PDA

View Full Version : Looking for informaiton on wheelchair vans

Drew
07-05-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm trying to help find a wheelchair van for someone. Does anyone have any information pertaining to who in calgary might have one for sale, or where they do the customizing in calgary?

infected
07-05-2005, 02:44 PM
You mean those taxi or handi bus windstars that have a lift under the trunk or something?

AllGoNoShow
07-05-2005, 02:56 PM
I think he means the ones where u can push a button and the side door slides open and a ramp folds out of a Windstar or Caravan, someone who bought my buddies car had one, I'd ask for you but he hasn't even got the money for the car yet.

Drew
07-05-2005, 04:42 PM
ya either a place where i can buy the modified vans or if anyone is selling one, or where i can get them modified etc. any information would be helpful. Basically they are dropped 6 inches and modified to automatically open the door and slide out a ramp for wheelchairs

Thaco
07-05-2005, 05:57 PM
my grandpa has one but the door is not automatic, and the wheelchair person can only passenger, not drive, but i'll phone and ask where they got it... i think they were recently looking at a new one, i'll see what info i can dig up.

Drew
07-05-2005, 06:09 PM
thanks alot anything would be helpful