PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD w/ JDM Cyclone Motor

IridiumZero
07-04-2005, 06:12 PM
This has been my project car over the winter, but I just got a 350Z and so plans have changed. Here is the deal;

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd
287,XXX km on the body
AC works great
Power windows, locks, rear defrost etc. (All options)
Turbo has no shaft play.
New battery.
New air filter.
New oxygen sensor.
New front axles.
New floor mats
New shift boot.
Aftermarket CD/MP3 player.

Installed a JDM motor and tranny (said to have less than 45,000 miles) this winter. So far 2200 km since the swap and everything works good. The engine has the Cyclone manifold, which is currently set with all runners open so it is like the normal intake manifold. I have also run with just the long runners open and it makes quite a difference in the bottom end (way more torque). With a RPM switch and solenoid you can get more torque in the bottom and keep the power top end. The cyclone will really help spool up large aftermarket turbos.

There are a few things that should be done to the car in my opinion;

1. Input shaft seal on the diff leaks. I have put in some Lucas oil which is suppose to help the seal swell and seal, but it probably should just be changed.

2. The oil return line from the turbo leaks a bit. Just four bolts to take out and replace the gasket that mates with the bottom of the turbo with some RVT sealant and it will be fine. Its not a big deal I just was going to wait for a oil change to do it.

3. I never changed the timing belt and balancing belt, it has the one that was on it from Japan. The belt looked good when I inspected it, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to do it fairly soon. I was going to wait a year (or until I got my racing cams).

4. The throwout bearing on the clutch is a little noisey sometimes. If you change it out might as well do the clutch too.

5. There is some rust on the hood and front quarter panels as you can see in the pictures. The passenger door has rust and even a little hole in it. The one tail light plastic piece is broken but it does work. The paint on the back half of the car is surprisingly good, even the DOHC Turbo AWD stickers are mint.

I live out in the country, about 40 minutes from Red Deer. I would be willing to drive to Red Deer if someone is serious and wants to see it. I am asking $4500 and no GST of course. PM me and we can set something up.

Oh and I am not parting out, or interested in low balls etc.

Thanks for the interest.

Justin

IridiumZero
07-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Side with rust spots

IridiumZero
07-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Engine picture

IridiumZero
07-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

IridiumZero
07-06-2005, 11:53 AM
I should mention that I will consider offers as well. PM me and we can discuss.

Speed_Dreams
07-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Trades?

IridiumZero
07-06-2005, 12:55 PM
I have more cars than I need right now, so I am not really interested in a trade. But just out of curiousity what did you have in mind?

So are you interested in the Talon? With a bit of TLC (touch up the paint etc.) the car could be sold for a good profit. I am just not really interested in doing that myself as I have moved on to other things.

Anyway the Beyond forum gets another day or two and then its going in the bargin finder.

IridiumZero
07-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Beyond price: $4300 OBO

Speed_Dreams
07-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by IridiumZero
I have more cars than I need right now, so I am not really interested in a trade. But just out of curiousity what did you have in mind?

So are you interested in the Talon? With a bit of TLC (touch up the paint etc.) the car could be sold for a good profit. I am just not really interested in doing that myself as I have moved on to other things.

Anyway the Beyond forum gets another day or two and then its going in the bargin finder.

i was just figuring that you want the same price for our car as i do mine. but i want something with a turbo. i have a 90 teg pm me for details if interested

talonboi
07-08-2005, 05:41 PM
does this jdm motor come with the 14b turbo and the 450cc injectors? or does it come with the 16g turbo and the 550cc injectors??

IridiumZero
07-08-2005, 11:47 PM
It has the 14b turbo and the blue (450 cc) injectors. So it is on par with stock. But if you hook up the cyclone the turbo spools WAY faster. You hit full boost much sooner. Right now I can switch by hooking two vacuum lines together or unhooking them and plugging the one off. With a solenoid (like the ERG or fuel pressure one) and a RPM switch set to 4100 rpm, you'll have a quicker car with more power in the bottom which is nice for driveability and still have the big power at high RPM.

The bigger injectors and turbo would have been nice, but you either get it or you don't when getting a JDM engine. And 550 cc isn't really big enough if your going to do it right up anyway :-)

The Rider
07-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Sorry to go off topic here, but I'm curious what the Cyclone does? I only ask because I'll soon own a car with it. And also how does one determine which injectors are on there?
BTW seems like a really nice car for a decent price.

IridiumZero
07-10-2005, 12:56 AM
What are you getting? A JDM Galant?

The blue injectors are 450 cc and the Yellow ones are the 550 cc. The 16G turbo has different looking compressor blades and I believe they usually came with the yellow 550 cc injectors.

The cyclone is the intake manifold and it has 8 runners instead of 4. In the North American version we just get a cheap 4 runner manifold. It is great for the top end power, but there is low velocity and poorer mixing in the bottom end. The cyclone has two sets of runners for each cylinder, a short and long one. The long runner are always open, but the short ones are covered by a butterfly valve. So for the 4G63 when under 4100 RPM only the long runners are being used. They are smaller in diameter and longer. So this creates more velocity in the air stream. But above 4100 RPM it really chokes the engine and you loose your top end. So when you get to 4100 RPM a solenoid purges the vacuum from the actuator which opens the butterflies covering the short runners, and then the engine draws air thru all 8 runners. In this mode it is basically like the North American manifold and you get the nice top end power. The cyclones makes the car much nicer to drive because you have more power in the bottom end, and it is said to give better fuel economy when cruising. It will also increase you vacuum at cruise.

Thanks for your comments on the car. I think it is a good deal, and I want to be fair and up front about all the details. I guess I'm not much of a car salesman :-) I had a lot of fun driving this car and I am going to miss it, but I just have too many cars and a company truck to boot, so hope I can find someone who will enjoy it.

nhlfan
07-10-2005, 01:23 AM
I like this car, have money, and would be interested in buying if it is still for sale by the end of the month, which is when i would be in alberta. just thought i would let you know.

The Rider
07-10-2005, 01:38 AM
That was an awesome explanation, thanks! I'm not sure what exactly the runner is, but I'll figure it out when it gets here. And yes, you guessed it on the car I'm getting. Should be here end of this month.

IridiumZero
07-11-2005, 11:15 PM
The runners are basically just tubes or pipes that channel air from the throttle body into the head.

nhlfan I sent you a PM.

Everyone else, if you want the car you have less than two weeks to call it!

IridiumZero
07-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Anyone wanting to see the car this weekend? PM me...

IridiumZero
07-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Sold to a great guy. Thanks everyone for the interest, and Beyond for the space!

nhlfan
07-23-2005, 10:59 PM
:closed: looked like a nice one

cua0
07-24-2005, 04:22 AM
thanks justin, +1 for your trader rating.