PDA

View Full Version : Need ways to keep awake

AznDragon2004
07-06-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm just wondering what type of drinks will keep me up at least for 24hrs? I'll be starting stampede job this evening at 11pm and won't get to sleep till 9am on Thursday morning. So i just need something that has lots of cafefene(however you spell it).

abyss
07-06-2005, 11:30 AM
espresso shot with a bawls chaser LOL. You'll be up for weeks.

brandon
07-06-2005, 11:31 AM
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/bawls_2up.jpg

My fridge at work is stocked full of them :D They are expensive tho. About 45$ for 24pack!!

leutyc
07-06-2005, 11:45 AM
never seen or heard of them, where do u get them?

K271
07-06-2005, 11:48 AM
red bull + vodka

Neil4Speed
07-06-2005, 12:12 PM
bawls is awsome keeps you up for ages, $2 a pop, I know that Compusmart in Market Mall Carries them.

Mountain Dew Energy is pretty good, and cheap, a case of 12 for $3-4, most caffine for your buck. or a 2L bottle for like a buck.

Red Bull, Red Rain, and Sobe Rush, Monster are all good as well

Pengiun Caffinated mints work well too. Available online.

However, be carefull with caffine, some people react badly to it.

heavyD
07-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by K271
red bull + vodka

:werd: Red Bull followed by an extra large Tim's coffee followed by another red bull.

69cougar
07-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by AznDragon2004
I'm just wondering what type of drinks will keep me up at least for 24hrs? I'll be starting stampede job this evening at 11pm and won't get to sleep till 9am on Thursday morning. So i just need something that has lots of cafefene(however you spell it).

Wow from 11 tonight till 9am tommorow What so hard about that?

Take a Slurpee add one can of Red Bull and 1/2 Bottle of Bawls. Chug and repeat!

Despair*
07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
The red bull will definately do it. I had my first a few months ago and it kept me wired and awake all night just from one of them. If you are unsure 2 should be alright also.

rmk
07-06-2005, 12:30 PM
crack cocaine:thumbsup:

K271
07-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Too bad you can't get a hold of the Red Bull from the States. CDN redbull doesn't have the trace of anphetamine that the US one has. That's the good stuff, but like others have said, if you're not sure, take two.

11pm to 9am is nothing, just be thankful you're not a doctor, 30 hours without sleep.

Raz
07-06-2005, 12:44 PM
If you have history of stomache issues, don't drink this much caffeine, its VERY acidic, I stay awake on just staying nourished, alot of people forget to eat, or over eat when they are tired/staying up all night - the trick is to just keep running you cycle through as if it was day, it isn't hard staying up late, even very late, just make sure you keep yourself hydrated as well, and keep busy.

- Rasmus (who used to work 100 hours a week for 2 years)

nhlfan
07-06-2005, 12:46 PM
dont drink anything, staying awake for that long isnt hard, and that much caffiene isnt good anyway. You might end up burning out after all of that, which would be worse than just staying up.

Carfanman
07-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Coffee. Drink a small coffee a few times through out the night. Just dont do what I did one night, had a large coffe at about 1, then about 4 I had a medium. at 5 I started feeling very energetic, then a little later I started walking around the building I was in, and when I talked to people it was very fast and part of the time I was talking nonstop, then walked home for twenty minutes non stop, then walked around my house, went to bed, got the shakes and fell a sleep shortly after. It was kind of fun, but I dont reccomend it.

habsfan
07-16-2005, 09:40 PM
coffee does shit for me, i swear to god it puts me to sleep more than it wakes me up.

ex1z7
07-17-2005, 01:37 AM
red eye, red bull, dirty dawg, bawls, rush, and like mentioned, those penguin mints work well..

I'd say drink 2 red bull and when you start feeling thirsty or your mouth gets dry, drink another red bull so you have a shot of caffeine that will keep you alert instead of taking it when you start crashing.

Shooting back a few bottles of that shit won't do anything bad for you, they aren't that strong.. Might keep you up and annoying as hell to other people (if you're talkrative normally..you'll be moreso on caffeine..) but thats about it..

I've also just noticed this reply is a 11 days late.. Well for future reference :nut:

leutyc
07-26-2005, 03:34 PM
^^^Thanks for bumping it, i had a hard time finding this, I needed ideas on how to drive to Regina on Friday, i am leaving at 3 AM! i think Bawls and the mountion Dew with caffien and some food, i should be ok. Pray for very few cops!

Primer_Drift
07-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Drink water not caffiene. Caffiene has a plateau effect just like many drugs, and you will require more and more of it to keep the same level of "alertness". Caffiene is also diuretic, and will decrease your hydration levels and make you feel twice as tired when its stimulant effect wears off. If you are hydrated, well nourished and well rested beforehand you should have no trouble staying awake for a day or two. Take it from me, caffiene is no good; I used to take a few Wake-ups an hour in highschool (equivilant to 2 cups of coffee each) and got to the point where it was detrimental to my health haha..
:nut:

dragonone
07-26-2005, 04:14 PM
another important thing is what you eat
ie. bacon and eggs in the morning will likely put u to sleep
try fruit salad

Z_Fan
07-26-2005, 05:44 PM
They make "wake-up" pills for just this purpose.

You don't need to drink anything.

Fluidic
07-26-2005, 05:51 PM
The best solution is to swallow one methylphenidate hydrochloride tablet. Also commonly known as Ritalin.

GTS Jeff
07-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Cut yourself.

Sharpie
07-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Cut yourself.

Where's the best place to cut yourself to stay awake for awhile?

lastprodigy
07-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Where's the best place to cut yourself to stay awake for awhile?

actually recent studies have shown cutting your penis off is far more effective in staying awake :rolleyes:

Ben
07-27-2005, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy

actually recent studies have shown cutting your penis off is far more effective in staying awake :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure I would Pass out immediatly from shock, and the moment I woke up, I'd be putting a hydrashock between my eyes.

GTS Jeff
07-27-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Where's the best place to cut yourself to stay awake for awhile? Anywhere visible and obvious is fine. When people ask, tell them that you are the devil, and you do the devil's work.

lastprodigy
07-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Ben

I'm pretty sure I would Pass out immediatly from shock, and the moment I woke up, I'd be putting a hydrashock between my eyes.

shhhh :D ;)

d-UNiT
07-27-2005, 11:31 AM
what are these bawls?

whatits made of and whatsit taste like?

also a good way to stay awake is to stand on a chair and watch about schmidt

leutyc
07-27-2005, 11:37 AM
u can get them at 7-11 i think about $2.50 a bottal, they taste allright, easyer to drink then red bull

GQBalla
07-27-2005, 09:01 PM
man caffine does nothing for me!
i remember i chugged down 3 bottles of USA redbull back to back and than i just went to sleep...was suppose to study for social diploma but that didn't work out....i have no troubles staying awake anyways