PDA

View Full Version : Was that important??

sexualbanana
01-22-2003, 06:32 PM
Driving on Deerfoot yesterday, I started to hear this really loud scraping sound. I thought it was snow, so when I got the chance, I knocked off a bunch of snow.
Unfortunately it was still happening. So I had no idea what it was. Finally I got the idea that I could be dragging something. So I check and it turns out to be this plastic piece right under my wheel well. I was gonna fix it, but it was pretty damn cold, so I figured it can't be too bad.
This morning, just as I was leaving the alleyway, the thing just snaps (or pops, depending on how you look at it) off. It looks rather mangled.

Was it important? Or was it just a useless piece?

HACHIROKU_4AG
01-22-2003, 06:40 PM
if it's what i'm thinkin, it was just a debris gaurd. just to keep areas above the wheel clean. try to put it back when it's possible, or get a replacement, but as for any real impact on the vehicle, shouldn't affect anything at all.

GTS Jeff
01-22-2003, 06:58 PM
i took off all the wheel well guards on the beastmobile.

sexualbanana
01-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
i took off all the wheel well guards on the beastmobile.

like i said, would it still be safe???

GTS Jeff
01-22-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

like i said, would it still be safe??? yea definitely!

the guards are only there to keep rocks from flying up and hitting the underside of your car...i only took mine off cuz they were all dented from the frequent bottoming out the van experiences.

but i hope were talking about the same thing.

12V
01-23-2003, 12:59 AM
those guards might save debris from hitting up the side of your car, they 'll stop tar from flying up too (in the summer) that stuffs awful to get off later.

buh_buh
01-23-2003, 01:01 AM
I took mine out cuz my tires were rubbing against them.

ecstasy_civic
01-23-2003, 01:03 AM
i took mine off when i pulled out the resonator for my intake, and just left it off, havent had any problems whatsoever, it just gets dirty in the engine when its dusty