PDA

View Full Version : mmmm, Volvo SUV

Hakkola
01-23-2003, 12:00 AM
Saw one of these bad boys beside MRC right by the dealership, I guess someone was taking a test drive. I was surprised it's actually really good looking from the front and side, the rear I didn't get a great look at I only noticed the lights, they seem to go pretty high up...

T5_X
01-23-2003, 02:20 AM
XC90 with T6 and geartronic :drool:

My dad and I will be looking at these over reading break. Hopefully I'll be able to test pilot :)

joe2002lexus
01-25-2003, 04:41 AM
nice car

Mikko
01-25-2003, 12:52 PM
lol, what are you drooling about? Terribly boring to drive such tall vehicles. Then again all vehicles are boring when driven in cities.

Trucks are bad for you.

buh_buh
01-25-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Mikko
lol, what are you drooling about? Terribly boring to drive such tall vehicles. Then again all vehicles are boring when driven in cities.

Trucks are bad for you.
yeah, how are you supposed to rally in that fools?

T5_X
01-25-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Mikko

Trucks are bad for you.

uhhhh, maybe you should actually TRY to drive such vehicles before you shoot your mouth off.

Btw, the chassis of the XC90 is FAR from truck-like.

Mikko
01-25-2003, 12:59 PM
No need to be sarcastic. But big bulky heavy cars/vehicles/trucks provide nearly nothing in the terms of driving fun, not even on more interesting roads.

Convertibles are probably the ultimate fun when driving legally on twisty roads. That is, small, light RWD ones. Trucks, vans etc are about the least fun.

It's not typically truck, but it has a higher ride height, higher center of gravity, four wheel drive.. and I'm sure it obeys under the truck laws and not passenger cars.

I already think normal passenger cars (midsize) are boring. Lighter econoboxes are more fun, and the most fun I've had is in a Peugeot 205 GTi, which incidently is the smallest, lightest, lowest to the ground vehicle I have driven. I can pretty much guess that a 2+ ton high riding truck type vehicle is not going to be much in the way of driving fun, legally on roads.

buh_buh
01-25-2003, 01:05 PM
not everyone buys cars for the "fun" of driving.
Most people buy SUV's because they are comfortable, big, and good for carrying lots of stuff.

T5_X
01-25-2003, 01:13 PM
what are you basing your opinion of "fun" on? Opinion of magazine editors? Ask a person with a jeep what a funner vehicle is, a miata or a lifted YJ.

The XC90 is probably also the safest vehicle you can currently buy when in a collision, probably one of the best SUVs out there for accident avoidance. Also, the utlilty and practicality of such a vehicle is much better than an econobox. I've driven the V70XC in horrible road conditions and the thing sticks to the road, much more "fun" in adverse conditions than almost any vehicle out there.

Mikko
01-25-2003, 01:13 PM
not everyone buys cars for the "fun" of driving.
Most people buy SUV's because they are comfortable, big, and good for carrying lots of stuff.

Indeed, though I can't imagine people drooling at vans, which are essentially the same as you describe, thus it's probably not because of the reasons you list (which should be the real reasons for liking them).

what are you basing your opinion of "fun" on? Opinion of magazine editors?

I thought I wrote of my own experiences in car fun. Go read my post again.

The XC90 is probably also the safest vehicle you can currently buy when in a collision, probably one of the best SUVs out there for accident avoidance.

Yep yep. Certainly one of the less evil SUV's. It has a lowered front bumper thing that is to make sure that it doesn't bypass the safety devices of other vehicles and kill the occupants. Hope it works.

Also, the utlilty and practicality of such a vehicle is much better than an econobox.

I think that is up to the conditions you drive in to decide. Out in the country, far from any cities? A lot of hills? Logging roads? NO roads? Then it wins for sure. But if you're around the city, I doubt it could come close to touching the dollar2utility value of say, a Focus wagon.