PDA

View Full Version : S13 Help?

\JCAR/
07-04-2005, 01:42 PM
well in the next couple of months i will finally have some cash to try and get a, Nissan Silvia. i just have a couple of questions about obtaning one? 1: Can i get a 88 or an 89 silvia for 8500?
2: How could i contact a importer?
3: Is there any web sites i could view before i import?
4: How long would i have to wait before i recieved my car?

thanks for all your help.

CryoCarnage
07-04-2005, 02:29 PM
www.importconcern.ca Very helpful guys. And yeah you could get one for that for sure. If not try bargaining :bigpimp:

A790
07-04-2005, 04:05 PM
You could have mine for $9000. :)

\JCAR/
07-04-2005, 04:57 PM
lol thanks guys naww i'll have to pass on that offer i'm trying to get one stock or next to it.

braden883314
07-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage
www.importconcern.ca Very helpful guys. And yeah you could get one for that for sure. If not try bargaining :bigpimp:

IC is extremely reasonable

$8500 is a decent start for a Silvia in Japan, that should get you a decent condition, low km Silvia.

The wait however can be the bad part, I have been waiting for my Silvia since the begining of April. And it should be arriving in Vancouver Tomorrow. It can very tho, sometime u get lucky and you can buy your car and it will get on a ship right away. You will pay alot more of a car that is already landed and passed inspection.

Any more question feel free to PM me.

~Braden

dj_rice
07-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Try www.gatmotors.com

U can also get a 90 Skyline GTS-t Type M for the same price...$8500

CryoCarnage
07-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Try www.gatmotors.com

U can also get a 90 Skyline GTS-t Type M for the same price...$8500

Why get a stepping stone to a GTR???

dymz999
07-04-2005, 09:27 PM
You could also do a RB26 swap though :)

Sure it would only be RWD but it would still be damn cool!

CryoCarnage
07-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by dymz999

RWD Skyline :drool: :drool:
Kind of like that RWD impreza not too long ago.

calgarys13
07-05-2005, 12:49 AM
whats wrong with rb20 gts-t?

braden883314
07-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by dymz999

Originally posted by CryoCarnage

RWD Skyline :drool: :drool:
Kind of like that RWD impreza not too long ago.

Everybody i have heard of doing the RB26DETT swap to a RWD has serious traction problems. Although it is sweet.:drool: RB20 is a good engine too.

PS. this tread seems to be getting off track, lets remember this guys budget, i think that sorta cancels out RB26, unless someone here can get a mad deal, and if that the case, hook me up!

~Braden

\JCAR/
07-05-2005, 02:54 AM
well i found one on ic for 5600 but its sold already but i sent one of the owners a message and i'm looking for one around the same price. so whats the difference between a silvia Q and a silvia K?

how hard are these cars to service? would i have to take it to a nissan dealership? what about oil filters and such SOMEONE LEMME KNOW???????:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

BerserkerCatSplat
07-05-2005, 06:33 AM
I think the K's are the more powerful Silvia's, if I remember correctly.

\JCAR/
07-05-2005, 08:27 AM
but there still the same body design? well i made up my mind finally seeing how i could'nt sleep last night i stayed up looking at silvia's all night i want a whit or blue 89 silvia K.

but were would i get oil filters if it needed an oil change?

\JCAR/
07-05-2005, 09:15 AM
how would i get if from vancover to calgary i dont wanna drive it and rack up a crap load of km's?

\JCAR/
07-05-2005, 01:45 PM
anyone?

bundi
07-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Your best bet would be to talk to some of the guys at Import Concearn, they'll be able to answer any questions you have. I'm sure they ship to Calgary for a price.

Oil filters and shit like that is fine... we have the 240sx over here and most of the parts are the same, and with all these new import businesses you wouldn't have too hard a time getting JDM parts either.

It's pretty roomy under the hood, so I wouldn't say they're really hard to work on in that department, haven't had any big problems with mine yet though tho so I guess I'll find out once I start working on it.
:D

braden883314
07-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by \JCAR/
well i found one on ic for 5600 but its sold already but i sent one of the owners a message and i'm looking for one around the same price. so whats the difference between a silvia Q and a silvia K?

how hard are these cars to service? would i have to take it to a nissan dealership? what about oil filters and such SOMEONE LEMME KNOW???????:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

The major difference is NA and Turbo, K's ussally came with HICAS fourwheel steering and a VLSD. They are really good to service, lots of engine bay room. almost the entire bottom can be found off of a Pulsar (CA18DE), same with oil filters, say u got a pulsar. I wouldnt suggest goin to a dealership. The only parts that u may have difficulty with is Turbo parts and the front end, everything else is available here.

how would i get if from vancover to calgary i dont wanna drive it and rack up a crap load of km's?

IC's website has quotes for all major centers. If i remember correctly it was $250 to Calgary.

Originally posted by bundi
Your best bet would be to talk to some of the guys at Import Concearn, they'll be able to answer any questions you have. I'm sure they ship to Calgary for a price.

Oil filters and shit like that is fine... we have the 240sx over here and most of the parts are the same, and with all these new import businesses you wouldn't have too hard a time getting JDM parts either.

It's pretty roomy under the hood, so I wouldn't say they're really hard to work on in that department, haven't had any big problems with mine yet though tho so I guess I'll find out once I start working on it.
:D

Anything else I can help you with please ask. If you would like to know more and see some JDM cars in person, and if u asked nicely im sure someone would take you for a rip, I am organizing a Nissan meet this sunday, I think it would be a good idea for you to come!

~Braden

-KiTtY- boo
07-05-2005, 06:04 PM
u should give my car broker a call... he got me my car and i got a really good deal.. 89 siliva Q' wit SR20.... and the price he quotes u includes everything.. even to ship it to clagary

\JCAR/
07-05-2005, 08:18 PM
braden883314

man i'd really like to go beleve me but i have gas $$$ to make it to the city right now i live outside about 20mins east to be exact.

so you say if i needed an oil filter my best bet is off a nissan pulsar?

braden883314
07-05-2005, 08:22 PM
braden883314

man i'd really like to go beleve me but i have gas $$$ to make it to the city right now i live outside about 20mins east to be exact.

so you say if i needed an oil filter my best bet is off a nissan pulsar?

I would garantee it would be worth your time and $$ to show up. Lots of knowledge to go around.

And yes, like i said. A friend of mind broke his block on a silvia over the winter, you can get the entire bottom end at part source.

~Braden

chris
07-06-2005, 12:50 AM
http://www.ca18det.org almost all of the parts for a ca18det (engine stock in silvia k's) can be found on this website

\JCAR/
07-07-2005, 02:48 PM
thanks man.