PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1994 Hyundai Elantra (Edmonton)

the_fornicator
07-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Hello everybody,

For sale is a 1994 Hyundai Elantra (I forget the model, there are 2 models of elantras for that year, this is the one without the power everything).
* 134,XXX kms
* automatic
* cloth interior
* dark green in color
* no rust that I can see (it's been stored in underground heated parking most of its life)
* interior is in great condition
* I can provide all the paper work and receipts from the inspection and most of the paper work from the past.
* Front tires have 70%+ tread and the rears are new (replaced during the first inspection).
*suspension is good (no preventative maintenance needed).
* no accidents

The bad:
I just had 2 inspections done on this thing by two reputable places (Ed's Auto Center and R&S Autobody which is owned by Toyota). What came back:
* the #4 piston is "dead" whatever that means. I talked to the Les at Ed's and he said that in order to fix that, the spark plugs + wire set + fuel filter have to be replaced (at a cost of 386.91)
* The timing belt is soaked with oil. In order to fix this, the cam seal + crank seal + timing belt + possbily the water pump has to be replaced. This is a bit awkard to me cause when I moved the car from where it was stored, there was an oil stain no bigger than my thumb and it was stored for the past 2 years -started intermittently. In any event, it will cost of 1202.18 to fix this. If the water pump is still good then this will lessen the cost by 213.00.
* various dents and dings pretty much on every door
* bottom front lip cracked a bit (also a bit of the bumper). Pictures will be up soon -hopefully tonight.

So if you spend about $1500 in this car, it can be a reliable daily driver. I'm asking $500 obo. I'm obviously willing to budge on the price, but you gotta start somewhere, right?

Again, located in Edmonton,
PM me or email me @ the420 at shaw dot ca