PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Home Makeover

d-UNiT
07-03-2005, 11:01 PM
omg

i just watched this show, and i have to say im very very impressed, that was the most heartlifting television program ive seen in my life, they totally hooked this deserving family up, ill search for a link of the story but i feel so good about living right now and humanity, i just wanted to get it off my chest, and to see if anyone else saw this ep...

mac_82
07-03-2005, 11:05 PM
which one was it? what channel? i was working on some that were filmed in calgary.

d-UNiT
07-03-2005, 11:07 PM
an extreme home make o ver in calgary?!?!?!?!?!

crazy.. no this one was an aspiring basketball star who had a full ride scholarship to uni., but got shot mistakenly, and became a parapeligic,... and they were living in a small shack with 8 people..

Melinda
07-03-2005, 11:11 PM
I LOVE that show, every single damn episode makes me bawl my eyes out! Haha my mom's the same way though. Even the men in our family (brother, dad, boyfriend) have been known to happily sit through an episode! My favorite is Cassandra, the little girl recovering from cancer or the lady who was killed in iraq and her two kids were taken in by her parents who were living in this tiny awful little trailer. They got them like 50 acres of land and built them a freakin mansion! Those two are the ones that really stand out, but i try not to miss one. I caught most of tonight's episode, nice touch to have the wedding in that one!

Oh yeah, the family who has 2 deaf parents, one severely disabled son and one completely normal son. Astouding family and super amazing work done on behalf of the team!

Haha awesome show indeed! I think it's on at 8:00 Sunday nights on channel 6, but there are re-runs throughout the week

d-UNiT
07-03-2005, 11:13 PM
i also liked the cassandra ep from last week she was such a cutie eh

Melinda
07-03-2005, 11:14 PM
^^ The cassandra episode is actually a month or two old, last week was a re-run :burnout:

d-UNiT
07-03-2005, 11:15 PM
haha shes still so cute right?

Melinda
07-03-2005, 11:18 PM
Yeah, she's adorabe! I sent off for some information on those necklaces she makes, still waiting to hear back but they said it might be a while until they were fully functionable :)

d-UNiT
07-03-2005, 11:19 PM
oh really

that could be a cute little gift to give to a girl.. especially since all proceeds go to charity...

Melinda
07-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Haha :werd: especially since a cute little girl made it especially for her ;)

nismodrifter
07-03-2005, 11:26 PM
its a pretty good show I must say, I try and watch it whenever I can, some true life changers for sure

Thaco
07-04-2005, 07:13 AM
its a good show but sometimes it just annoys me when do take a house thats alreeady worth like $400k and make it in to a $2 million house.. if you ahve a $400k house, you dont need the help.

When its a broken down shit shack with holes in the floor like last night then its nice.

d-UNiT
07-04-2005, 10:40 AM
i dont remember a house worth 400k when ive ever watched...

SikAssR1
07-04-2005, 10:46 AM
I want to shove that megaphone up Ty's ass

rmk
07-04-2005, 11:01 AM
very cool show. not only do they build a great house for deserving people, they tell a story at the same time that actually means something. people can learn about renos/design ideas and life lessons at the same time.

the blonde designer Paige is CUTE! :love: :love: :angel:

abyss
07-04-2005, 11:03 AM
I watched that one last night too! I bawled! Oh man, I couldn't think of a more deserving family. There was one I saw about a farm family that had this really great turn of the century house that they were redoing when the dad died in an accident, Ty pulled the dad's old work boots out of the closet still with mud on them and I lost it. I bawled for the rest of the episode. I think it's a great thing they do for these families.

QuasarCav
07-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by SikAssR1

:werd:

Instead of 1, 2 million dollar upgrade why dont they get a few thousand people off the crank.

hondafetish
07-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by SikAssR1

you and the rest of the design crew.

googe
07-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
its a good show but sometimes it just annoys me when do take a house thats alreeady worth like $400k and make it in to a $2 million house..

except that doesnt happen?

JAYMEZ
07-04-2005, 01:44 PM
^^ First episod , they renovated a decent house with a swimming pool and such.. more like a 250k house though.

d-UNiT
07-04-2005, 02:05 PM
most of the time it isnt about the house, its about the family, and the hardships they go through to live together..

i can have a pool and still have a pos, the pool could be in bad condition etc..

the shows awesome, you cant knock them for the awesome work they do regardless whom they help