PDA

View Full Version : Canjet Airlines and Conquest Airlines

Altezza
07-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Has anyone here flown with Canjet or Conquest? Are they any good? Or should I just pay the extra money for AC or WJ?

K271
07-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Pay extra and fly air canada. Canjet has the tiniest seats around. Where do you plan on going? I will always fly Air Canada, even West Jet has higher prices than AC at times. I will always fly AC in and out of Canada, and on Star Alliance overseas.

gpomp
07-05-2005, 04:10 PM
pay extra. i fly westjet for the tv.

Wakalimasu
07-05-2005, 04:29 PM
wha.. canjet has leather seats all throughout the entire airplane.. i was just on one last night . welll delivering ice and dairy :p

but i dunno how many planes they got or their configuarations or just that plane.. i think their other plane is an old united airlines plane... same galley :p

so i guess it depends on the plane

but ya.. i prefer air canada over any other airline

K271
07-05-2005, 09:37 PM
No matter what people say, avoid Canjet. They have no flexibility in flights, maybe two per day to certain locations. Prices are really not that much cheaper then AC. More rewards on AC aeroplan.

Altezza
07-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by K271
Pay extra and fly air canada. Canjet has the tiniest seats around. Where do you plan on going? I will always fly Air Canada, even West Jet has higher prices than AC at times. I will always fly AC in and out of Canada, and on Star Alliance overseas.

I travel quite frequently to Toronto. So I figured if I could get a cheaper fare, the savings would add up over time. I typically just choose WJ or AC depending which has the cheaper flights. I booked AC for my trip out there, but I just need to book my flight back.

Anyone flown Conquest before?

gpomp
07-06-2005, 02:33 AM
if you're taller than 5'8, don't fly those refuge class airlines. the guy beside me who was a bit over 6' tall couldnt even get his tray all the way down...

K271
07-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Why didn't you just book a round trip ticket? Anyways, Air Canada has seat sale right now from Toronto to Calgary $214 one way. Sale ends July 12th.

Conquest is more like a travel agency and they book you on Air Transat, WJ, whatever they can find cheap for you. If you end up on Air Transat, you might as well pray for your life as their planes have a record of incidence. Like the one plane flying to Portugal last spring that had to land on some tiny island in the atlantic because the engines died!

Wakalimasu
07-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Why didn't you just book a round trip ticket? Anyways, Air Canada has seat sale right now from Toronto to Calgary $214 one way. Sale ends July 12th.

Conquest is more like a travel agency and they book you on Air Transat, WJ, whatever they can find cheap for you. If you end up on Air Transat, you might as well pray for your life as their planes have a record of incidence. Like the one plane flying to Portugal last spring that had to land on some tiny island in the atlantic because the engines died!

that was at least 3 years ago

heh

Altezza
07-06-2005, 11:35 AM

I missed the $214 fare by a couple of hours on a certain flight, but still managed a good price. The return, there is nothing cheaper than $3xx for flights that I want.

I know Conquest charters their flights for certain parts of the year. I just didn't know who they chartered from.

69cougar
07-06-2005, 12:19 PM

I have flown on AT twice now without issue. They are ususally about $400 cheaper on international flights to Europe. And a couple of hundred bucks on Mexico/Carabein side

K271
07-06-2005, 12:35 PM
I will never fly like another member said a "refugee" airline. I'll stick to the big boys. In the end, the discount airlines will not save you that much money. After taxes, plus the fact they don't have as many flexible flights, no rewards, it's better to stay with Air Canada, KLM, Cathay.

Lanks
07-06-2005, 06:30 PM
I will never fly like another member said a "refugee" airline. I'll stick to the big boys. In the end, the discount airlines will not save you that much money. After taxes, plus the fact they don't have as many flexible flights, no rewards, it's better to stay with Air Canada, KLM, Cathay
:werd: