PDA

View Full Version : 94 octane in Lethbridge?

kenny
07-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Are there any gas stations that have 94 octane fuel in Lethbridge?

sunfiredude
07-03-2005, 11:24 PM
hmm i havent seen any so far! been here for 3 years....maybe i just havent been looking but i havent noticed any or else i would be running it

i would assume maybe a turbo or mohawk somewhere here has 94:dunno:

R-Audi
07-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Husky and Mohawk are 92.. thats it unless you add Toluene!

crazydave
07-04-2005, 03:02 PM
i have never seen 94 octane in lethy

D. Dub
07-04-2005, 05:15 PM
The only ones I know of anywhere in western Canada are Husky/Mohawk.

sunfiredude
07-04-2005, 05:55 PM
yeah i know there are a few in cgy but none here that ive seen

ryder_23
07-05-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by D. Dub
The only ones I know of anywhere in western Canada are Husky/Mohawk.

Chevron has them at every station in bc.

As well as petro canadas (maybe not everyone, but i know they do carry it)

Its as easy to get 94 in bc (lower atleast) as it is to pick up a prostitute on robson.

Bitron
08-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Why not just use a boost? Less hassle.

kenny
08-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Bitron
Why not just use a boost? Less hassle.

:banghead: :rofl:

rage2
08-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Its as easy to get 94 in bc (lower atleast) as it is to pick up a prostitute on robson.
That's not true. Took forever to find me a hooker on robson! :rofl:

benyl
08-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by rage2

That's not true. Took forever to find me a hooker on robson! :rofl:

You were looking on the wrong street. The hookers you are looking for are on Davie.

rage2
08-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by benyl
You were looking on the wrong street. The hookers you are looking for are on Davie.
WTF is on Davie?

benyl
08-22-2005, 04:26 PM
The extra "special" hookers aparently hangout on Davie St. The ones that "look" like a lady, but walk like a man.

Seymore has the expensive "real" ones...

W. Hasting, W. Pender and Keefer have the crack whores... hahaha

(I got a tour from my cousin's friend last time I was there).

rage2
08-22-2005, 04:31 PM
The extra "special" hookers aparently hangout on Davie St. The ones that "look" like a lady, but walk like a man.

:barf:

Nice excuse with your cousin there buddy!

EK 2.0
08-22-2005, 04:32 PM

Dude you know WAY too much about the Van hookah scene...haha

garagefujimoto
08-22-2005, 04:52 PM
no god darn 94 here, stuck with that low octane piss

i was so happy in bc, chevron got my love

http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/userfiles/garagefujimoto/evanlove3.JPG

Audio_Rookie
08-22-2005, 07:00 PM
lol

Ironically if you look at the octane rating, supreme shows 91 octane in the pic.
Here is an easy way to reach high octane, add lots of acetone, or convert to propane (105 octane).

O and for you guys in lethbridge that are really pushing high boost and performance.....Evan....and a select few cars in Lethbridge that actually need it...

Go to the airport, for $1.20/L you can get....106 octane I think it is.....that should support PLENTY of boost and performance, and not much more expensive than regular gas.

benyl
08-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie
lol

Ironically if you look at the octane rating, supreme shows 91 octane in the pic.

He is hugging the 94 octane pump. It is a seperate pump so you don't get a hose full of 87 if the guy before you bought that. Husky on 14th street needs to learn from the other huskys and Chevron.

Sharpie
08-22-2005, 08:09 PM

Go to the airport, for $1.20/L you can get....106 octane I think it is.....that should support PLENTY of boost and performance, and not much more expensive than regular gas.
Isn't it $500 for a barrel of it?

CdnSilverStreak
08-22-2005, 08:22 PM
There is no 94 octane here in Lethbridge. Alex (ScoopSTi) has been looking for it for his STi... but he only knows of it in Calgary.

garagefujimoto
08-26-2005, 12:21 AM
ya the 94 pump is seperate, it's for the cool people
and yes the airport has high octane, but i beleive lead is in it

RickDaTuner
08-26-2005, 12:54 AM
lol

Here is an easy way to reach high octane, add lots of acetone, or convert to propane (105 octane).

O and for you guys in lethbridge that are really pushing high boost and performance.....Evan....and a select few cars in Lethbridge that actually need it...

seroulsy? man i need me a 60gal drum.. lol

kiyo
08-26-2005, 06:32 AM
Just I want to notice for people who
shipped car from Japan about octane.

If you have 180SX or Skyline,,,whatever car shipped from Japan,
you charge charge 94 octane gas or 106 octane gas@airport.

the reason is, Japanese gas has at least 95 octane.
(Usually, regular gas is 95 octane, and Preminum gas is 98 octane)

and Japanese car (like,,,180&silvia&skyline) is designed for
98octane. so you know,,, use octane booster or get good gas
sometimes and take care of it.

when I was planning to shipp a car from Japan, I heard the
story the imported motors are "possibly" blown up by low octane gas. That's why I didn't ship a car from Japan....
I heard this story from the shop which shipping imported car from Japan to worldwide.

I'm sorry, this is no relationship with this topic...

Mightaswell
08-26-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by kiyo
the reason is, Japanese gas has at least 95 octane.
(Usually, regular gas is 95 octane, and Preminum gas is 98 octane)

and Japanese car (like,,,180&silvia&skyline) is designed for
98octane. so you know,,, use octane booster or get good gas
sometimes and take care of it.

The Japanese rate their gas a little differently then us. They use RON. North America uses something else. Anyways, the way it goes is:

91 RON = 87 NA
95 RON = 91 NA
98 RON = 94 NA

You silvias and skylines are safe.

kiyo
08-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Mightaswell

The Japanese rate their gas a little differently then us. They use RON. North America uses something else. Anyways, the way it goes is:

91 RON = 87 NA
95 RON = 91 NA
98 RON = 94 NA

You silvias and skylines are safe.

Wow, RON and NA. I didn't know that!!

Mightaswell
08-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Just to clarify. Japan, Europe, Austrailia use RON. North America uses AKI, also referred to as (r+m)/2. Usually 4-5 points lower than RON.

barbarian
09-17-2005, 08:25 PM
A good write-up on Octane numbers is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

The most common type of octane rating worldwide is the Research Octane Number (RON). RON is determined by running the fuel through a specific test engine with a variable compression ratio under controlled conditions, and comparing these results with those for mixtures of isooctane and n-heptane.

There is another type of octane rating, called Motor Octane Number (MON), which is a better measure of how the fuel behaves when under load. MON testing uses a similar test engine to that used in RON testing, but with a preheated fuel mixture, a higher engine speed, and variable ignition timing to further stress the fuel's knock resistance. Depending on the composition of the fuel, the MON of a modern gasoline will be about 8 to 10 points lower than the RON. Normally fuel specifications require both a minimum RON and a minimum MON.

In most countries (including all of Europe and Australia) the "headline" octane that would be shown on the pump is the RON, but in the United States and some other countries the headline number is the average of the RON and the MON, sometimes called the Anti-Knock Index (AKI), Road Octane Number (RdON), Pump Octane Number (PON), or (R+M)/2. Because of the 10 point difference noted above, this means that the octane in the United States will be about 4 to 5 points lower than the same fuel elsewhere: 87 octane fuel, the "normal" gasoline in the US and Canada, would be 91 in Europe.

RB25DET
09-19-2005, 11:05 AM
If anyone wants 101 octane avgas, i can sell it to you (we wont normally pump into vehicles) but the only problem is that it has a way higher lead content than street gas....meaning that your O2 sensor will wear out faster. I believe at the moment we are at about 1.30 per litre.