's all assumptions??...I mean they might have bottomed out the front...and over-revving and exotic...I mean they are just like our plain brown wrapper cars...they all have rev-limiters and the like. In fact I would ASSUME even more so, knowing the damage that an ovver-revved F355 motor would cost teh individual vs a basic SR20, or B18C5...

sleeper
07-04-2005, 11:24 AM
I drove by as he was getting loaded on the flat bed. Who knows what happened maybe he ran out of gas ;)

JAYMEZ
07-04-2005, 11:34 AM
^^ Lol , that would be embarassing

rage2
07-04-2005, 11:39 AM
hehe you'd be surprised at how often you can run out of gas, when you have a gas guzzling car, and you're stuck using 94 octane ;).

Twice for me now haha.

dymz999
07-04-2005, 12:45 PM
I dont think i get very jealous of people that have cars that are just for show and dont do crap with them, most of these lambo and ferrari guys have no balls and the ones that do well they should take some hardcore driving lessons. I think this is why i'd prefer a viper over a ferrari or lambo anyday since the people driving the vipers actually do race them every now and then.

And no they were not taking garbage out. At one point the guy was on his knees looking under the car to see if anything was happening. Some lady in a corolla came from behind and nearly smashed into them because they didn't even have HAZARD lights on, what lambo's dont come with them. I would have paid to have seen that since the lambo owner's would have been at fault. I was stopped at the lights for a few good minutes and it was just an interesting scene watching them try to tell drivers to go around the car...

Very stupid...

rage2
07-04-2005, 12:52 PM
I dont think i get very jealous of people that have cars that are just for show and dont do crap with them, most of these lambo and ferrari guys have no balls and the ones that do well they should take some hardcore driving lessons. I think this is why i'd prefer a viper over a ferrari or lambo anyday since the people driving the vipers actually do race them every now and then.
And how would you know they don't run at the track? There's an exotics car club in town that run track events monthly. I see tons of Lambos and Ferraris on the track but since it's a private event, of course you wouldn't know about it. ZR Auto runs their own track events, they had a shitload of Ferraris at the track last Friday.

I just don't get your assumptions and reasoning for the accusations of the lambo owner. Pretty lame.

E36M3
07-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Funny thing about an exotic car is that when (usually it is when, not if) they do break down, you will never get any sympathy. Better keep your AMA membership current.

As for Lamborghinis, I doubt it requires a lot of work to break one.. it probably had nothing to do with the owner.

Any car that it tuned to put out the kind of power that a Murcielago is running is going to have some reliability issues.. I've never seen an exception.. the candle that burns twice as bright goes out twice as fast.

ZorroAMG
07-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Haters...

It's like everyone bashing on here is a Lamborghini test driver and would DIY the repairs right there if they owned it. :rolleyes:

This thread is WEAK. Go do something to better yourself instead of posting lameness out of spite:poosie:

EK 2.0
07-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by rage2

And how would you know they don't run at the track? There's an exotics car club in town that run track events monthly. I see tons of Lambos and Ferraris on the track but since it's a private event, of course you wouldn't know about it. ZR Auto runs their own track events, they had a shitload of Ferraris at the track last Friday.

I just don't get your assumptions and reasoning for the accusations of the lambo owner. Pretty lame.

he assumes, cause he is a HATER sipping on his HATERADE

dymz999
07-04-2005, 01:04 PM
LOL sorry how about you go up and try to talk to them and see how they respond to you. I talked to one guy in a ferrari 355 spider that was pretty nice, the rest of them that i have had the chance to speak to have all been quite rude. Hence why i couldn't give a crap for them.

Why do they run private? are they afraid their 1/2 million dollar car can be outdone by a little 4 cylinder japanese car.....

EK 2.0
07-04-2005, 01:06 PM
LOL sorry how about you go up and try to talk to them and see how they respond to you. I talked to one guy in a ferrari 355 spider that was pretty nice, the rest of them that i have had the chance to speak to have all been quite rude. Hence why i couldn't give a crap for them.

