PDA

View Full Version : transmission questions...

Skyline_Addict
07-04-2005, 03:20 AM
hey guys,

basically, this is only when i start my car (5th gen honda prelude)- reverse gear is fine, nothing happens and it's normal. it's only when i use a forward gear when this happens. when i put into 1st and engage like normal, at a certain point in the engagement I feel a very light and tender vibration feedback from the gas pedal. this is only happens on the first stop and go everytime (i.e, after it happens, I can come to to as many stop and goes as i want and it will not happen again unless I had turned off my car and restarted it in between this time). i'm just basically saying that I only feel this in the first forward gear engagment everytime i start the car, i hope that makes sense. it doesn't seem like gear grinding, as the car itself during this process drives fine without any rocking or vibration that would distort the car's smooth movement. it's just a feeling of feedback I get to the gas pedal, and lasts about 1 second. you can sort of hear the vibration too, if you listen closely. i've tried everything from starting in 2nd or 3rd gear, revving higher before engaging, etc, and it will always happen on that first engagement, but never after.

very recently, i've also noticed a click/knock sound when engaging 1st gear (just first gear). i've always been very easy on the gas when engaging to ensure a smooth and slow acceleration for daily driving. up till now, there were no "problems", but lately i've been hearing a very faint click/knock sound when I engage 1st gear. i find that revving higher during engagement helps to get rid of the problem a bit. once again, the car drives fine during this process. sometimes there is a bit of feedback from the gas pedal from this as well. i'm not sure if it's supposed to do it, but i've never noticed it up till now from when i got the car 3 months ago. this is only on first gear as well, i've tried starting on 2nd and there is no click.

doesn't seem like anything serious, as the car drives as good as it can, but what is the cause of this. a tell tale sign of any big problems? i was planning to get my clutch changed soon, but if it's another problem, it'd definetely like to know.

thanks.

Skyline_Addict
07-04-2005, 04:53 PM
anyone know/have a remedy?