PDA

View Full Version : tattoo/piercing places

KELSTAR
07-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Hey
Does anyone know of a good clean place to have piercings done? Looking for some friends to get some nose piercings.

Thanks
Oh and besides Immaculate Concept and Iron Will thanks

EK 2.0
07-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Esoterik in the N.E. by Marlborough Mall...yeah I know, but they did my last tat, and do peircings.

As well as I dont know if these guy sare still open, but there was a place in Kensginton a couple of years back when I got the tops of my ears done. Body Inc.

JAYMEZ
07-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Smileing Budha , Bushido ( I got all my peirceings done here)

Mr. Burns
07-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Bushido rocks. I get all my tats done there.

lude_grl
07-04-2005, 06:34 PM
bushido is really good, its where i go
dammit i need to stop getting peirced

lastprodigy
07-04-2005, 06:36 PM
i got my nose pierced on main street in vancouver. ;)....i got rid of it after a couple months tho, even though it looked sweet i didnt think i could rock it everyday ....

theken
07-04-2005, 07:01 PM
bushido is the only place for me

fcuk_it
07-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Esoterik in the N.E. by Marlborough Mall...yeah I know, but they did my last tat, and do peircings.

As well as I dont know if these guy sare still open, but there was a place in Kensginton a couple of years back when I got the tops of my ears done. Body Inc.

ya this place is good... i got my piercings done there

BerserkerCatSplat
07-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Smiling Buddha and Bushido, as many have said.

mdeleon
07-04-2005, 07:20 PM
ye body inc is still open, i got my nipple pierced there when i was 16, and then got it re-pierced at divine on 17th, it looks run down, but they're room is really clean, sanitized, you're not allowed to wear your shoes inside and on wednesdays and i think sundays, they give discounts on piercings.

as for tattoo places, i've been to smiling buddha and art house inc. smiling buddha is great...and art house inc has some wierd method IMO, cuz the shading hurt more than the outline for me, my friend said the same thing. i know a few people that got tatties at Esoterik, i heard they're pretty good.

Teinlow
07-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Divine on 17th is awesome.. my gf had her's done there wed they give u 10$ off on wed and sun plus the guy talks u through everything doesnt even give u a chance to be nerveous. he actually does the peircin free hand really awesome at it ask for matt... i recomend them above and beyond.. located on 17th and 7th right by le chatue

Barking_Spidre
07-04-2005, 10:31 PM
I used Body Inc for both my nipples, and my 2 tongue rings. Pretty good I'd say.

KELSTAR
07-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll call Divine tomorrow and likely end up there! thanks for all the input
and if anyone was wondering why I said No to Immaculate Concept and Iron Will.. Iron Will ===very little jewelry selection and Immaculate is closed on Tues/Wed.. no other reason

iblizzard
07-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Tribal Expression down on 16th Ave, by SAIT. It's a fairly new shop (Opened January of this year). Keith Kennedy is the piercer there, he has been piercing in Calgary for over 12 years, most of those at To The Point on 33 Ave.

His shop is the only exclusive piercing studio in calgary, and they make all their own custom jewelry in the store.. so if you need anything that they dont have in stock, they can make it for you.

He also has one of the cleanest shops around. They have a Statim 5000 Autoclave which is one of the best and fastest around (which also can provide a print out of the temperatures and pressures within the autoclave, to guarantee that tools and jewelry has been properly sterilized.

I highly recommend Keith for ANY piercing done in Calgary (especially surface, genital, and multiple piercings with one piece of jewelry). One of the nicest guys I've ever met, and IMO, the best piercer in Calgary.

http://www.tribalexpression.com/images/banner.gif (http://www.tribalexpression.com)

SiG Baby
07-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I just peirced my nose this weekend at Body inc. I got a little diamon stud, and it was a very good and clean experience the guy made me feel comfortable( as I am a total wuss) and it didn't really hurt at all.

codo
07-04-2005, 11:24 PM
bushido is sweet i got my clit ring done there.:confused: :dunno: :dunno:

celica girl
07-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by iblizzard
Tribal Expression down on 16th Ave, by SAIT. It's a fairly new shop (Opened January of this year). Keith Kennedy is the piercer there, he has been piercing in Calgary for over 12 years, most of those at To The Point on 33 Ave.

His shop is the only exclusive piercing studio in calgary, and they make all their own custom jewelry in the store.. so if you need anything that they dont have in stock, they can make it for you.

He also has one of the cleanest shops around. They have a Statim 5000 Autoclave which is one of the best and fastest around (which also can provide a print out of the temperatures and pressures within the autoclave, to guarantee that tools and jewelry has been properly sterilized.

I highly recommend Keith for ANY piercing done in Calgary (especially surface, genital, and multiple piercings with one piece of jewelry). One of the nicest guys I've ever met, and IMO, the best piercer in Calgary.

http://www.tribalexpression.com/images/banner.gif (http://www.tribalexpression.com)

:clap: :clap: :clap:
I got my tragus done there and he's AWESOME. I highly recommend him!

freakin
07-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Bushido, Doug's a good guy over there. I personally haven't had any work by him, but he's done tat's on most of my friends. They're all very happy with his work.

