PDA

View Full Version : Could this be real? Xbox360 Screens!

old&slow
07-04-2005, 07:55 AM
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2005/07/01/pgr3_screenshots

Awesome graphic detail if it is!!!

Xtrema
07-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Nice but it won't matter since this isn't GTA. Background on a racing game blurs anyway. If you care about the detail, you're driving too slow.

b_t
07-04-2005, 08:27 AM
now that they put the cars into the picture, it looks about the same as Gran Turismo 4... which is to say really good, but nothing special. and that detail, if you ask me, is on the far side of pointless and is just posturing to make the Xbox look better. having fully polygonal staircases five stories up is a gigantic waste of processing power.

heavyD
07-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by b_t
now that they put the cars into the picture, it looks about the same as Gran Turismo 4... which is to say really good, but nothing special.

Are you serious? GT4 has tons of aliasing problems and the patented PS2 flicker but how can you say nothing special when GT3 & 4 are the best looking racing games on any platform? It is a waste of processing power if you only have one CPU but Xbox 360 has three. Is it posturing? For sure.

It's a real screen but as I said in another post it won't looked as detailed in motion. That scenery would be better served in a FPS, RPG, or action game as with all the blur & speed effects that type of detail isn't necessary. You won't see games look that beautiful on Xbox360 until at least the second batch of games arrive as multiple core processing is relatively new in the gaming industry and many of the initial batch of games may only be utilizing two of the cores.

Also keep in mind you are going to need 720p to realize the capabilities as the games won't look near as good on 420i.

b_t
07-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Are you serious? GT4 has tons of aliasing problems and the patented PS2 flicker but how can you say nothing special when GT3 & 4 are the best looking racing games on any platform?

exactly. GT4 is something special because they've pushed an old system to extraordinary heights. This is nothing special since it is not a major improvement, and its on a next gen platform that is supposedly 2-3 times more powerful then the current ones.

heavyD
07-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by b_t
exactly. GT4 is something special because they've pushed an old system to extraordinary heights. This is nothing special since it is not a major improvement, and its on a next gen platform that is supposedly 2-3 times more powerful then the current ones.

Those pics look far better than GT4. PS2 can do some pretty nice visuals. God of War is the prettiest PS2 game ever and looks as good as Ninja Gaiden on Xbox.

ZEDGE
07-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by b_t
now that they put the cars into the picture, it looks about the same as Gran Turismo 4... which is to say really good, but nothing special. and that detail, if you ask me, is on the far side of pointless and is just posturing to make the Xbox look better. having fully polygonal staircases five stories up is a gigantic waste of processing power.

it looks like GT4? :nut:

ya maybe if they used cardboard cutout backgrounds like gt4..
:rolleyes:

another pic..

http://media.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/1473/726_0001.jpg

b_t
07-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

it looks like GT4? :nut:

ya maybe if they used cardboard cutout backgrounds like gt4..

they look about the same to me
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/561066_20040924_screen473.jpg
http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/news_images/mtv_ferrari_spec.jpg
The buildings are almost perfectly flat in both shots.
and before anyone comments on the disparity in resolution, the PS2 shot is only 716 rows and is not wide enough to be a 720p shot, so it will look even better on the PS2 in 720P.

ZEDGE
07-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Too bad GT4 does not look like that in game.. Its missing all the aliasing and jaggies..GT4 is a nice looking game. but I dont think the detail is any where near what the the next gen will have..
pgr3 is also suppose to have fully 3d spectators on the sidlines, hundreds of them.

b_t
07-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Too bad GT4 does not look like that in game.. Its missing all the aliasing and jaggies..GT4 is a nice looking game. but I dont think the detail is any where near what the the next gen will have..

No kidding the detail is nowhere near what the next gen will have... I just think that it isn't all that impressive that a next gen game doesn't look that much better. I could probably mistake shots from GT4 for ones from PGR3 if I didn't look closer.

