PDA

View Full Version : How much off a new WRX?

koopkoop2
07-04-2005, 10:36 PM
I remember a thread from awhile back that got jacked into a discussion about the amount of money taken off the MSRP of a new WRX. I searched for it and couldn't find it.

Can anyone who owns a WRX post up how much they got off the MSRP and how long ago they bought it? I'm trying to determine a realistic figure to ask for, but I think I can push for alot because this is the final two months of the 2005s. Any other accesories you managed to get thrown in, as well?

JCX
07-04-2005, 11:53 PM
My bro just bought a Forester XT. I'll ask him roughly what he got. He ended up getting a good deal plus something like 2.8% financing.

That will at least give you an idea what the Suby dealers are doing.

pitwipe
07-05-2005, 09:53 AM
I bought mine about 3 months ago and got $2000 off. They agreed a little too easily and I wished I'd tried for more. I think the financing is controlled by GMAC so the dealer has no say over it. WRX and STi financing was 5.1% if I remember correctly.
Hope this helps :thumbsup:

koopkoop2
07-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by pitwipe
I bought mine about 3 months ago and got $2000 off. They agreed a little too easily and I wished I'd tried for more. I think the financing is controlled by GMAC so the dealer has no say over it. WRX and STi financing was 5.1% if I remember correctly.
Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Thnaks for the help. BTW WRX financing is 3.8%.

Did you manage to get any accessories tossed in too? Did you have to pay for the moonroof? Were you allowed to choose the level of tint?

Nalgene
07-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Is it the same deal for a Impreza 2.5RS Sport?

koopkoop2
07-05-2005, 05:30 PM
No. Sport is the sweetest deal of them all, at 1.8%. If you're thinking of buying Sport, you need to buy it this year. It's discontinued after this year. :rofl: Funny - since it was only introduced this year, too.

pitwipe
07-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by koopkoop2

Did you manage to get any accessories tossed in too? Did you have to pay for the moonroof? Were you allowed to choose the level of tint?

I got the moon roof for free, everything else was standard, heated seats, keyless entry, cruise, etc.

pitwipe
07-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Oh, and no I didn't get any tint, but I didn't mention it. Never thought of it to be honest.

I think I did ok with a free moon roof and 2 grand off, but yeah, you should defo push for more cuz they'll want rid of the 2005's before the 2006's are available. :thumbsup:

Are there many 2005 WRX's still in stock? I know I wanted a blue one (which I got) and the dealer said there weren't many blue WRX's left in Calgary.

koopkoop2
07-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Blue and Silver are all that are left. Every colour besides those two are harder to find. I was going to get black, but I've heard that they require alot of maintainence to keep it from fades and swirls.
Looks like it's standard issue blue. EEEVVVVVEEEERRRRRYYY ONE gets blue, which is the only thing I don't like. I don't blame'em though. If every company had that hue of blue, it would probably be their top seller.

likwid
07-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Blue and Silver are all that are left. Every colour besides those two are harder to find. I was going to get black, but I've heard that they require alot of maintainence to keep it from fades and swirls.
Looks like it's standard issue blue. EEEVVVVVEEEERRRRRYYY ONE gets blue, which is the only thing I don't like. I don't blame'em though. If every company had that hue of blue, it would probably be their top seller.

:werd: Just look at the new Dodge neons and srt-4's.. EVERYONE has the blue color..

pitwipe
07-05-2005, 07:51 PM
I chose the blue because it's Subaru's WRC colour. I've wanted a WRC Impreza for years..... and now I have one :thumbsup: (Well I have a WRX anyways... I hear the WRC Imprezas cost half a million $$$$$)

Nalgene
07-05-2005, 10:29 PM
No. Sport is the sweetest deal of them all, at 1.8%. If you're thinking of buying Sport, you need to buy it this year. It's discontinued after this year. :rofl: Funny - since it was only introduced this year, too.
woudl you recomend it? Or are there other cars you would recomend buying for the money?

Xtrema
07-05-2005, 10:44 PM
It may not apply here but.....

You know about that GM employee pricing deal in US?

People are flocking to SAAB dealership to get the SAABARU 9-2X just under $20K USD (MSRP $27K). That's about $25K CDN and you get a WRX wagon without the hideous nose.

Now they don't have that special in Canada but I'm wondering if dealers are getting kick backs to get rid of them? Won't hurt to try/ask.

heavyD
07-06-2005, 09:20 AM

Let me know how it goes. I need to get a 4-door for work and am looking at a WRX or SRT4. If I go WRX it will have to be a 2005 as the nose on the 2006 is just too ugly for me to spend that kind of $$$.

ACX
07-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Someone I know got in the order of almost 3k off his Forester XT purchase price a few months back.

:burnout:

koopkoop2
07-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Nalgene

woudl you recomend it? Or are there other cars you would recomend buying for the money?

Yeah. I would recommend it. It was what I was going to buy, originally. However, I do alot of snowboarding and drive Deerfoot everyday - so AWD was a big factor in my decision.

If you value a nice interior at all, don't get the Subaru. The interior has a very "budget" feel to it, when compared with other cars in its class. I think Subauru diverted costs from the interior towards the AWD system. In this case, I would recommend an Accord or the New Jetta. Those cars are sweet and you can get them fully loaded (Leather too)for $30 000.

Nalgene
07-06-2005, 10:05 PM
As much as I would love to have a new Impreza im going to get a used car instead and it'll be under 15k. Gonna save the extra money for a downpayment on a condo or house.
Good luck with the purchase, im jealous. ;)

koopkoop2
07-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Nalgene
As much as I would love to have a new Impreza im going to get a used car instead and it'll be under 15k. Gonna save the extra money for a downpayment on a condo or house.
Good luck with the purchase, im jealous. ;)

I'm jealous of you too. You don't know how many times I've asked myself that same question. "Why am I spending so much on a car that could be put towards something more meaningful - like a house". When I think about it though, I won't have another chance until many years down the road that I'll be able to buy a nice car. By then, I'll be just another dude going through a mid-life crisis:D