PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood Screen Driving Disable thing

Nate25
07-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey just installed my Kenwood Screen and dvd head unit. Says Cannot use while driving BS now all i got left running of the screen is a brown mute wire which i believe cell phone. And a Green wire which i dont know what it is. Now Im wondering in order for that thing to turn off the screen so i can see my DVD playing do i have to wire that green wire into my E-Brake so that when i pull it up it'll have some power going into it telling the screen that its up?

BlkMaxima
07-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Ok the wire used for the brake light is + and the one for the E-Brake is - so just use two switches and you can see it play whenever you want!

Nate25
07-03-2005, 05:58 PM
I only have the green wire left, so what do I do with that?
I Tried wiring it into my e-brake wire and it didnt do anything it still says cannot use while driving..
any ideas???

TaiChino
07-03-2005, 07:45 PM
When ur wired to your ebrake and it is up, it is sending a ground (-) telling your deck that your vehicle is stopped. Now I believe that you can just constantly ground that wire, tricking the system into believing your ebrake is always up.

Nate25
07-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Ya im half retared i forgot a wire coming off the deck that was the one i needed. Works great now :thumbsup:

inam
07-11-2005, 11:44 AM
haha thats funny nate! lol...