PDA

View Full Version : How to lift youre vehicle?

crazytou
07-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Does anyone know where to find a website that step by step turning youre torsion bar to up youre lift???

QuasarCav
07-04-2005, 03:21 PM
What are you driving?

On my 87 teg i just had to turn a nut under the car.

crazytou
07-04-2005, 03:59 PM
1990 nissan pathfinder and 1987 mazda b2600

freakin
07-04-2005, 04:06 PM
I know on the minitrucks I've built in the past, I lowered them by loosening the bolts at the end of the torsion bars. Just look for a long bar going backwards from your control arm. At the end of it should be a small bracket going sideways off of it with a bolt that goes in to the frame. That's the adjustment bolt. If the arms point inwards, then tightening the bolts will raise it. If they point outwards, then loosen them.

I'm just assuming that the 4x4 torsion bar setups are done the same way.....but that's how it's done. Don't expect much more than a couple of inches difference.

*NOTE*: Count the number of rotations you turn the bolt. Do the other side the exact same amount. Also, if you mess up, you can turn it back the other way and get it back to stock. I had a few too many beers once when I was lowering my buddy's Mazda and ended up lowering one side and raising the other. I forgot how many turns I did, and had to keep turning it, sitting it down and measuring it until I got it level.

crazytou
07-04-2005, 09:25 PM
okay man i'll check it out and try it.