ZEDGE
07-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Some tidbits, not sure how accurate these are..

its nice to see they are sticking with the super cars... I dont need 200 versions of stupid econmy cars in a video game.. ;)

- 80 cars, all able to go at least to 170 mph
- 6 weeks to create one car, 40.000 polys for the interior alone
- Car data acquired from real live vehicules as much as possible
- Ability to grab your own screenshots from whatever angle you want
- Race creator to edit your own track in the city you chose. Seems quite easy to use.
- 5 cities (New York, Tokyo, and 3 to be unveiled later)
- 3d spectators, all unique looking and reacting to the race
- sound was recorded from every "noisy" point in the car, exhaust, engine, induction system...
- Licensed soundtrack
- No tuning (YAY !)
- 12 players on Xbox Live
- Damage modeling, with some impact on performance
- Force Feedback wheel is planned for near launch time

some audio clips here

http://projectgothamracing3.com/gothammusic/caraudioclips.htm

RiCE-DaDDy
07-04-2005, 10:41 AM
haha the ps3 graphics are TOO GOOD

JordanLotoski
07-04-2005, 11:04 AM
gt4 has horrible graphics, u cant compare the ps2 to the xbox, graphics on the xbox are far better.

ZEDGE
07-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
gt4 has horrible graphics, u cant compare the ps2 to the xbox, graphics on the xbox are far better.

:popcorn:

b_t
07-04-2005, 11:08 AM

:popcorn:

you have no idea how hard I'm trying to not answer that in some way

urbannomad
07-04-2005, 12:24 PM
just go to gametrailers.com! oh yah, this is my first post i think! Hey everyone!:eek: and yes Xbox360 is nice and all but PS3 is gonna be 3X better in every aspect. it'll look more realistic, the hardware will be more powerful. i was skeptical at first and jumped on the 360 bandwagon. but you guys have got to see the PS3 gametrailers, they are just :eek: lol.

eblend
07-04-2005, 12:27 PM
ps3 is gonna be just as overhyped like the ps2 was and underdeliver.

rage2
07-04-2005, 01:00 PM
curious, how was the ps2 overhyped and underdelivered? Ridge racer was awesome, best driving game at the time (minus GT2).

heavyD
07-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by urbannomad
but you guys have got to see the PS3 gametrailers, they are just :eek: lol.

They would be nice if they were really running on PS3 hardware but they weren't. They were pre-rendered at a graphics studio. No real PS3 gameplay footage has been released yet. I don't think PS3 will undeliver as bad as the PS2 did but I don't think the videos shown at E3 were a wise move on Sony's part because they weren't real and when we see the real thing look not near as good it will be a letdown. It will take a while for developers to be able to fully tap the potential of the cell processor so don't expect truly great things until at least a year after the PS3's release, the same will go for Xbox 360. Now Sony is saying that the hard drive will be optional which makes me wonder why they would even bother if games aren't going to require it. Who own's a PS2 hard drive for the one game that required it.

To me it's all smoke & mirrors until I see real gameplay footage whether it be Xbox360, PS3, or whatever.

heavyD
07-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by rage2
curious, how was the ps2 overhyped and underdelivered? Ridge racer was awesome, best driving game at the time (minus GT2).

Was that sarcasm? PS2 was hyped to be the greatest thing ever and came out with visuals that were on par with the Dreamcast and not even close to what top of the line PC's at the time could deliver. Some games over time like GOW GT3&4 delivered but there are still alot of ho hum looking PS2 games.

ZEDGE
07-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by urbannomad
just go to gametrailers.com! oh yah, this is my first post i think! Hey everyone!:eek: and yes Xbox360 is nice and all but PS3 is gonna be 3X better in every aspect. it'll look more realistic, the hardware will be more powerful. i was skeptical at first and jumped on the 360 bandwagon. but you guys have got to see the PS3 gametrailers, they are just :eek: lol.

Rofl ya all those cg cut scenes look great.. :rolleyes:

We will see when the actual systems are out kthxbye

b_t
07-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Was that sarcasm? PS2 was hyped to be the greatest thing ever and came out with visuals that were on par with the Dreamcast and not even close to what top of the line PC's at the time could deliver. Some games over time like GOW GT3&4 delivered but there are still alot of ho hum looking PS2 games.

This sounds like every console launch since the beginning of time. This won't change, either, because the console producers depend on the excessive hype to sell an initial flurry of consoles before the realization the games all suck ass sets in and your system will be an expensive paperweight for 4 or 5 months until good games come out.

Xtrema
07-04-2005, 08:32 PM
^ That's exactly why Sony management has told everyone to STFU until launch. Taking all PS3 info "underground" again.

They want everyone to forget about the E3 and push something else out at launch.

But really guys, they are set for inital price of $399US for a reason. I don't expect much.

Wildcat
07-04-2005, 08:41 PM
ill have to see it to beleive it. theres always an abundance of BS on the internet regarding gaming. geeks just have way too much time on their hands.