PDA

View Full Version : Chilli recipes

pitwipe
07-04-2005, 02:23 PM
I just made a big ol' bowl of chilli :thumbsup: But I used a packet mix :thumbsdow Packet mixes suck ass. Does anyone have a favourite chilli recipe they use?

Post em up :D

nickyh
07-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Dice 1 onion in a pot
Add 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (you can buy small bottles of it at Superstore in the baking isle)
Add ground beef - lean, extra lean - your choice.
Add a little bit of water to the pot otherwise the beef will stick (about a tablespoon)

When ground beef browned add:
1 teaspoon Paprika
Salt
1 teaspoon sugar (the tomotoes will make it bitter)
1 tin (little) crushed tomotoes
Chilli powder to taste - I use the Sunspun seasoning available at Superstore around where they keep the garlic.
- I usually throw in two tablespoons and then start to taste

Once mixed up nicely, I add two cans of baked beans.
Let it simmer on low for about 10 min.

Hope it works for you - it's a hit for me :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
07-04-2005, 03:38 PM
GTS Jeff's Chilli...

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
who here like chili? i love it, its good with rice, and its easy to make a lot to last a long time...

last monday i made a huge assed vat that ive been eating out of nonstop and its still not done. here is the recipe:

-3 cans of tomato paste
-some water to thin out the tomato paste
-2 lbs extra lean ground beef. fry it up first with some oregano before u dump it into the pot
-2 cans red kidney beans. drain the juice out before putting in the beans
-1 onion diced
-2 bell peppers sliced. i used green and red.
-1 package of mushrooms. dont slice it too thin cuz theyll shrink anyways
-few sticks of celery sliced
-1 tomato cut into chunks
-shitloads of chili powder. seriously go balls out when ure adding this. its tough to add too much. u dont want the chili to taste like tomato soup, so add lots of this. LOTS. INSANE AMOUNTS.
-ground black peppers. lots.
-paprika
-salt
-onion salt
-oregano
-tabasco to taste

let the shit simma for at least an hour before u try eating it...but leave it simmering on the stove for 3 hours or so before turning the heat off. the shit gets better with age too. so 3 days later itll taste even better.

cman
07-04-2005, 11:14 PM
i tried GTSjeff's and it was awesome. good lunch for 5 days.
his is a good starter, then add your own shit and make your own version.:thumbsup:

Benny
07-05-2005, 03:58 AM
Yeah, those 2 cover the basics of making chilli. I usually make it roughly the same way as GTS Jeff and add a shitload of some really killer hot sauce along the way. I was born in Texas, so real good Texan death chilli is a staple of my diet.

pitwipe
07-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the recipes guys. I was kinda surprised that neither of you use fresh chilli peppers but powder instead. I guess I could throw some fresh ones in too... :drool:

blitz
07-05-2005, 10:33 PM
http://www.chilicookoff.com/

They post the winners recipie every year...good shit.

Chili's so much better with cubed (1/8") beef instead of ground. Takes a hell of a long time to properly cube 3 lbs of meat though.

GTS Jeff
07-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by blitz
http://www.chilicookoff.com/

They post the winners recipie every year...good shit.

Chili's so much better with cubed (1/8") beef instead of ground. Takes a hell of a long time to properly cube 3 lbs of meat though. :werd:

Well actually you need both. In my last chili, I slow cooked a buncha cubes...let the chili cook overnight haha