Zigo
12-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey, bringing a old thread back up. I'm thinking of getting my eyebrow priced at Smileing Budha on Friday. Anyone got one? Did it hurt? Do I have to make an appointment or anything for a pricing? Iv never really had a hole in me before.(No homo)

JRSC00LUDE
12-24-2008, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Zigo
Hey, bringing a old thread back up. I'm thinking of getting my eyebrow priced at Smileing Budha on Friday. Anyone got one? Did it hurt? Do I have to make an appointment or anything for a pricing? Iv never really had a hole in me before.(No homo)

No homo? Sorry son, I just can't see it.

4lti7ude
12-24-2008, 04:34 AM
The more you think about it the more its going to suck.
Just calm down before you do it and relax.

When I got my lip done a while back I was shit scared.
Youtubed vids and it only got me more scared.
But it lasted a good 2 seconds. Didnt even feel it.
(Plus I got a bunch of earrings too, just relax and youll be fine)

Im pretty sure they tell you to exhale when they put it through, and while you exhale you wont even feel it.

badseed
12-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Strange World - Located in Varsity Strip mall near the Dalhousie LRT Station

I've had a couple tatts done hear, nipples pierced and eye brow. Excellent work and a very clean shop.

Trini
12-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Zigo

doesn't hurt, it'll be over in a flash..just make sure to take good care of it after so that it doesn't get infected and that it heals properly

sk8r3124
12-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Esoterik is complete crap, my gf went there for a tattoo, and got it done by an 18 year old kid (Johnny) that paid more attention to hitting on her than the actual tattoo itself. 3 months later she went somewhere else to get it touched up. The touch up artist couldn't believe that the Esoterik artist was even practicing, the lines were that bad.

here is the before and after, you can totally tell the difference
http://www.outlawtattoocalgary.com/tattoo_image_69.html

ekguy
12-24-2008, 10:17 AM
I'd say Laura Bartlet at The Arthouse. She pierced my ears with 6 gauge needles then stretched them a bit after and she did an amazing job. She also took a look at my lip which was rejecting and was able to save it using better jewelery which was amazing since it was most likely about a day or 2 away from being taken out.

They have the cleanest shop I've seen so far. They also have their own Auto-clav machine which means they will let you bring your own piercing jewelery but it takes a bit longer since they would have to put it through a cycle.

They are above Ridley cycle and they are amazing. It's where I get all my tattoos done. My last 4 were done there.

By the way to the guy who was scared about getting his lip pierced stop being a pussy. I got my labret done 5 times, had 3 rings on my eyebrows and had every part of my nose pierced many times. The fun part of getting pierced is the pain you have to go through...

Zigo
12-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Got it done at Tribal Expression today, great bunch of guys. Shop looked spotless. A++

JRSC00LUDE
12-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by sk8r3124
Esoterik is complete crap, my gf went there for a tattoo, and got it done by an 18 year old kid (Johnny) that paid more attention to hitting on her than the actual tattoo itself. 3 months later she went somewhere else to get it touched up. The touch up artist couldn't believe that the Esoterik artist was even practicing, then lines were that bad.

here is the before and after, you can totally tell the difference
http://www.outlawtattoocalgary.com/tattoo_image_69.html

Wow, if I got a tattoo THAT bad from anyone I would kick my own ass for not doing any research into the "artist".

Then, I'd likely kick the goofball that decided that constitutes enough talent to begin apprenticing. Pretty sure if anyone ever did a tattoo that bad in any of my friends shops they'd be fired before they got their gloves off.

At least it got cleaned up. :)

stevieo
12-30-2008, 07:49 PM
got my piercing done at Tribal Expressions, great people. took their time to explain to me what their sanitizing machine does and whatever. i've had piercings before but i guess its to help people feel more better about it knowing how safe it is.

getting my tattoo done by james tex coming up in may woo!

copynpaste
12-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Piercings are nothing, I have 4 piercings and the one that hurt the most was top of the ear...but even then it wasnt anything bad. The tongue I was pretty uneasy about but it was nothing.

signature7
12-30-2008, 10:26 PM
+1 for "Tribal Expressions".

sk8r3124
12-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Wow, if I got a tattoo THAT bad from anyone I would kick my own ass for not doing any research into the "artist".

Then, I'd likely kick the goofball that decided that constitutes enough talent to begin apprenticing. Pretty sure if anyone ever did a tattoo that bad in any of my friends shops they'd be fired before they got their gloves off.

At least it got cleaned up. :)

Only good part about it was that the kid did it for free, Maybe he was looking to exchange a tattoo for a date. But then again, we all know from the bar days that if a chick gets something for free, thats all it is. Nothing is given in return.

Nekura
01-02-2009, 06:27 PM
I got both my nipple and my belly button and tribal expressions, and I loved it. There are two piercers there. Lindsey and Keith, Keith is definitely the more experienced one and if you can get an appointment with him, I'd recommend it. However, Lindsey did my belly button and it is also perfectly aligned. Overall, great clean place.

JRSC00LUDE
01-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by sk8r3124

Only good part about it was that the kid did it for free, Maybe he was looking to exchange a tattoo for a date. But then again, we all know from the bar days that if a chick gets something for free, thats all it is. Nothing is given in return.

The one thing I failed to consider with my previous post is that is the side of a foot. It's hard as fuck to heal in that spot which was likely part of the problem and it will very likely wear off in time no matter who does it. :)