Why do they run private? are they afraid their 1/2 million dollar car can be outdone by a little 4 cylinder japanese car.....

every single exotic owner I have ever spoken to has been more than gracious to answer questions and allow for pics as well...

Shit one owner even took mr for a rip thru downtown in his F355 and I didn't even know him was only amazed by his car in the Eau Claire parking lot.

As far as running private...if you are part of the EXOTICS car club then you can run with them...it's just like a Beyond Track day...if you aren't part of beyond you really aren't gonna know about it...or a Speedtech track day, or anyone elses for that matter...

E36M3
07-04-2005, 01:07 PM
I've always had positive experiences with people driving high end cars. More likely they are worried about a 16 year old kid in a 4k Civic rear ending their $500k car.. I wouldn't run a Lambo on a crowded track under any circumstances. It isn't about beating civics, it is about having fun.

dymz999
07-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Unfortunately there aren't enough exotic owners that actually buy their car for the right reason, it is usually just a "status" thing and somthing to seriously show off, and well i think we can all agree they do it quite well.

But still c'mon how many retards can turn on hazard lights so their car doesn't get hit from behind while sitting right up near the front of the turning lane?

And i'm no hater, i think all cars that are nicely done up are quite cool regardless of make except for some of the more uhmmm ugly things you sometimes see. But each to their own, but sorry these guys were TARDS!

Nice car but TARDS! My guess is they live on pump hill probably in the 11 million dollar house! LOL.

EK 2.0
07-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Nice car but TARDS! My guess is they live on pump hill probably in the 11 million dollar house! LOL.

again with your hating...:rolleyes:

brandon
07-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Unfortunately there aren't enough exotic owners that actually buy their car for the right reason, it is usually just a "status" thing and somthing to seriously show off, and well i think we can all agree they do it quite well.

But still c'mon how many retards can turn on hazard lights so their car doesn't get hit from behind while sitting right up near the front of the turning lane?

And i'm no hater, i think all cars that are nicely done up are quite cool regardless of make except for some of the more uhmmm ugly things you sometimes see. But each to their own, but sorry these guys were TARDS!

Why the hell do you care what they bought their car for? Im sure they don't give a shit what you do with yours. They most likely live in pumphill yes. So what? are you trying to prove a point? yes they are rich... Im sure anybody could of guessed.

All I think when I read this thread is that you have some serious envy of the rich.

dymz999
07-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Envy the rich? Sorry now your the one making assumptions... maybe you assume people on here aren't well off or something? Some just spend money differently lol.

rmk
07-04-2005, 01:32 PM

30 million.

rage2
07-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Back in the mid 90's, the exotic car club let a lot of random people in. Guys with very pricy cars learning how to drive them were getting hunted down in corners, getting forced offline, etc. Rules changed and getting in the club is a lot harder now. Private event makes it so only mature drivers are there to have fun. There's very fast civics in the exotic car club too. Rules are very strict, and you only run in the group you're comfortable with.

Does that answer your question? Now I have a question for you. When's the last time you were at a track day?

EK 2.0
07-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Does that answer your question? Now I have a question for you. When's the last time you were at a track day?

Game, Set, Match...

Boost Infested
07-04-2005, 01:38 PM

You know, they could be getting tools from the front of the car. Or they could be getting stuff out of the car for towing. Just because someone is mid 20's and can afford a lambo doesn't mean they don't realize the engine's in the back. I mean honestly, if the engine stopped running, looking at it ain't gonna do shit. What are you gonna do, pull the head off at the side of the road? lol.

:rofl:. You got all that information from seeing the car parked on the side of the road? You should work for Lamborghini.

OWNED! :rofl:

Randyn
07-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Dymz999

to Quote:

My answer is no. Our cars will kill your 4 cylinder. It is because we are afraid of that wheel that is held on with only 3 out the four bolts may come flying of and hit us.

