PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Question

gkAeris
07-05-2005, 02:45 PM
I want to go to the East Coast like Newfoundland or Nova Scotia or somewhere in Canada sourrounded by water to sight see and stuff,

anyone have a suggestion as to where to go?

Altezza
07-05-2005, 03:31 PM
East Coast is borrrrrrrrrrrrrring. I haven't been myself, but I know quite a few people who have done trips and tours to the East Coast. Not one of them said it was very exciting.

K271
07-05-2005, 03:55 PM
East Coast is pretty chill, nice and relaxing. PEI is pretty cool, mind you, you could cover the island in 4 hours, but it's relaxing. You don't head to the maritimes to party it up, it's more to unwind. Halifax does have a few cool clubs, lots of heritage, and great food. New Brunswick has some great roads for driving with amazing scenary.

Strider
07-05-2005, 04:33 PM
camping along the coast in PEI is pretty cool

egmike
07-05-2005, 04:43 PM
East coast is very scenic, if your into that you should head around the cabot trail on CB Island. Halifax has some cool pubs to chill out in, and if your there during lobster season you have to try the lobster, 20 times better than what you can get here.

gkAeris
07-05-2005, 05:09 PM
I'M NOT PLANNING TO GO THERE TO PARTY! I'M JUST SICK OF THE LIFESTYLE OF LIKE VANCOUVER AND STUFF,

I WANNA TRY SOMETHING TO RELAX, AND LIKE K271 SAID, RELAX

SO FLY TO PEI? IS THERE EVEN AN AIRPORT.

WHERE IS CB ISLAND?

K271
07-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Fly to Halifax, rent a car and drive that big ole bridge out to PEI, it's an engineering marvel. Or fly to Moncton, Fredericton in New Brunswick. To save money and really enjoy your time, look up some bed and breakfast joints. Those maritimers sure know how to cook and like someone else said, you have to have the lobsters.

Bay of Fundy is cool, you have to go to see the low tide and high tide.

Chiggles
07-07-2005, 02:19 AM
CB Island = Cape Breton. I've heard good things about Nova Scotia as far as sightseeing along the coast is concerned, but no place specific that I can recall.

If you find yourself on the west coast of Newfoundland, head out to Gros Morne Provincial Park. Was out there a few years back and it was a really quaint and relaxing experience to just drive through and see all these little bayside communities. Because the water in the bays are all fed directly from the Atlantic, you'll probably see a lot of jellyfish even right at the dock's edge if you look over. So swimming's not recommended, but it's kinda cool to see jellyfish that far inland. Oh, and even though it's summer, bring a jacket with you still. Coastal winds driven from the Atlantic didn't seem nowhere near as warm to me as winds coming from the Pacific, and it was summertime when I was out there too.