Our cars are aluminum - yours is pressed steel and fibreglass. Easy to fix yours hard to fix ours.

Broken down lambo - I know the owner - very mechanically inclined. Toolkit in the front. Hence looking in the front.

The thing with exotics is that parts cost approximately 10x what your lil civics part cost. Example an oil filter for a civic **** edited not to be ofeensive to anyone**** is approx $5. For my testarossa - $50.

So....it's like this...if there is something wrong with your car...don't screw around with it!!!!!Take it to the doctor and get him to fix it. These are not cars that you tinker with.

BTW I am not a prick when it comes to the exotic car ownership - I've shown people my car. Taken them for rides, let them sit in it.

Why ..because they are appreciative and respectful.

Jerks...I don't have the time of day for them

So maybe stop being a jerk and exotic car owners will talk to.
The yellow lambo owner is a self made man- no inheritence, no lottery. Just plain and simple worked his ass off and was very good at what he did. On top of that, he and his wife ( 360 owner ) are the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Presumptive comments about his lack of knowledge show me that you have no respect for people and you don't have enough life experience to make a comment about anyone regardless of their social status, mental status, physical status.

rmk
07-04-2005, 03:05 PM
randyn: his thoughts about the owner and his car were out of line, but the jap crap comments didn't help you illustrate your point.

JCX
07-04-2005, 04:21 PM
We see broken down cars every day without blinking. But when it's an exotic all the jealous ones gather around and whack off. Cars break no matter what brand they are. A true car guy would have tried to give the guy a hand instead of heading to a computer or grabbing a camera. I hope to encounter one of you jokers broken down on the road so I can snap some pics and post them on the internet. :zzz:

We're the car group that get's the least respect, and when I see threads like this I'm embarassed to own a sport compact.

Randyn
07-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by rmk
randyn: his thoughts about the owner and his car were out of line, but the jap crap comments didn't help you illustrate your point.

RMK,

Point well taken and post edited.
My apologies to anyone I offended

They call that the "trigger finger" syndrome

AllGoNoShow
07-04-2005, 05:38 PM
dymz wtf is your point? I got hazards but they don't work, you going to go bitch to possibly 25,000 people on a forum about how my blinkers don't work, boo hoo.

If my ass is waving you around and I am on the side of the road, that should be good enough, yes hazards are a help but if Im standing in the road trying to tell u something, you going to just run me over until u see the car?

finboy
07-04-2005, 05:51 PM
the hate is strong in this thread :rofl:

Hakkola
07-04-2005, 09:24 PM
We had a blue Gallardo in the shop today :D It was just a problem with the tire pressure sensor or something to that effect. VERY nice car. Nice guy as well.

dymz999
07-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Sorry i'm still laughing. What does rich or self earned man have to do with this? Like I said before nice car but the owners, uhmm well whatever, each to their own. Should have at least gotten the car out of harm's way. God knows if I had a car worth that much i wouldn't let it just sit in the middle of the road.

But to that other point, your exotic cars would cream the 4 cylinder japanese cars? Rather confident, well maybe against slower cars.

Like I said i'm no hater, but it was just funny to see thats all.

BigBearWest
07-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Sorry i'm still laughing. What does rich or self earned man have to do with this? Like I said before nice car but the owners, uhmm well whatever, each to their own. Should have at least gotten the car out of harm's way. God knows if I had a car worth that much i wouldn't let it just sit in the middle of the road.

But to that other point, your exotic cars would cream the 4 cylinder japanese cars? Rather confident, well maybe against slower cars.

Like I said i'm no hater, but it was just funny to see thats all.

He was in the left turning lane. How much more out of the way did you want him to be?

finboy
07-04-2005, 10:33 PM
why laugh when someones car breaks down? it happens, hell it happened to me 8 times in a year and a half, i sure wouldn't want an entire thread related to me every time i broke down with everyone hating on me.

there was exotics at tonights track meet, where was your japanese 4cyl?

dymz999
07-04-2005, 10:48 PM
He was actually right up near the front of the turning lane, not the best spot but not the worse.

My view on exotics has always been that they are the nicest looking cars around, period. Speed wise anything can be fast and there are cars, 4 cylinder japanese cars that are just as fast here in this city.

none the less, i just fount it interesting, some people take it too far though unfortunately.

EK 2.0
07-04-2005, 10:58 PM
none the less, i just fount it interesting, some people take it too far though unfortunately.

like you...just quit now...you SHOULD have like 10 posts ago...

/////AMG
07-05-2005, 06:15 AM
Ohh what a CRAPPY thread. :(

b_t
07-05-2005, 08:00 AM
My view on exotics has always been that they are the nicest looking cars around, period. Speed wise anything can be fast and there are cars, 4 cylinder japanese cars that are just as fast here in this city.

wow, so where is this 4 cylinder japanese import that sprints to 60mph in 3.6 seconds on street tires? will it run a 12 second quarter mile at over 120mph on those same street tires? :nut:

and remember, DSMs aren't Japanese, I haven't seen a turbo or supercharged S2000 in Calgary yet, and it is nigh-impossible to go that fast on street tires in a FWD of any kind. 300ZXs, rotaries, 350Zs, and so on aren't four cylinders either... and I haven't seen a 240 go 12 flat yet at the track.

boi-alien
07-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by b_t

wow, so where is this 4 cylinder japanese import that sprints to 60mph in 3.6 seconds on street tires? will it run a 12 second quarter mile at over 120mph on those same street tires? :nut:

and remember, DSMs aren't Japanese, I haven't seen a turbo or supercharged S2000 in Calgary yet, and it is nigh-impossible to go that fast on street tires in a FWD of any kind. 300ZXs, rotaries, 350Zs, and so on aren't four cylinders either... and I haven't seen a 240 go 12 flat yet at the track.

to add to that, these cars are stock. and most of them are ALL MOTOR!

iceburns288
07-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by b_t
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The only worthwhile thing you've ever said!

hah. Out of all the track days I've seen, I've never seen a Viper there. But, of course, I'm sure you know more about it than I do.

No, we're afraid that a kid in a $10k car would thrash his car and do something careless to hit a $200k car on a place WHERE INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER.

Originally posted by E36M3
More likely they are worried about a 16 year old kid in a 4k Civic rear ending their $500k car..

It isn't about beating civics, it is about having fun.
He's exactly right.

iceburns288
07-05-2005, 10:54 AM

Hmm... well considering everyone else here has had good experiences with exotic owners maybe it's YOU being the ass and it's YOUR fault they don't like you. Has that ever occurred to you?

Hash_man
07-05-2005, 11:35 AM
I saw this lambo getting loaded onto the flatbed at that intersection... pretty nice looking car, looked like it had HRE's :drool:

dymz999
07-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by b_t

I dont know if many of the guys in ferrari's or lambo's could even run them at the track speeds that i've seen posted from the "professional" drivers, you know mid 12's. Besides about 2 months ago I saw a silver ferrari "trying" to race a bike which resulted in the guy getting pulled over. My guess was he got tagged going 100+ kph over the limit. Some of them have crazy sized balls to pull stuff like that off mind you.

ca2p3r
07-05-2005, 07:26 PM

:thumbsdow lame sarcasim :banghead:

ca2p3r
07-05-2005, 07:27 PM
rage2 did you used to have a bmw that was frequently in for work at tirecraft on mcleod?

rage2
07-05-2005, 10:11 PM
no, i had a ferrari.

ca2p3r
07-06-2005, 11:02 PM
oh i thought i met you in there with mike :dunno:

E36M3
07-07-2005, 11:22 AM
nice.. what kind?

no, i had a ferrari.